Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 23951
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:53 am

Good Morning All! Delta 2 cams have been down for 5 minutes. NEED HELP!


ADD: The embedded cams seemed to have come up twice for a few seconds. Then I try to log onto the zoomer cams and go back the embedded screen and they are down again. This happened twice so far.


ADD#2: Neither cam is on the nest so we will have no YT tape showing what is happening. Had the E Cam on Ma and had just pulled the W Cam up to get a view of the male on the other side of the tree.

11:20 am - Cams continue to go up and down. I was able to get onto the E Zoomer cam and set it on the nest but am not able to do the same for the W cam.

11:47 am - Cams still continue to go up and down but I was able to get the W Cam back on the nest so there's no problem there, but we cannot zoom at all at this point and can only get reports basically off of Youtube because the embedded cams are only staying up for a minute or so before they go down again.

Cheryldavis
Topic Assistant
Posts: 4183
Joined: Feb 21, 2018
Location: England

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Cheryldavis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:38 am

June 6th Delta East is running slow. I was on the zoomer cams and they froze so put it back on nest!
"If you hang out with chickens, you are going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you are going to fly! " Dr Steve Maraboli

User avatar
Darlene
Admin
Posts: 1160
Joined: Jan 15, 2018
Location: Langley

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Darlene » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:08 pm

7:00 pm Delta2 cams just went down and can't get anything back.
Darlene, Langley, member since May 10 2006

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 16007
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:43 pm

9:42pm........To add to Darlene's post................All cams went down at about 9pm (not 7pm) tonight.........Embedded cams are still off.................managed to get both zoomers back for a second to move cams back to the nest.........but they are not staying on. Every cam is off.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 23951
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

Good Morning All! Delta 2 cams all went down around 9 minutes ago and have not come back yet. I was on the zoomer cams for 1 1/2 hours and they started stuttering during the last 15 minutes or so, and then went down. Both cams are on the nest.

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 16007
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:56 am

9:55am............Cams are continually going off and on at Delta.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 47543
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:24 am

SATURDAY, JUNE 9 , 2018

Good Morning !

Re Harrison Mills S Cam..

It has a spinning circle and is showing the time at 8:11 am ... I tried refreshing it and that didn't help..... maybe a re boot would ..
screenshot_53.jpg

It is actually 8:20am nest time ..... I just finished zooming on the S Cam and that is working well..I

I have to go out BBL

Thank You,
Bev
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4624
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:13 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:24 am
SATURDAY, JUNE 9 , 2018

Good Morning !

Re Harrison Mills S Cam..

It has a spinning circle and is showing the time at 8:11 am ... I tried refreshing it and that didn't help..... maybe a re boot would ..
screenshot_53.jpg


It is actually 8:20am nest time ..... I just finished zooming on the S Cam and that is working well..I

I have to go out BBL

Thank You,
Bev
Thanks for posting, Bev, and ...

Done!

I'll be away much of the day today - may be able to check for other issues when I get home, or else in the morning.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 47543
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:37 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:13 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:24 am
SATURDAY, JUNE 9 , 2018

Good Morning !

Re Harrison Mills S Cam..

It has a spinning circle and is showing the time at 8:11 am ... I tried refreshing it and that didn't help..... maybe a re boot would ..
screenshot_53.jpg


It is actually 8:20am nest time ..... I just finished zooming on the S Cam and that is working well..I

I have to go out BBL

Thank You,
Bev
Thanks for posting, Bev, and ...

Done!

I'll be away much of the day today - may be able to check for other issues when I get home, or else in the morning.
Thanks Judy S Cam is streaming well ... hope you are having a good day.. :huggie:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 16007
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 pm

9:00pm.........We have had quite a bit of trouble with all the cams today at Delta2. First the zoomers freeze, then go black. Then the embedded ones get a spinning circle and go offline. Usually takes reloading to get the zoomer cams back once everything comes back on again. Cam controls are not responding right away.............delayed........jerking and sputtering...........sound intermittent as well..............sure seems like issues with the signals being interrupted or something. Tonight was very bad.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 47543
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:11 am

SUNDAY , JUNE 10 , 2O18

Good Morning !

Re Harrison Mills S Embedded Cam

It has a spinning circle and last recorded time was 00:03 am ..
screenshot_11.jpg


I checked the S Direct Access cam and that is streaming fine with the correct time

Thank You ,
Bev
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4624
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:49 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:11 am
SUNDAY , JUNE 10 , 2O18

Good Morning !

Re Harrison Mills S Embedded Cam

It has a spinning circle and last recorded time was 00:03 am ..

I checked the S Direct Access cam and that is streaming fine with the correct time

Thank You ,
Bev
Thanks, Bev - rebooted and now seems to be streaming correctly.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 47543
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:49 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:11 am
SUNDAY , JUNE 10 , 2O18

Good Morning !

Re Harrison Mills S Embedded Cam

It has a spinning circle and last recorded time was 00:03 am ..

I checked the S Direct Access cam and that is streaming fine with the correct time

Thank You ,
Bev
Thanks, Bev - rebooted and now seems to be streaming correctly.
Thanks so much Judy :huggie:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 23951
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Good Afternoon All! I'm not sure where to post this one, but have a question regarding the YouTube recordings for Delta. From what I have noticed we get a recording after the cams go down, and that recording shows all the time back to the last time the cams went down. We don't seem to have recordings unless and until there is an outage. So, this morning, we had a lot of activity but the cams stayed up most of the morning :thumlft: . Once the cams went down, the recording ended up being extremely long. I happened to see the recordings for both cams and was able to share the link to them on the Delta thread. But by the time that Jean went to view them they were removed from YT because they were too long. So what happens now? Do those tapes get split up into smaller versions? Or do we lose all that completely? I just checked a few minutes ago and don't see anything for this morning. I think the cams went down around 11:40 am nest time.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4624
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:21 pm

SueB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 pm
Good Afternoon All! I'm not sure where to post this one, but have a question regarding the YouTube recordings for Delta. From what I have noticed we get a recording after the cams go down, and that recording shows all the time back to the last time the cams went down. We don't seem to have recordings unless and until there is an outage. So, this morning, we had a lot of activity but the cams stayed up most of the morning :thumlft: . Once the cams went down, the recording ended up being extremely long. I happened to see the recordings for both cams and was able to share the link to them on the Delta thread. But by the time that Jean went to view them they were removed from YT because they were too long. So what happens now? Do those tapes get split up into smaller versions? Or do we lose all that completely? I just checked a few minutes ago and don't see anything for this morning. I think the cams went down around 11:40 am nest time.
Really good question, Sue, and I have no idea of the answer. Were the videos longer than the 4 hours the cams have on rollback/dvr on a good day? I've seen cams on other sites that seem to reset the rollback every hour and also have one-hour videos - and I'm guessing there's a correlation there. But I haven't seen an option for that with YouTube, though I haven't specifically searched for ways to automatically produce videos (and was quite surprised when I originally found videos on the site that we didn't post). I'm pretty sure that we could set the dvr/rollback so the amount of time one can look back is shorter - but don't know if that would affect how YouTube's videos work.

I'll try to do some research on that tomorrow, unless someone out there knows a bit more than I do about how YouTube works (which wouldn't take much - I'm trying to learn more about all our new software and processes, but there's a lot to learn).

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 23951
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:32 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:21 pm
SueB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 pm
Good Afternoon All! I'm not sure where to post this one, but have a question regarding the YouTube recordings for Delta. From what I have noticed we get a recording after the cams go down, and that recording shows all the time back to the last time the cams went down. We don't seem to have recordings unless and until there is an outage. So, this morning, we had a lot of activity but the cams stayed up most of the morning :thumlft: . Once the cams went down, the recording ended up being extremely long. I happened to see the recordings for both cams and was able to share the link to them on the Delta thread. But by the time that Jean went to view them they were removed from YT because they were too long. So what happens now? Do those tapes get split up into smaller versions? Or do we lose all that completely? I just checked a few minutes ago and don't see anything for this morning. I think the cams went down around 11:40 am nest time.
Really good question, Sue, and I have no idea of the answer. Were the videos longer than the 4 hours the cams have on rollback/dvr on a good day? I've seen cams on other sites that seem to reset the rollback every hour and also have one-hour videos - and I'm guessing there's a correlation there. But I haven't seen an option for that with YouTube, though I haven't specifically searched for ways to automatically produce videos (and was quite surprised when I originally found videos on the site that we didn't post). I'm pretty sure that we could set the dvr/rollback so the amount of time one can look back is shorter - but don't know if that would affect how YouTube's videos work.

I'll try to do some research on that tomorrow, unless someone out there knows a bit more than I do about how YouTube works (which wouldn't take much - I'm trying to learn more about all our new software and processes, but there's a lot to learn).
Judy, I wish I had paid closer attention, but I'm thinking it may have said 7 or 11 hours on it. On my computer when I go to YT it shows the length of the video before you actually start playing it. But it looks like there is one out there from yesterday that is 7 hours, and that one is working, so maybe today's was 11 hours.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4624
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks, Sue - perhaps another piece of the puzzle - and definitely shows it's not related to the length of the rollback.

If we knew that YouTube always made a video (and if we had some way of finding it again) we could try to reboot the cams from time to time - though that may not take the cams offline long enough so they save a video.

So much to learn!

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 23951
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:39 pm
Thanks, Sue - perhaps another piece of the puzzle - and definitely shows it's not related to the length of the rollback.

If we knew that YouTube always made a video (and if we had some way of finding it again) we could try to reboot the cams from time to time - though that may not take the cams offline long enough so they save a video.

So much to learn!
Judy, is that a lot of trouble to reboot the cams? If not, if we can do that every 6 hours or maybe even every 8 hours, so it's only 3 times a day, then that should work. The videos are actually pretty easy to find, but they take a little time (not too long though) to get out there after the outage. This is how I find them.....do the search on the cam you want, and you can even filter (far right of screen) so that it shows only today's and also sort it by upload date. Usually the one at the top is the most current.
2018-06-10 18_15_56-Window.jpg

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 23951
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:24 pm

JudyB - special request - when it's not so windy at Delta, I think we would like to work on the presets on the W Cam. I need to go through them all first to see what works and what doesn't but after that if we could set a date/time that would be great!

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4624
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:30 pm

SueB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Judy, is that a lot of trouble to reboot the cams? If not, if we can do that every 6 hours or maybe even every 8 hours, so it's only 3 times a day, then that should work. The videos are actually pretty easy to find, but they take a little time (not too long though) to get out there after the outage. This is how I find them.....do the search on the cam you want, and you can even filter (far right of screen) so that it shows only today's and also sort it by upload date. Usually the one at the top is the most current.
2018-06-10 18_15_56-Window.jpg
Not really, Sue - it sometimes takes a couple of tries to sign in (as you know better than I, doing it more often), but once I'm in, it's just a couple of clicks. If things slow down a little ( :w00t: ), I can reboot one of the cams here and then post what time I did it so you can look to see if it made a video. Or if it doesn't slow down before my dinner time (which is about a half hour away), I can try rebooting in the early morning, when it's usually fairly peaceful. And we can post in the zoomer sign-in area that we're going to be testing this.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4624
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:32 pm

SueB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:24 pm
JudyB - special request - when it's not so windy at Delta, I think we would like to work on the presets on the W Cam. I need to go through them all first to see what works and what doesn't but after that if we could set a date/time that would be great!
Happy to help with that - I think I should be around quite a bit this coming week, though I don't know what the weather is going to be doing.

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 23951
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:58 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:30 pm
SueB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Judy, is that a lot of trouble to reboot the cams? If not, if we can do that every 6 hours or maybe even every 8 hours, so it's only 3 times a day, then that should work. The videos are actually pretty easy to find, but they take a little time (not too long though) to get out there after the outage. This is how I find them.....do the search on the cam you want, and you can even filter (far right of screen) so that it shows only today's and also sort it by upload date. Usually the one at the top is the most current.
2018-06-10 18_15_56-Window.jpg
Not really, Sue - it sometimes takes a couple of tries to sign in (as you know better than I, doing it more often), but once I'm in, it's just a couple of clicks. If things slow down a little ( :w00t: ), I can reboot one of the cams here and then post what time I did it so you can look to see if it made a video. Or if it doesn't slow down before my dinner time (which is about a half hour away), I can try rebooting in the early morning, when it's usually fairly peaceful. And we can post in the zoomer sign-in area that we're going to be testing this.
Judy, I googled what is the limit on Youtube videos and this is what I found:

Maximum upload size:

The maximum file size you can upload is 128GB or 12 hours, whichever is less. We've changed the limits on uploads in the past, so you may see older videos that are longer than 12 hours.


So based on this I am assuming this morning's video was longer than 12 hours.

User avatar
Phil
Zoomer
Posts: 83
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Phil » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Cams have been down for over 30 mins.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4624
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Phil wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 pm
Cams have been down for over 30 mins.
Thanks, Phil - if you mean Delta, they seem to be fine now. We've been trying to find out why they keep going down, and so far haven't been having any luck with that - hopefully soon.

DDuckies2
Zoomer
Posts: 5685
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: White Rock/Surrey BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by DDuckies2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:34 pm

WHITE ROCK
North WA & CU cams are freezing while zooming. Its been awhile( months?) since we had a reboot, so maybe do all 3 cams. :thumlft:
------------------
live streaming down. endless circle thingy, and vertical lines: here is a scap of the 3 cam views
Attachments
wr.JPG

Cheryldavis
Topic Assistant
Posts: 4183
Joined: Feb 21, 2018
Location: England

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Cheryldavis » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:39 am

4.35am Delta Time. Delta cams are being hard to control, they are stiff, buzzing with sound intermittent and it is hard to pan around because they are very slow to respond and then move too move or not enough.
"If you hang out with chickens, you are going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you are going to fly! " Dr Steve Maraboli

amyklai
Topic Assistant
Posts: 3924
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by amyklai » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:53 am

5.52a WR cams freezing , not streaming to web

Cheryldavis
Topic Assistant
Posts: 4183
Joined: Feb 21, 2018
Location: England

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Cheryldavis » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 am

9.25am Delta time 12th June The cams crashed while I was zooming, they came back, but were hard to use, they are freezing and so logged off. The circles are spinning on the cams.
"If you hang out with chickens, you are going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you are going to fly! " Dr Steve Maraboli

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4624
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 am

For the record, White Rock cams improved eventually yesterday - I tried rebooting and that didn't help so I emailed Ken - not sure if he did something, or if they decided to come back on their own.

Cheryl, I will see if I can reboot the Delta cams; will post on the Obs and Zoomer threads so folks know what's happening.

Cheryldavis
Topic Assistant
Posts: 4183
Joined: Feb 21, 2018
Location: England

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Cheryldavis » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 pm

Judy rebooting really helped the cams yesterday.

The cams have crashed again though (Delta time 9.55pm) They might come back, so just reporting it in that it is happening. You all have your hands full! -They did so a bit premature!
"If you hang out with chickens, you are going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you are going to fly! " Dr Steve Maraboli

Post Reply

Return to “Technical Help”