Harrison Mills Observation and Discussion thread 2017..2018

Camera discussion for the Harrison Mills nest in Harrison Mills, British Columbia

Moderator: Harrison Mills TA's

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Re: Harrison Mills Observation and Discussion thread 2017..2018

Post by Yolande » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi again and good-night Gail and Bev...!

Thanks for reporting the cams, Bev...

The embedded cams page is down and the PTZ cams are active...but no video stream. I put the SPTZ on 'home' so that's where it should be when the SPTZ comes fully up...
Untitled 15759.jpg

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 pm

I was taping on the SPTZ and here are a few more scaps from the visit at 5:43pm
Untitled 15766.jpg
Untitled 15768.jpg
This was the 2nd eagle to fly in and I think it was Dad...

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:16 pm

When I watched the tape, I realized they both did a bit more digging around than I had thought...
Untitled 15771.jpg
It was quite funny when Dad decided to teach Lady friend a lesson on getting out of his way...he went for her tail feathers and gave her a few good pecks, grabbing her tail feathers in his beak at one point. :mihihi:
Untitled 15776.jpg
Untitled 15778.jpg
Nice visit..!

AnneP
Zoomer

Post by AnneP » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi all, I'm home again and checking in - the cams are currently offline. :(
Just read through the posts and s'caps so they will hopefully will be up again tomorrow!!
Good night to everybody - I'm off to bed now. :offtobed:

nightowl
Forum Assistant

Post by nightowl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:57 pm

THURSDAY, JULY 26, 2018

:bye 1:
Member since May 9, 2006

Heather L
Zoomer

Post by Heather L » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:05 am

Cams still down @ 11:59 pm July 25
Thank you Bev, Gail, Yolande, Judy, Anne . Great that Dad and female are still coming to nest . Sorry I couldn't be here to catch the action. Goodnight HM :offtobed:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:23 am

Good Morning H Mills, Yolande, Gail, Heather , Anne, Nana2 and all who watch this nest ! Thank you nightowl for starting the our day here ! :grhug:

Yolande I love those other s'caps you posted and welcome home Anne !

Weather Report
screenshot_34.jpg
5:23am
Both cams are down !

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:46 am

6:44am

Cams are down 12 hours now and no updates on the "Report Cams Down " thread !

6:54am
I have to go BBL

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 am

Hi Harrison Mills

It has been awhile. So I have been trying to catch up on the posts and I am starting to realize Ma and Pa are no longer residents at the nest. Pa last year and Ma this one.
My question is:
Has anyone spotted Ma? Is she okay or has something happened to her?
I will assume Ma won't be returning to the nest which I find very sad because she was or should I say is a real trooper.

That is just so sad.

Sandy

Helen

Post by Helen » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:44 am

Oh Sandy such sad news. I haven't been keeping up with the posts, what happened? I thought Ma had a mate and they had an eaglet this year which passed away on some bad food.
Helen

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:21 am

Good morning, everyone!

It seems like only yesterday that Dusk, the older eaglet at Delta 2, hatched:
(April 11 image courtesy of SueB)

And it was just two weeks ago that he (or maybe she) was perching on the distant towers like the big eagle he was rapidly becoming!
(July 12 image courtesy of Jean)

And now he and Dawn have both left on their great adventure, following their instincts and lots of other young eagles to the places where salmon will be easy food as their hunting and scavenging skills increase.

It's amazing what an eaglet can do in three short months.

And I've learned that it's pretty amazing what our members and supporters and those who quietly just watch the cams can do in three short days, so....

Delta 2 Matching Drive Starts Now!
As many of you know, Delta 2 is a viewer-sponsored nest - and we need to raise $5000 for cleaning and maintenance on the cams while the eagles are away in August and September.

And the cams are badly in need of cleaning.

Happily some long-time friends of Delta 2 are willing to match the first $1000 raised in the next three days - so if you adopt Delta 2 (or one of our other nests) for next year for $250, Hancock Wildlife will get $500!

The easiest way to adopt a nest is to
  • go to the "Donations" page on our website (https://hancockwildlife.org/donations/)
  • click the "Donate via CanadaHelps Now!" link
  • enter the amount of your donation ($250 to adopt Delta 2 or the nest of your choice for the coming year)
  • pick "Adopt a Nest" from the Fund list
  • use the message box to say which nest you are adopting and how you would like your name to be listed
  • fill in your contact information and credit card details, and
  • click "Complete Donation Now"
And if this isn't a good time for adopting a nest, you can also make a donation of any amount to the "Eagle Cams/General Repairs" fund or you can make a monthly donation by changing the highlighted box at the top of the page from "Donate Now" to "Donate Monthly." Many of the funds have a suggested amount - but that is just a suggestion. The amount you put in the Amount box is what you'll donate.

You don't need to be in Canada to use CanadaHelps - and the rate of exchange right now is favorable to those of us in the United States - a donation of $250 Canadian dollars is currently about $200 US dollars, so if you give $250 through CanadaHelps (or PayPal), HWF gets $250 Canadian dollars, and the cost to you is based on the current rate of exchange.

You can also use the other methods on the Donations page, but it's not as easy to provide all the information, so you may want to contact Karen Bills ([email protected]) and let her know a donation is coming so it gets included in the matching drive.

And if you have any questions about any of this, please do contact Karen or me ([email protected]) and we'll be happy to help.

Please click the picture below of Dusk preparing to fledge while Dawn watches to go to our Donations page:
(June 30 image courtesy of SandyW)
Thank you to all of you who have been supporting Delta 2 and our other nests over the years with your donations and your observations - you're the greatest! :thumlft:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:34 am

Hi Sandy and Helen...thanks you for your posts !

Sandy......We don't know what happened to Mom and time will tell if Mom returns to her nest ... right now Dad the father of Chips has a new Lady Friend and they have been visiting the nest and seem to be bonded pair :)

Helen.. Mom and Dad did have a beautiful eaglet called Chips and we don't know what caused h' h death,.... David Hancock has send out the Frog/ Toad pictures to be studied by someone who knows more thank he does as to the ID of the food~

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:40 am

JudyB wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:21 am
Good morning, everyone!

It seems like only yesterday that Dusk, the older eaglet at Delta 2, hatched:
(April 11 image courtesy of SueB)

And it was just two weeks ago that he (or maybe she) was perching on the distant towers like the big eagle he was rapidly becoming!
(July 12 image courtesy of Jean)

And now he and Dawn have both left on their great adventure, following their instincts and lots of other young eagles to the places where salmon will be easy food as their hunting and scavenging skills increase.

It's amazing what an eaglet can do in three short months.

And I've learned that it's pretty amazing what our members and supporters and those who quietly just watch the cams can do in three short days, so....

Delta 2 Matching Drive Starts Now!
As many of you know, Delta 2 is a viewer-sponsored nest - and we need to raise $5000 for cleaning and maintenance on the cams while the eagles are away in August and September.

And the cams are badly in need of cleaning.

Happily some long-time friends of Delta 2 are willing to match the first $1000 raised in the next three days - so if you adopt Delta 2 (or one of our other nests) for next year for $250, Hancock Wildlife will get $500!

The easiest way to adopt a nest is to
  • go to the "Donations" page on our website (https://hancockwildlife.org/donations/)
  • click the "Donate via CanadaHelps Now!" link
  • enter the amount of your donation ($250 to adopt Delta 2 or the nest of your choice for the coming year)
  • pick "Adopt a Nest" from the Fund list
  • use the message box to say which nest you are adopting and how you would like your name to be listed
  • fill in your contact information and credit card details, and
  • click "Complete Donation Now"
And if this isn't a good time for adopting a nest, you can also make a donation of any amount to the "Eagle Cams/General Repairs" fund or you can make a monthly donation by changing the highlighted box at the top of the page from "Donate Now" to "Donate Monthly." Many of the funds have a suggested amount - but that is just a suggestion. The amount you put in the Amount box is what you'll donate.

You don't need to be in Canada to use CanadaHelps - and the rate of exchange right now is favorable to those of us in the United States - a donation of $250 Canadian dollars is currently about $200 US dollars, so if you give $250 through CanadaHelps (or PayPal), HWF gets $250 Canadian dollars, and the cost to you is based on the current rate of exchange.

You can also use the other methods on the Donations page, but it's not as easy to provide all the information, so you may want to contact Karen Bills ([email protected]) and let her know a donation is coming so it gets included in the matching drive.

And if you have any questions about any of this, please do contact Karen or me ([email protected]) and we'll be happy to help.

Please click the picture below of Dusk preparing to fledge while Dawn watches to go to our Donations page:
(June 30 image courtesy of SandyW)
Thank you to all of you who have been supporting Delta 2 and our other nests over the years with your donations and your observations - you're the greatest! :thumlft:

Thanks so much Judy for all your work on the Fund Raiser for Delta 2 ! I will be happy to adopt the Delta 2 nest! :)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:21 am

Thanks so much, Bev!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 am

You are welcome Judy ! :huggie:

10:10 a