Eagleholics Anonymous ~ 2018

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Woodlands Bleu

Re: Eagleholics Anonymous ~ 2018

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:09 am

Hi All! I am so glad you got here. I wanted to pass on to Lynda that I also was having troubles with getting to last post on thread, and figured it out accidentally. Next to the name of the person posting the last post is a little arrow, click on it and you get to the last post.

Actually and surprisingly, I am finding this forum much easier to use and have been able to figure things out kind of logically, even posting pictures. What a surprise, I love it.

I am over at Screech Hollow and will be posting there as able, time wise. Andi goes for therapy dog testing tomorrow! I hope she does well as Bleu is now 11 and it's hard work helping people out so wish to retire her and let her enjoy her "golden years".
I will see you around and about the Forum, I loved your kitty pictures Lynda.
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

windsong
Topic Assistant

Post by windsong » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 am

I posted this on old thread, will copy here for FYI

JudyB "I have learned that you can't bookmark a post - only the whole topic. I think many forums have lots of small topics, rather than a relatively small number of topics/threads with hundreds or thousands of posts that we have here, so for them that makes sense. It doesn't so much for us."

Probably the easiest way to get to the latest post is this: go to the "garden fence chat" page (you can bookmark this in internet explorer etc) viewforum.php?f=62, You will see all the way to the right, the last person that posted and next to their user name is a little gray arrow, if you click that arrow it will take you to the post
2018-03-09 09_11_58-(1) Garden Fence Chat - Hancock Wildlife Foundation.jpg
2018-03-09 09_11_58-(1) Garden Fence Chat - Hancock Wildlife Foundation.jpg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 15349 times
Also at the very top of the page there is a "quick links" menu. there is an option for "new posts" if you click on this it will give you a list of all topics that have new posts.
2018-03-09 09_08_18-(1) Help Wanted - Discussion of How to Handle Things - Page 3 - Hancock Wildlife.jpg
2018-03-09 09_08_18-(1) Help Wanted - Discussion of How to Handle Things - Page 3 - Hancock Wildlife.jpg (21.24 KiB) Viewed 15349 times
Fly like an eagle and touch the sky! - Pat
Member since 7/29/2016

Helpful Hints

elle
Content Provider

Post by elle » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks Carolyn and Pat. I already know all that. Unfortunately it does not answer my question. And I followed the directions to change my font size and that doesn't work either. Time for a break and I will try again later :)
Last edited by elle on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be the change that you want to see in the world. – Mohandas K. Gandhi

Vancouver Island Contact and
Member since August 2006

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:18 am

Welcome, everyone! It's great to see so many folks here!

I wanted to let you know we do have a thread for questions in the Welcome area - viewtopic.php?p=18#p18 - so that is also a resource - and I know very soon you'll be the ones helping people!

To change font size, highlight what you want to change and click the dropdown next to the word Normal in the formatting bar above the box where you type, and pick a size. Or you can choose the size first, then type between the tags. You also aren't limited to those sizes - 200 is as big as you can go, but if you prefer 163 to the 150 you get when you pick large, you can do that! (The number 163 is slightly bigger, though it's not easy to see!)

elle
Content Provider

Post by elle » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:45 am

Testing font size change

Member since August 2006

elle
Content Provider

Post by elle » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am

Okay that worked but is it permanent for all posts going forward or does it have to be changed for each text.

Member since August 2006

elle
Content Provider

Post by elle » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am

Only works once. Can it not be changed permanently?

Member since August 2006

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:53 am

I'm afraid not, Lynda - all posts use the same font size unless you change specific words in one of your posts to emphasize something. We did make the default font size a bit bigger than the one that came with this software in recognition that those of us setting up the forum realized we were squinting at our screens - and if this is still too small for a lot of people, we could make it a little bigger - but there's no way that your posts can be bigger than those of everyone else (or a different color) unless you do that manually in each post.

We do have styles you can use which will change the whole look of the forum. To try them out, go to the upper right corner where you see your user name and click on your name, then click on the User Control Panel, then on the Board Preferences tab, and change "my board style" from hwf to one of the others. I think Black-Silver is slightly larger (and more stark, which may be easier reading for some) and prosilver is the original one that came with the forum, and which we edited to create hwf.

hwf
20180309_002.jpg
Black-Silver
20180309_003.jpg
prosilver
20180309_004.jpg
And I had started a helpful hint about this, then put it on hold while we were creating the hwf style - I'll see if I can go back and finish it now!

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Nestmates :grhug:

Still following the two nests :eag: :hatch: :eag:

E10 trying to figure out how to close your wings once you open them :mihihi:

First Lady waiting for Mr. President.....Windy it seems tht the Firt Lady is always waiting for Mr. P maybe he's a no show this season as I've been watching this nest I got interested in from you, but haven't seen Mr P also :eag: :ohmy: :puzz:

I'll figure how to do my Avatsr at a later date right now I have to put my originally joined this thread date :chin: how did you do it Scott?

Joined 07/17/06 :gdog: me and Einstein
Attachments
my wings_edited.jpg
where are you_edited.jpg

windsong
Topic Assistant

Post by windsong » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Judi, you just keep missing them. Both TFL and MrP were just at the nest. But they come and go until they have eggs.

Judi, you can't change the date you joined (sorry) it is linked to when you registered for the new web page. What most of us are doing as an alternative is placing a "member since" or "joined HWF" with date in our signature line.
Fly like an eagle and touch the sky! - Pat
Member since 7/29/2016

Helpful Hints

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:21 pm

Scott can't link the old forum pages so I guess admin has to do that for us.....its the same with the Lafarge nest cam link, won't link :dunno: :puzz:

txelements

Post by txelements » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Hello Folks.......so glad all have arrived safely.

Doree...... :ohmy: @ all the snow!
Your landlord deserves a heartfelt thank you from us all. :)

Head is swimming with all the new info on text & such but will figure it out as we always do. Especially with each other's help. :hug:

Scott....I'm with everyone else. Please if you can, continue to keep us up with the BBu's. I think we should call you "Papa Bear". :)

BBL.... Here's my latest s'cap of the Sands :eag: nest

4:18 Hello up there, Mudder.
418f.JPG

4:25 KissyKissy :)
425f.JPG
:bye 1:[/color]

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:21 pm

JudiW wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:21 pm
Scott can't link the old forum pages so I guess admin has to do that for us.....its the same with the Lafarge nest cam link, won't link :dunno: :puzz:
Judi, Scott posted a link to the old forum in the first post of this thread - and links to the two years before that. And there's a link back to the Lafarge posts on the old forum in the second post of the new Lafarge thread.

That's the only way I know to link to earlier threads - if you're asking a different question, please let me know. Thanks!

elle
Content Provider

Post by elle » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:12 pm

Thanks again JudyB for help with the fonts. Neither of the other 2 suit me so I will stick with the hwf font. It is definitely preferable to me but perhaps others might like the alternatives so it is good to know. To each his own . :yes: We are all in the learning stages and we will overcome :thumlft: Takes a bit of getting used to and we have such great support with our difficulties . :thumlft:

Member since August 2006

Deewerms

Post by Deewerms » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:32 pm

good evening everybody, I see not everyone has made it here yet, missing { Scott, papabear } love it Naoma :clap: hurry home here as we miss you, and the BB's too :D
Naoma, yeah, he is a saint, :hug: I would be locked in forever if he wasn't around plowing and then helping me get out, we had a good (bad) 18", :hlp: but Tuggy, my dear landlord saved the day and I was soo grateful :yes:

time to say goodnight friends, see ya later :bye 1:

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”