Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi everyone! We had a major forum glitch last night - the software decided to ban everyone, so no one could read the forum, to say nothing of being able to post.

As many of you know, we've had some issues with the forum being slow lately, and occasionally going offline briefly - and my understanding is that one of the changes we made to address that was not compatible with some of the other things we've done over time - and this was the result.

Our primary forum tech person, David Hathaway, has now unbanned everyone and has the forum up and running again, and we are all hoping that everything will continue to run smoothly for at least the next few months.

If you do notice anything unusual in the next day or two, please post here, or email me (judyb at hancockwildlife dot org) or one of the other admins.

Thank you all for your patience - and happy eagle watching!

Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:07 am

24/6/18 Delta Cams have been down all night and are still down.
"If you hang out with chickens, you are going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you are going to fly! " Dr Steve Maraboli

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:46 pm

12:36 pm - Delta 2 cams all went down.....still down at 12:46 pm.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:06 pm

1:06 pm
Thanks, Cheryle and Sue!
I just got here, and it looks as if they're back now - maybe Ken did a reboot.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:23 pm

9:23pm.........Horrible conditions tonight at Delta2 with cams going off and on..........spinning circles on the embedded cams which are currently running about 12 minutes behind real time.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:35 am

Sorry I'm late getting here this morning. Both embedded cams are currently streaming at real time.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:26 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:35 am
Sorry I'm late getting here this morning. Both embedded cams are currently streaming at real time.
12:25pm........Cams still going off and on at Delta2. And for several days now the controls on the cams have been very difficult to use........one pushes on the button, but the cam hesitates to move.........then it does move, then suddenly stops and one needs to continue pushing the button to get it to go.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:56 pm

WHITE ROCK :CLOSE UP, live streaming is behind 3 hours. :bye 1:
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:34 pm

DDuckies2 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:56 pm
WHITE ROCK :CLOSE UP, live streaming is behind 3 hours. :bye 1:
Looks OK now, DDuckies - I'm guessing Ken noticed and gave it a reboot!

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:11 am

6/26/18 4:56 am from Delta 2, I am not able to see the embedded east cam from the HW site or youtube. It is holding at yesterday's and last night's view. See the s'caps. Thinking it maybe my computer, I cleared history and cookies etc without any improvement. I used google browsing settings and CCcleaner to clear, plus restarted computer to reset. So wanted to check if in fact the east cam is not streaming or could it be another computer setting I need to change. Thanks....SandyW
2018-06-26_7-04-50.jpg
2018-06-26_7-07-18.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:25 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:11 am
6/26/18 4:56 am from Delta 2, I am not able to see the embedded east cam from the HW site or youtube. It is holding at yesterday's and last night's view. See the s'caps. Thinking it maybe my computer, I cleared history and cookies etc without any improvement. I used google browsing settings and CCcleaner to clear, plus restarted computer to reset. So wanted to check if in fact the east cam is not streaming or could it be another computer setting I need to change. Thanks....SandyW
2018-06-26_7-04-50.jpg2018-06-26_7-07-18.jpg
I just wanted to add to Sandy's post that both zoomer cams are working. It's just the E Embedded cam that is not streaming to YouTube.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:20 am

Good Morning All! I just wanted to see if there was any update on the Delta E Cam (Embedded cam) issue with YouTube not streaming. Since we only have the W Cam streaming and recording it makes it extremely tough to keep an eye on these eaglets that are branching and Ma & UME off the nest....having to keep an eye on the E zoomer cam constantly is tough, and remembering to take s'caps from there as action is happening. I am so dependent on the rollback and I already forgot today to take a s'cap as Dusk was flapping h/h wings on the branch and only the E Cam was on him at the time. Plus, from past experience, if I go in and out of full screen on the zoomer screen too much the cams go down on my end so that's a problem for me. I know that's too much whining this early in the morning. I really appreciate all that you do! :yes: :huggie:

Darlene
Admin

Post by Darlene » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:38 am

I can't get the Delta2 East embedded cam. It is rolled back to June 25 23:35 and I can't get it to go past that. I got in to the ptz east ok.
Darlene, Langley, member since May 10 2006

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:13 am

I'll try rebooting the East cam.

10:29 am
Reboot didn't work. I called Ken and he's checking the path between the cam and YouTube to find out what's not working and get it working again.

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:11 pm

12:10pm The West embedded cam just went down at Delta2 East embedded cam has been down for a while now...

Both PTZ cams are up and fine...

Thanks!

Return to “Technical Help”