Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
jkr
Admin

Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by jkr » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:07 pm

The purpose of this topic is to make an announcement or make a report when one of our cams (Delta 2, Harrison Mills, Lafarge or White Rock) has gone down, when the cam has gone up again, and if you get a Forum error.

Procedure if one of our cams is down.
First, please add a post at the end of this thread, saying which cam (or cams) are down, and what time they went down (or you found them down).

If the cam that is down has a second camera on site please check to see if the second cam is working. If only one of them is down, we can rule out a power outage at the site.

Please note that Ken is not always available between 10 pm and 7 am pacific time - so if you post at 4 am, you may not get a reply until near 7 a.m. or later.

If it's between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. and you don't see a post in 5-10 minutes from someone saying they're contacting Ken, and any of the folks who have volunteered to call Ken are online - please send one of them a PM to let them know there's a problem. Some of us may be available, but might not think to check the Cams Down thread.

People Who Have Offered to Contact Ken
The following people have agreed to contact Ken when available.
JudyB
jkr

If a cam is down and you see one of us online, please send a PM so we'll know to check the "Cams Down" thread - keeping in mind that we may not actually be able to do anything even if we are online.

Procedure for Calling Ken

1) If you're not in BC, check to make sure it's between 7 am and 10 pm at the BC coast. (BC has two time zones)

2) check to make sure the cam in question is still down and if one or two cameras on one nest is down.

3) if you have time, check all the other cams; if an unrelated cam is down, that saves a later phone call and Ken can reboot them both at once.

4) post here that you're calling Ken; refresh your browser after you post to make sure no one else posted just before you

5) call Ken (details will be provided)

6) post the result of your call so folks either know all is now well - or when Ken might be able to look into the problem

To Check for Power Outages in the BC Area
http://www.bchydro.com/outages/orsMapView.jsp
http://www.bchydro.com/outages/orsTableView.jsp

Why Some people Can See the Cams When They Appear to be Down for Others
We have a zoom team who have been given links that let them access the cams directly and control what we see. They are able to see the cam to control it and what they see is the stream before it goes to distribution.
Judy (jkr) - member since 2006
Need Help ? Check our HELPFUL HINTS

JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue May 15, 2018 8:40 am

Thanks, Bev!

I just spoke with Ken and he'd like us to stop zooming since it may be part of the reason the embedded cams are going down.

I'd also like people to continue posting whenever the cams go down and when they come back up (or when you discover they're down or back) - I'm curious if the pattern will be the same without us being in the cams. I'm thinking we may want a separate temporary thread for those reports, though I'm not sure where it should be - thoughts? Thanks!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue May 15, 2018 9:01 am

9:00 am
Both Harrison Mills cams went down and came back a couple of times, and are now showing Live Stream offline.

9:04 am
South cam is back up but doing a lot of buffering (brief white spinning circle and no sound); North is still down.

9:20 am
South cam just went down.

9:22 am
South up for a second, then back down again.

I'm away from the computer for a while.

Darlene
Admin

Post by Darlene » Tue May 15, 2018 9:21 am

Good morning! Harrison Mills south cam has also gone down now. No one has been zooming.
Darlene, Langley, member since May 10 2006

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue May 15, 2018 10:53 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:40 am
Thanks, Bev!

I just spoke with Ken and he'd like us to stop zooming since it may be part of the reason the embedded cams are going down.

I'd also like people to continue posting whenever the cams go down and when they come back up (or when you discover they're down or back) - I'm curious if the pattern will be the same without us being in the cams. I'm thinking we may want a separate temporary thread for those reports, though I'm not sure where it should be - thoughts? Thanks!
Thanks Judy and Ken...... Judy I responded to this on the H Mills Zoomer Schedule .

viewtopic.php?p=52777#p52777

ADDED

12:30pm

Cams are still down.

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:46 am

Harrison Mills. Checked and it says" live streaming went down 20 minutes ago "
:grhug:

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Wed May 16, 2018 12:16 pm

12:15pm.........All cams at Delta2 are going on and off................I've zoomed twice today and they went down both times. This time after being on the cams for about 20 minutes, they have gone offline 3 or 4 times.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

Darlene
Admin

Post by Darlene » Wed May 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Harrison Mills went down again about 7:15 and are still down

8:11 am Thursday The cams are still down at Harrison Mills.

8:22 Yeah, cams are up at HM

Darlene
Admin

Post by Darlene » Thu May 17, 2018 9:09 am

9:05 Both cams at Harrison Mills just went down again (sigh)

No one was zooming. JudyB was in south cam at 8:15 for a few minutes just to see if it would come up.

9:25 Cams back up at Harrison Mills but the south cam keeps getting a spinning circle.

9:32 Cams down again. I give up!

Thursday evening Cams were up and down a few times tonight and they just went down again at 9:13.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri May 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Friday, May 18, 2018

Re H Mills

Good Afternoon Judy and Ken..

12:04pm. The Embedded and Direct Access cams have been down at H Mills for over 4 hours ..

Thank you

Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Fri May 18, 2018 9:11 pm

9:10pm.............The embedded cams have had a lot of spinning circles for the past while..............I am noticing that the embedded cams were running 2 minutes behind the zoomer cams, but that has now increased to 5 minutes behind.
1.JPG
2.JPG
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat May 19, 2018 4:57 am

Good morning, Jean....

4:56 am
Just checked and both cams are live and show the correct time - maybe Ken rebooted them late last night.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sun May 20, 2018 1:19 pm

1:18pm .................At least twice today we have lost ALL cams at Delta2. This last time they were only gone for 2 minutes...........don't know how long the first time lasted.

(Member since 9/10/11)

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Mon May 21, 2018 2:22 pm

2:21pm...........Was on zoomer cams for less than 1 hour and all cams went down 3 times. The first two times they stayed off for only a few seconds, but the last time was a couple of minutes. And when they came back on the E embedded cam, when on YT............was showing video from days ago. But on the regular screen it was fine.

2:23pm...........I see the cams just flicked off again but seem to be coming back on now.

(Member since 9/10/11)

Darlene
Admin

Post by Darlene » Mon May 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Cams are down at Harrison Mills and I can't get into the zooming cams either.

Return to “Technical Help”