Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:34 pm

Friday, January 14, 2021

Server Update This Evening

Please close out of the forum by 5:30 pm Pacific time

Hi everyone! We will be taking the forum offline this evening around 5:30 pm Pacific time so all our posts, photos and other data can be moved to the new larger, faster server.

We are hoping this will be quick process - and if something does come up that is going to make it longer than a couple of hours, we'll try to post updates on the WildlifeCamWatch forum - http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewtop ... 1609#p1609 (you may want to bookmark the link).

Keeping fingers crossed that all goes well, and we'll be back soon with a faster and more stable forum!

Thank You!

RoseA
Topic Assistant

Post by RoseA » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:30 pm

Note: the W cam on the Delta nest has been frozen since 4pm... didn't have a chance to report before now.
“The eyesight for an eagle is what thought is to a man.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, The Creator

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:38 pm

RoseA wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:30 pm
Note: the W cam on the Delta nest has been frozen since 4pm... didn't have a chance to report before now.
Thanks, Roseann - I'll send a note.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:16 am

Good early morning!

The forum is back, and I think all the cams are streaming except French Creek. The tech person from Shaw Cable who's been working on that was out there Friday and couldn't get the cam working. Ken will be talking with David Hancock to see if there are other things we can try.

amyklai
Zoomer

Post by amyklai » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:44 am

11.43a All cams at WR are offline
Attachments
Screenshot_19.jpg

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:58 pm

Amyklai wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:44 am
11.43a All cams at WR are offline
Thanks, Amy - I think Ken restarted them because the CU and WA are streaming now. The North cam is frozen at about 12:30, so I sent him a message about that.

Everything else is looking good.

Linuxgw2

Post by Linuxgw2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:13 pm

good evening,

? Since the reboot of the server yesterday, When I bring up the delta2 cams, surrey cams, whiterock cams. pretty much all the Hancock cams I am gett ing the message THIS LIVE EVENT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE on all the cams..

I even tried to pull up the cams on another laptop I use thinking it may be my main laptop and I get the same message on my other laptop as well.

Is this a problem on my end with my laptop or is their an issue now with the live streaming? I can access the cams on my iphone but not on my laptop now and this happened after the update yesterday with the forum servers.

PLEASE HELP!! I am so dedicated to watching or delta2 , surrey and whiterock cams every season, Major withdrawls here!!!

Thank you,

Linuxgw2

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:26 pm

Linuxgw2 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:13 pm
good evening,

? Since the reboot of the server yesterday, When I bring up the delta2 cams, surrey cams, whiterock cams. pretty much all the Hancock cams I am gett ing the message THIS LIVE EVENT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE on all the cams..

I even tried to pull up the cams on another laptop I use thinking it may be my main laptop and I get the same message on my other laptop as well.

Is this a problem on my end with my laptop or is their an issue now with the live streaming? I can access the cams on my iphone but not on my laptop now and this happened after the update yesterday with the forum servers.

PLEASE HELP!! I am so dedicated to watching or delta2 , surrey and whiterock cams every season, Major withdrawls here!!!

Thank you,

Linuxgw2
:chin: Do you generally watch them on our Live Cams pages or on YouTube? I'm not sure that it matters, but I'm trying to think of what might have changed. I do know that sometime I get that message, and I find doing a "hard refresh/reload" sometimes helps - that's just holding down the Shift key while you refresh or reload the page where you view the cams. If you're not sure how to do that, please let me know which browser you use and I can provide a bit more info.

Linuxgw2

Post by Linuxgw2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:49 pm

Hello Judyb.

I have generally watch the cams on the Live Cams page..never an issue . Since the update I cannot access the cams.

I did try to shift key and refresh the page but did not work. I am not too computer savvy but i try. I am using Google Chrome for my web browser.

Linuxgw2

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:50 pm

WHITE ROCK
NORTH- LIVE STREAM STILL FROZEN
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 pm

DDuckies2 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:50 pm
WHITE ROCK
NORTH- LIVE STREAM STILL FROZEN
Thanks, DDuckies! I sent a message to Ken at 12:56 pm. He usually replies fairly quickly; since he hasn't gotten back to me, I suspect he's not near his computer. I know he has quite a bit going on this week, so it may be a while before he's able to restart the feed.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Linuxgw2 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:49 pm
Hello Judyb.

I have generally watch the cams on the Live Cams page..never an issue . Since the update I cannot access the cams.

I did try to shift key and refresh the page but did not work. I am not too computer savvy but i try. I am using Google Chrome for my web browser.

Linuxgw2
Thanks, Linuxgw2 - I don't know how the change to the forum would interfere with viewing the cams. I have no doubt that something did - but I'm not sure what. What happens if you try this direct link, rather than your bookmark or however you usually access the cams - https://hancockwildlife.org/delta-2-cams/.

Linuxgw2

Post by Linuxgw2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:19 pm

JudyB

The same message comes up on both cam when I click on the link you posted, I had tried that link before when you posted it on the forum before the server updated and bookmarked it.

Im not sure other viewers are having the same issues as I since no chat on site to ask. I had posted my ? on the cam issue on our forum at Delta 2 and Sandy responded she does not have issues on her computer or phone and gave me this page for tech error to post any issues I am having.

I do get the cams on my Iphone, but I do not get them on another laptop I have as well they do not stream , same error message.

Mmmmmm, what could it be.. Thankyou so much JudyB for giving me options to try. I will keep trying to figure it out and if you have any other tech ideas I can try I would appreciate the info.

Thank you

Linuxgw2

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:33 pm

Hi Judy, Linux's message reminded me of a post on FB under the most recent puzzle that someone could not get to the cams. This is their message from yesterday: When I click on the link above for the cameras the cameras don't work. The link they are referring to is the link to the main page with all of the nest links. I responded the cams were working and to check again. I wonder if something is indeed happening in the background. Anyway, just thought I would mention it since another person mentioned it.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:55 pm

Linuxgw2 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:19 pm
JudyB

The same message comes up on both cam when I click on the link you posted, I had tried that link before when you posted it on the forum before the server updated and bookmarked it.

Im not sure other viewers are having the same issues as I since no chat on site to ask. I had posted my ? on the cam issue on our forum at Delta 2 and Sandy responded she does not have issues on her computer or phone and gave me this page for tech error to post any issues I am having.

I do get the cams on my Iphone, but I do not get them on another laptop I have as well they do not stream , same error message.

Mmmmmm, what could it be.. Thankyou so much JudyB for giving me options to try. I will keep trying to figure it out and if you have any other tech ideas I can try I would appreciate the info.

Thank you

Linuxgw2
I have not heard from anyone else who is having trouble - but we don't have a lot of people watching this time of year.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you to try a couple of things to see if they work.

First, if you haven't already done so, please shut down your computer and wait a minute or so to make sure everything has stopped working, the start it up again - that does help a lot of electronic devices (we actually got a burner working again on our electric stove by unplugging it for a few minutes - weird!)

If that doesn't work, please try this link which should let you watch Delta 2 East on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky0o3SCKsyY - if that works, there may be some setting on the new server that's not compatible with your version of Chrome.

If that doesn't work, please try this link, which is a backup for the Surrey Reserve South cam on my personal website - http://www.judyb-eagles.com/eagles/cams ... backup.htm Again, the idea is to rule out server issues.

Next - here is a link to a cam sponsored by another organization, in case there is something going on with our cams - it's the wide angle cam for Big Bear in California - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx0nese3zL8

At the risk of getting a little technical, the way links work is that there's a central place like a giant phone book that tells the computer where to find "hancockwildlife.org" - and I know the "phone number" for the forum changed with the upgrade, so it's possible the "number" for the cams also changed and your internet provider has a delay getting the number. I don't think that's likely, because you can access the forum - but if that's a factor, it should update again within 24 hours.

Sandy just posted that she'd heard from someone on YouTube who was having issues yesterday, so it's not just you - but I still have no idea what to try beyond the things I've just suggested.

Thanks for your help trouble-shooting this - once we get it figured out, it will be much quicker to help anyone else having similar issues.

Return to “Technical Help”