Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
SueB
Zoomer

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:53 am

Good Morning All! Delta 2 cams have been down for 5 minutes. NEED HELP!

ADD: The embedded cams seemed to have come up twice for a few seconds. Then I try to log onto the zoomer cams and go back the embedded screen and they are down again. This happened twice so far.

ADD#2: Neither cam is on the nest so we will have no YT tape showing what is happening. Had the E Cam on Ma and had just pulled the W Cam up to get a view of the male on the other side of the tree.

11:20 am - Cams continue to go up and down. I was able to get onto the E Zoomer cam and set it on the nest but am not able to do the same for the W cam.

11:47 am - Cams still continue to go up and down but I was able to get the W Cam back on the nest so there's no problem there, but we cannot zoom at all at this point and can only get reports basically off of Youtube because the embedded cams are only staying up for a minute or so before they go down again.

Jetsetterdavis

Post by Jetsetterdavis » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:38 am

June 6th Delta East is running slow. I was on the zoomer cams and they froze so put it back on nest!
"If you hang out with chickens, you are going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you are going to fly! " Dr Steve Maraboli

Darlene
Admin

Post by Darlene » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:08 pm

7:00 pm Delta2 cams just went down and can't get anything back.
Darlene, Langley, member since May 10 2006

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:43 pm

9:42pm........To add to Darlene's post................All cams went down at about 9pm (not 7pm) tonight.........Embedded cams are still off.................managed to get both zoomers back for a second to move cams back to the nest.........but they are not staying on. Every cam is off.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

Good Morning All! Delta 2 cams all went down around 9 minutes ago and have not come back yet. I was on the zoomer cams for 1 1/2 hours and they started stuttering during the last 15 minutes or so, and then went down. Both cams are on the nest.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:56 am

9:55am............Cams are continually going off and on at Delta.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:24 am

SATURDAY, JUNE 9 , 2018

Good Morning !

Re Harrison Mills S Cam..

It has a spinning circle and is showing the time at 8:11 am ... I tried refreshing it and that didn't help..... maybe a re boot would ..
screenshot_53.jpg

It is actually 8:20am nest time ..... I just finished zooming on the S Cam and that is working well..I

I have to go out BBL

Thank You,
Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:13 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:24 am
SATURDAY, JUNE 9 , 2018

Good Morning !

It has a spinning circle and is showing the time at 8:11 am ... I tried refreshing it and that didn't help..... maybe a re boot would ..
screenshot_53.jpg

It is actually 8:20am nest time ..... I just finished zooming on the S Cam and that is working well..I

I have to go out BBL

Thank You,
Bev
Thanks for posting, Bev, and ...

Done!

I'll be away much of the day today - may be able to check for other issues when I get home, or else in the morning.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:37 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:13 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:24 am
SATURDAY, JUNE 9 , 2018

Good Morning !

screenshot_53.jpg

I have to go out BBL

Thank You,
Bev
Thanks for posting, Bev, and ...

Done!

I'll be away much of the day today - may be able to check for other issues when I get home, or else in the morning.
Thanks Judy S Cam is streaming well ... hope you are having a good day.. :huggie:

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 pm

9:00pm.........We have had quite a bit of trouble with all the cams today at Delta2. First the zoomers freeze, then go black. Then the embedded ones get a spinning circle and go offline. Usually takes reloading to get the zoomer cams back once everything comes back on again. Cam controls are not responding right away.............delayed........jerking and sputtering...........sound intermittent as well..............sure seems like issues with the signals being interrupted or something. Tonight was very bad.

(Member since 9/10/11)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:11 am

SUNDAY , JUNE 10 , 2O18

Good Morning !

Re Harrison Mills S Embedded Cam

It has a spinning circle and last recorded time was 00:03 am ..
screenshot_11.jpg

I checked the S Direct Access cam and that is streaming fine with the correct time

Thank You ,
Bev

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:49 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:11 am
SUNDAY , JUNE 10 , 2O18

Good Morning !

I checked the S Direct Access cam and that is streaming fine with the correct time

Thank You ,
Bev
Thanks, Bev - rebooted and now seems to be streaming correctly.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:49 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:11 am
SUNDAY , JUNE 10 , 2O18

Good Morning !

Thank You ,
Bev
Thanks, Bev - rebooted and now seems to be streaming correctly.
Thanks so much Judy :huggie:

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Good Afternoon All! I'm not sure where to post this one, but have a question regarding the YouTube recordings for Delta. From what I have noticed we get a recording after the cams go down, and that recording shows all the time back to the last time the cams went down. We don't seem to have recordings unless and until there is an outage. So, this morning, we had a lot of activity but the cams stayed up most of the morning :thumlft: . Once the cams went down, the recording ended up being extremely long. I happened to see the recordings for both cams and was able to share the link to them on the Delta thread. But by the time that Jean went to view them they were removed from YT because they were too long. So what happens now? Do those tapes get split up into smaller versions? Or do we lose all that completely? I just checked a few minutes ago and don't see anything for this morning. I think the cams went down around 11:40 am nest time.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:21 pm

SueB wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 pm
Good Afternoon All! I'm not sure where to post this one, but have a question regarding the YouTube recordings for Delta. From what I have noticed we get a recording after the cams go down, and that recording shows all the time back to the last time the cams went down. We don't seem to have recordings unless and until there is an outage. So, this morning, we had a lot of activity but the cams stayed up most of the morning :thumlft: . Once the cams went down, the recording ended up being extremely long. I happened to see the recordings for both cams and was able to share the link to them on the Delta thread. But by the time that Jean went to view them they were removed from YT because they were too long. So what happens now? Do those tapes get split up into smaller versions? Or do we lose all that completely? I just checked a few minutes ago and don't see anything for this morning. I think the cams went down around 11:40 am nest time.
Really good question, Sue, and I have no idea of the answer. Were the videos longer than the 4 hours the cams have on rollback/dvr on a good day? I've seen cams on other sites that seem to reset the rollback every hour and also have one-hour videos - and I'm guessing there's a correlation there. But I haven't seen an option for that with YouTube, though I haven't specifically searched for ways to automatically produce videos (and was quite surprised when I originally found videos on the site that we didn't post). I'm pretty sure that we could set the dvr/rollback so the amount of time one can look back is shorter - but don't know if that would affect how YouTube's videos work.

I'll try to do some research on that tomorrow, unless someone out there knows a bit more than I do about how YouTube works (which wouldn't take much - I'm trying to learn more about all our new software and processes, but there's a lot to learn).

Return to “Technical Help”