Camp Olave Bald Eagles, Sunshine Coast, BC - 2017/2018 season

To store all archived 'Nests in BC - with Ground Observers' topics
marg
Content Provider

Re: Camp Olave Bald Eagles, Sunshine Coast, BC - 2017/2018 season

Post by marg » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Heather good to know that both eaglets are o.k Thanks for the pictures. :) :)
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

heatherj
Content Provider

Post by heatherj » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:09 pm

I'm hoping to get to see this nest this weekend. The tides haven't been very helpful the last 2 weeks.

But I'm hoping that everyone will be gone off by now. But you never know!
What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

heatherj
Content Provider

Post by heatherj » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:08 pm

I visited the nest this morning and I was wrong in my previous post.... they are still around! :)

I saw 1 fledged juvenile perched away from the nest tree so s/he had definitely fledged. The juvenile was quite calm and quiet so I don't think s/he was hungry but definitely very curious spending a lot of time looking around and watching me. I was there for about 30 mins and didn't see or hear any adults or the other juvenile. I was about half way back down the beach when I heard an adult calling from behind me and turned round to see an adult fly in to a tree very near where I had seen the juvenile perched. My viewpoint was right into the sun so I couldn't see if it was a food drop but I did manage to get a few pics so when I upload something might be obvious. :)

Back at the beach entrance I saw an adult on the dead tree that the Brownings use a lot. After about 10 mins of me watching, that adult flew off towards the Browning nest so it could have been one of the Brownings. Or perhaps someone passing by?

Pics to follow!
What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

stim
Content Provider

Post by stim » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:52 am

So good you saw 1 fledgling! :thumlft: I hope the other was around, just not visible. Or perhaps off and away. Looking forward to your pics!

heatherj
Content Provider

Post by heatherj » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:19 pm

:oops2: :oops2: :oops2:

I am very sorry, but better late than never! At last, here are the final 3 pics from last season from my visit on Aug 7. One eaglet on a tree near the nest tree and then 1 adult that arrived as I was half way back down the beach.

So overall a successful season. Definitely one eaglet fledged and possibly two. Another nest collapse but again, Ma and Pa still managed to raise one or more eaglets.

:bravo:
Attachments
HWF_Olave_20180807_8165.JPG
HWF_Olave_20180807_8178.JPG
HWF_Olave_20180807_8225.JPG

heatherj
Content Provider

Post by heatherj » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Thread for 2018/2019 season is here

I'm still finishing setting that up but once thats done I will lock this thread

Return to “Archive - Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”