Flume Creek/Margaret Rd Bald Eagles - Roberts Creek, Sunshine Coast, BC Seasons 2018-2023

To store all archived 'Nests in BC - with Ground Observers' topics
stim
Content Provider

Flume Creek/Margaret Rd Bald Eagles - Roberts Creek, Sunshine Coast, BC Seasons 2018-2023

Post by stim » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:15 pm

Welcome to the Flume Creek/Margaret Rd nest thread. Old forum thread here

If you visit the Flume Creek nest you are welcome to post comments and pictures here.

The nest is located on private property near the corner of Margaret and Beach in Roberts Creek on the Sunshine Coast. If you visit the nest please respect the privacy of the owners

The nest is new to the forum in 2017 but it has been occupied for several years - details to follow. Though the nest is on private property it can be seen from the corner of Margaret Rd and Beach Ave. The clearest view is to stand at the stop sign at the end of Margaret Rd and look NE to a group of tall trees behind a new house. The eagles can also be seen around the beach at the end of Margaret Rd.
  • 2017/18 - starts here
  • 2018/19 - starts here
  • 2019/20 - starts here
  • 2020/21 - starts here
  • 2021/22 - starts here.
  • 2022/23 - starts here
Flume Creek.JPG
Map of Flume Creek nest

heatherj
Content Provider

Re: Flume Creek/Margaret Rd Bald Eagles - Roberts Creek, Sunshine Coast, BC

Post by heatherj » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Reserved
What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

heatherj
Content Provider

Post by heatherj » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Reserved
What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Heather, best wishes for the upcoming season for the Flume Creek/Margaret Rd Nest! :D
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

stim
Content Provider

Post by stim » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:18 pm

I visited this nest yesterday but found no sign of eagles, just like last year. But they fooled us and produced at least 1 eaglet so I am not giving up on them. :D
1068.jpg

Mushka

Post by Mushka » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Thanks for the update Sandra! I had given up stopping by this nest last year as I never saw any activity, but like you say they fooled us and had at least 1 eaglet. Back to checking when I'm by that way :D

Mushka

Post by Mushka » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:28 pm

I forgot to thank Heather the last time I posted for opening this thread ! Thank you.

After never seeing any activity at this nest last year I stopped by yesterday, and was again greeted by silence and no activity. A woman came out of one of the buildings and told me that she hadn't heard any eagle activity the past few days but hears them all the time and pointed in the general direction of the water, waving her arm to the left and right. So am assuming they may perch closer to the beach ?

I was out this morning so stopped by again, not expecting to see anything once again. And at first I didn't, but after taking a few pictures I noticed movement in the nest and realized it was an adult moving it's head up and down, maybe eating or feeding ? Yay !

095-1.jpg
Finally! An adult in the nest when I stopped by.

stim
Content Provider

Post by stim » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:34 am

Nice shot Karen considering how difficult it is to see any activity in this nest! Great news about feeding motions going on. :thumlft:

stim
Content Provider

Post by stim » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:35 pm

I finally got back to this nest June 11 to find an adult eagle visible. At first I thought it was sitting in the end of the nest but on zooming into the picture think it was perched beside the nest.
Sorry for the reflection! Just below the reflection you can just see the white head to the left of the tree trunk.
1745.jpg
Perched.
1746.jpg

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Good to see the :eag: there!
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

stim
Content Provider

Post by stim » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:20 am

Was back at the nest July 4 to find an adult on duty beside the nest again. No sign of a youngster.
2058.jpg

Mushka

Post by Mushka » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Good to see that you're seeing an adult perched by the nest Sandra, I've stopped by multiple times but haven't seen any activity since April . . . one day I hope to get lucky, and maybe even see a youngster :-)

stim
Content Provider

Post by stim » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:45 pm

No adult, no youngster seen at yesterday's nest visit. :(

stim
Content Provider

Post by stim » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:44 am

Yesterday's visit found an adult perched beside the nest again. This time I could see movement which I thought might be wings in the nest behind the tree trunk. Or I guess it could even have been on a branch behind the tree trunk.
2377.jpg

stim
Content Provider

Post by stim » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:07 am

David and I dropped by again on Aug 5. No eagles seen, not even the devoted parent we have seen so much of recently.

Return to “Archive - Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”