Redding, CA - 2018 - Bald Eagle Cam

To store all archived 'Other North American Eagle Cams' topics

Moderator: N Amer Eagle Cam TA's

Philjo56France

Re: Redding, CA - 2018 - Bald Eagle Cam

Post by Philjo56France » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:05 pm

Great pics Terri, thanks to Cheri and to you for sharing these beauties :huggie:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

RitaR
Topic Assistant

Post by RitaR » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:31 pm

Hi Terri! Oh wow! You couldn't ask for a more beautiful picture than those that you posted. Liberty and Spirit perched close together. Wow. Just brings a huge smile to my face. Thank you for posting those.

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:43 pm

Thanks everyone! I will pass on your comments to Cheri! I am eagerly awaiting my next visit to her house!!! She has company right now so I am trying to be polite and not be too pushy so I told her I would wait until her company is gone! I don't want to overstay my welcome!
:mihihi:

Luckily, we have more eyes & ears on our Redding Eagles! Roger from Riverview contacted me today with a report that Liberty had caught & fed a gray squirrel to her eaglets in an Oak Tree on the golf course this morning...
Liberty with River & Sky in Oak Tree by Roger.jpg
And, later in the day he watched Liberty take & eat a Canada Goose(sorry my Canadian friends) on the 4th Fairway. I was thinking that it could have been one of the young Canada Geese, not a full adult? I don't think I've seen them take an adult goose before?
Liberty with goose by Roger.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks Karen, that's what I thought too! Those adult geese can get pretty feisty when guarding their families! I guess there is a pair of Mute Swans that had a baby on the pond at the golf course this year but they can be even more aggressive when defending their young so I don't think Liberty or Spirit would go after that!

I wanted to take a moment to wish all of our U.S. members & Dualies a very Happy Independence Day from all of us here!
happy 4th of july with lib & spirit.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:58 pm

I thought this shot would make a good postcard for our City of Redding, California...
our redding eagles postcard.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Isn't that what you call yourself Karen? A dualie? I wasn't sure how to spell it so I looked it up online! :mihihi:

I think it is awesome that you are both an American & Canadian citizen! Double the celebrations! :thumlft:

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:20 pm

Update on our Redding Eagles:

The last sighting of one of our Redding Eagles was Sunday(7/8/18) evening around 8:15pm when Cheri saw one of the adults fly out of the Oak Tree next door to her house & flew into the trees across the river on the Riverview Golf Course.

Roger reported to me yesterday that he has not seen any of the eagles at Riverview for the last few days during his daytime work shift.

So, it is possible that our eagle family has headed north or wherever they go during the very hot summer months in Redding. Our eagles are not tagged or tracked in any way so we have no idea exactly where they summer.

Eagles are food-driven creatures so they are most likely heading somewhere that has an excellent food source at this time of year. As David explained to us, it would only take our eagles about 3 days to get from this area all the way up to Alaska, where they have a bountiful salmon supply at this time of year.

According to an Alaskan Fishing Site: "Peak season for salmon fishing occurs from May through September, with the five major species spread across the season. King Salmon fishing begins in May, and you can continue fishing for Silver Salmon all the way through November."

So, it appears that our Eagle Family has begun their journey & we wish them all well as they enjoy living the life of an eagle!

Godspeed Liberty, Spirit, River & Sky!

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25 pm

We will anxiously await Liberty & Spirit's return in mid-October!

I spotted Liberty for the 1st time last year on October 16th so that is only 3 months away!!!!
bluff branch beauties-3 with text.jpg

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Eaglewoman wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25 pm
We will anxiously await Liberty & Spirit's return in mid-October!

I spotted Liberty for the 1st time last year on October 16th so that is only 3 months away!!!!

bluff branch beauties-3 with text.jpg
So thanks a lot Terri for this (harder without cam) excellent season reports.
Long and happy life to River & Sky
See you in Autumn Liberty & Spirit.
Have all a very good summer time :huggie:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

RitaR
Topic Assistant

Post by RitaR » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi Terri. Thinking of you today. Hope that you, Kit, Liberty and Spirit are safe from the fires there. Hope you will post when you have time to let us know you are okay. :hug:

RitaR
Topic Assistant

Post by RitaR » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:54 am

Thank you Karen. Hope both of their homes are safe. It's a relief to know that both Kit and Terri are.

erikasanch

Post by erikasanch » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:31 pm

sending prayers and positive thoughts for all our friends with FORE.

I saw there was some improvement today.
hopefully they will get it under control soon.

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:25 am

Rita, I have been in contact with Kit and Terri, Karen has already told you about them in her post above. Terri told me that she is travelling home to Redding today, Monday. I haven't checked how the wildfire is today.

Marg
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Hello dear friends! I am home safe & sound! Thank you all for your concern & kind words this past week!

It has been our worst nightmare to see this beautiful area burn up like it did! We had never heard of a fire tornado & don't ever want to hear that word again! I was in Charlotte, N.C. attending my father's funeral, so thankfully I didn't have to experience it firsthand! But, to have so many friends & family affected by this catastrophe is heartbreaking :brknhrt:

But, this Community is strong & we will pull together to support one another as we rebuild homes & our precious surroundings. My heart breaks for all of the wildlife who lost their lives & homes as well... :cry1:

On a positive note, our Redding eagle family had already migrated for the hot summer months, so they should be safe & sound wherever they go! Most likely up to Alaska where all the B.C. eagles go for that bountiful salmon feast!

So, please keep us in your thoughts as we process this nightmare & gain the strength & courage to move forward together...

~Terri
Redding Strong.jpg

RitaR
Topic Assistant

Post by RitaR » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi Terri,

I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your Father. It's a relief to know that you are safe, and the eagles are on migration.
You do have a wonderful community there Terri. You will all be stronger due to this horrible fire event. We are here for you Terri!

:grhug:

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”