Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
SueB
Zoomer

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:32 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:21 pm
SueB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 pm
Good Afternoon All! I'm not sure where to post this one, but have a question regarding the YouTube recordings for Delta. From what I have noticed we get a recording after the cams go down, and that recording shows all the time back to the last time the cams went down. We don't seem to have recordings unless and until there is an outage. So, this morning, we had a lot of activity but the cams stayed up most of the morning :thumlft: . Once the cams went down, the recording ended up being extremely long. I happened to see the recordings for both cams and was able to share the link to them on the Delta thread. But by the time that Jean went to view them they were removed from YT because they were too long. So what happens now? Do those tapes get split up into smaller versions? Or do we lose all that completely? I just checked a few minutes ago and don't see anything for this morning. I think the cams went down around 11:40 am nest time.
Really good question, Sue, and I have no idea of the answer. Were the videos longer than the 4 hours the cams have on rollback/dvr on a good day? I've seen cams on other sites that seem to reset the rollback every hour and also have one-hour videos - and I'm guessing there's a correlation there. But I haven't seen an option for that with YouTube, though I haven't specifically searched for ways to automatically produce videos (and was quite surprised when I originally found videos on the site that we didn't post). I'm pretty sure that we could set the dvr/rollback so the amount of time one can look back is shorter - but don't know if that would affect how YouTube's videos work.

I'll try to do some research on that tomorrow, unless someone out there knows a bit more than I do about how YouTube works (which wouldn't take much - I'm trying to learn more about all our new software and processes, but there's a lot to learn).
Judy, I wish I had paid closer attention, but I'm thinking it may have said 7 or 11 hours on it. On my computer when I go to YT it shows the length of the video before you actually start playing it. But it looks like there is one out there from yesterday that is 7 hours, and that one is working, so maybe today's was 11 hours.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks, Sue - perhaps another piece of the puzzle - and definitely shows it's not related to the length of the rollback.

If we knew that YouTube always made a video (and if we had some way of finding it again) we could try to reboot the cams from time to time - though that may not take the cams offline long enough so they save a video.

So much to learn!

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:39 pm
Thanks, Sue - perhaps another piece of the puzzle - and definitely shows it's not related to the length of the rollback.

If we knew that YouTube always made a video (and if we had some way of finding it again) we could try to reboot the cams from time to time - though that may not take the cams offline long enough so they save a video.

So much to learn!
Judy, is that a lot of trouble to reboot the cams? If not, if we can do that every 6 hours or maybe even every 8 hours, so it's only 3 times a day, then that should work. The videos are actually pretty easy to find, but they take a little time (not too long though) to get out there after the outage. This is how I find them.....do the search on the cam you want, and you can even filter (far right of screen) so that it shows only today's and also sort it by upload date. Usually the one at the top is the most current.
2018-06-10 18_15_56-Window.jpg

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:24 pm

JudyB - special request - when it's not so windy at Delta, I think we would like to work on the presets on the W Cam. I need to go through them all first to see what works and what doesn't but after that if we could set a date/time that would be great!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:30 pm

SueB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Judy, is that a lot of trouble to reboot the cams? If not, if we can do that every 6 hours or maybe even every 8 hours, so it's only 3 times a day, then that should work. The videos are actually pretty easy to find, but they take a little time (not too long though) to get out there after the outage. This is how I find them.....do the search on the cam you want, and you can even filter (far right of screen) so that it shows only today's and also sort it by upload date. Usually the one at the top is the most current.
Not really, Sue - it sometimes takes a couple of tries to sign in (as you know better than I, doing it more often), but once I'm in, it's just a couple of clicks. If things slow down a little ( :w00t: ), I can reboot one of the cams here and then post what time I did it so you can look to see if it made a video. Or if it doesn't slow down before my dinner time (which is about a half hour away), I can try rebooting in the early morning, when it's usually fairly peaceful. And we can post in the zoomer sign-in area that we're going to be testing this.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:32 pm

SueB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:24 pm
JudyB - special request - when it's not so windy at Delta, I think we would like to work on the presets on the W Cam. I need to go through them all first to see what works and what doesn't but after that if we could set a date/time that would be great!
Happy to help with that - I think I should be around quite a bit this coming week, though I don't know what the weather is going to be doing.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:30 pm
SueB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Not really, Sue - it sometimes takes a couple of tries to sign in (as you know better than I, doing it more often), but once I'm in, it's just a couple of clicks. If things slow down a little ( :w00t: ), I can reboot one of the cams here and then post what time I did it so you can look to see if it made a video. Or if it doesn't slow down before my dinner time (which is about a half hour away), I can try rebooting in the early morning, when it's usually fairly peaceful. And we can post in the zoomer sign-in area that we're going to be testing this.
Judy, I googled what is the limit on Youtube videos and this is what I found:

Maximum upload size:

The maximum file size you can upload is 128GB or 12 hours, whichever is less. We've changed the limits on uploads in the past, so you may see older videos that are longer than 12 hours.

So based on this I am assuming this morning's video was longer than 12 hours.

Phil
Zoomer

Post by Phil » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Cams have been down for over 30 mins.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Phil wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 pm
Cams have been down for over 30 mins.
Thanks, Phil - if you mean Delta, they seem to be fine now. We've been trying to find out why they keep going down, and so far haven't been having any luck with that - hopefully soon.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:34 pm

WHITE ROCK
North WA & CU cams are freezing while zooming. Its been awhile( months?) since we had a reboot, so maybe do all 3 cams. :thumlft:
------------------
live streaming down. endless circle thingy, and vertical lines: here is a scap of the 3 cam views
Attachments
wr.JPG
:grhug:

Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:39 am

4.35am Delta Time. Delta cams are being hard to control, they are stiff, buzzing with sound intermittent and it is hard to pan around because they are very slow to respond and then move too move or not enough.
"If you hang out with chickens, you are going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you are going to fly! " Dr Steve Maraboli

Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 am

9.25am Delta time 12th June The cams crashed while I was zooming, they came back, but were hard to use, they are freezing and so logged off. The circles are spinning on the cams.
"If you hang out with chickens, you are going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you are going to fly! " Dr Steve Maraboli

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 am

For the record, White Rock cams improved eventually yesterday - I tried rebooting and that didn't help so I emailed Ken - not sure if he did something, or if they decided to come back on their own.

Cheryl, I will see if I can reboot the Delta cams; will post on the Obs and Zoomer threads so folks know what's happening.

Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 pm

Judy rebooting really helped the cams yesterday.

The cams have crashed again though (Delta time 9.55pm) They might come back, so just reporting it in that it is happening. You all have your hands full! -They did so a bit premature!

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:59 am

9:56am............The cams at Delta2 were a constant problem last night..........all of them going off and on frequently. Embedded cams get that spinning circle, zoomer cams freeze, go black then disappear. Sometimes they need to be reloaded before one can see them again after they have come back on (both embedded ones and zoomers). This morning the problem still seems to be there.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

Return to “Technical Help”