Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:26 pm

HI Judy and Heather
From the NPTZ Cam At 8:16pm
screenshot_03.png

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:26 am

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 27 , 2022

Good Early Morning JUdy , H Mills want to Black Screen shorty after 8:01pm and now I can;'t connect to the NPZ Cam .
Thanl You , Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:29 am

Hi Heather and Bev -

It's now 12:18 am, I cannot connect with the cam using the zoomer link, and it looks as if there's a power outage at Harrison Mills:
20221126_020.jpg

The map says it's in Pacific time, but I'm not sure if it is, since it says it was last updated at 3:08 am and it's only 12:23 am pacific time now, but is 3:23 am my local time in Maine; some websites are set up to show the time using the time zone settings of the viewer, and this may be one of them - and since most people checking power outages in BC would be in BC, it would be pacific time for them.

Since they are hoping to have the power restored by 3:45 am, I'll stay up for a few minutes and check again after that. Even if the power is restored, it's possible there's an issue onsite, but it's worth a try.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:41 am

12:27 am
Looking at the power outage map, it looks as if power has been restored to the Sandpiper resort - but I'm still not able to reach the cam. And there are several new power outages showing - there's a lot of wind in BC tonight.
20221126_021.jpg

I'm heading back to bed - will check again in the morning.

Stay safe, everyone.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:14 am

6:10 am
I still cannot log into the cam at Harrison Mills. There's still a power outage in the area - but it's on the other side of the river from the golf course, so I wouldn't think it would affect the cam (though I don't know that for sure).
20221127_001.jpg

I'll continue to try the zoomer link from time to time - and if anyone else finds the cam up, please let me know so I can restart the stream to YouTube. Thanks!

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:51 am

11:50 am from Surrey Reserve, checking in to see the embedded cams are offline.11:52 am checked the zoomer cams quickly and they were fine.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:58 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:51 am
11:50 am from Surrey Reserve, checking in to see the embedded cams are offline.11:52 am checked the zoomer cams quickly and they were fine.
Thanks, Sandy - Surrey, Delta and White Rock all went down, so possibly an issue at Ken's place. I've sent him an email.

I still cannot connect with the Harrison Mills cam - no contact there, so we'll hope it comes back up soon.

Update, 12:28 pm
Ken will be restarting his server, which should get everything except Harrison Mills streaming again.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:39 pm

1:35 pm
I just heard from Ken - Delta and Surrey embedded cams are streaming. Ken is doing updates on his server and switching to a newer version of the streaming software, so each stream takes longer than usual to set up. He'll be starting to set up the White Rock cams shortly.

Not surprisingly, I still can't connect with Harrison North - with luck someone on site will take a look on Monday.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:06 pm

3:00 pm

The White Rock embedded cams are streaming now.

Delta West embedded has stopped streaming, although the cam itself is fine; I've sent a message to Ken.

I can't decide if some of the cams don't have sound. I'm not hearing much of anything at Surrey, but it's not windy, and sometimes there's not much going on in the neighborhood to provide background sound. I know from streaming the Harrison Mills cam that sometimes when you restart the stream, you need to restart it twice before the sound is sent to YouTube - one of those little quirks.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:15 pm

7:14pm..........The South embedded cam at SR is frozen at 5:22pm. Has not changed since then. North cam is ok.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:34 pm

Jean wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:15 pm
7:14pm..........The South embedded cam at SR is frozen at 5:22pm. Has not changed since then. North cam is ok.
Thanks! Message sent to Ken.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:52 pm

For the record, Ken restarted the stream for Surrey South, and all has been well with that cam.

Both embedded cams at Delta are pixelating a lot, even though there's not much wind today. I spoke with Ken, and he said it was likely a connection issue. He'll try to get out there and look at those things he can check from the ground, but he's busy tomorrow and there's supposed to be snow the next few days, so I'm not sure when he might be able to get over there to check it out.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:39 pm

2:37 pm
All the embedded cams went down a few minutes ago. I checked with Ken, and he's having internet problems. He's working on it, and hopefully they will start coming back up before too long.

(Harrison Mills is still offline - a different issue, and as we've seen in the past, if we're lucky it will be back eventually.)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:07 pm

3:03 pm
Embedded cams are back up (except Harrison Mills).

The signals from the Delta cams are still breaking up badly, and will probably require a site visit. Please keep fingers crossed that the issue is something that can be fixed from the ground, and not something that came loose at the nest with all the wind we've been having.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:23 pm

5:14 pm
Ken did some tweaking with cam settings and internet settings and the settings on the software he uses to send the feed from the cams to YouTube, and everything is working better, though Delta 2 East is still having some issues. Happily it's no longer flashing to psychedelic colors, but it also seems to be lagging behind then skipping when it catches up. It may be a day or two before he can get back to it - but I am very confident that he'll figure out how to get it working properly.

Return to “Technical Help”