The Wildlife Corner

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

NestFriend

Re: EAGLE Chatters Nest

Post by NestFriend » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:12 am

So very sad about Stevie. RIP sweet baby and fly high and free with all others that have crossed the bridge too soon.

Thanks Pascale, I will ask if I have problems with posting my avatar later on. I know everyone here are always ready to help. :rh:

Rainna, thanks for posting the links for the new forums in the old one—I would have had a hard time find it for sure. And by the way, I will take your advise...I will have an ice cream or maybe a frozen yogurt after I finish my housework. :)
Mimi

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:50 am

Good Saturday morning, friends

Phil, good news about DH4. So sad to hear about Stevie, who I know you and many others loved. I know he is soaring high above, strong and free, with all the others that have gone before.

Rainna, that was a beautiful expression about Stevie. I love your E9 avatar! My photo is one I took of a nearby eagle.

Nestfriend, so good to see you hear. Take good care!

Hi, Pascale. I'm surprised the First Lady hasn't produced an egg yet. Last year it was February 19 and 23, so she is quite late. I am wondering if all of the juvie visitors they have had lately have kind of thrown her schedule off.

Decorah North nest, only 1 egg that was laid February 25. They are thinking that will be it for this year. The last 2 years, she has laid 3 eggs, so this is kind of unusual.
Laniebelle
Remembering Dad Decorah, the greatest eagle Dad ever
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:29 am

I loved this poem; brought tears to my eyes. I hope you all do, too.

Two Little Eaglets

By Jim Weller (June 16, 2011)

Two little eaglets

Way up in the tree.

Two little eaglets,

Looking down at me.

You sit there in your aerie

Staring at the sky,

And every time you flap your wings

My heart lets out a sigh.

Silly little eaglets

Hovering o’er the nest,

Do you even know that you can fly?

Your wings will stand the test.

Do you even care that I’m waiting here

To see you soaring high?

I’m tethered to the earth below

But you, you own the sky!

If I were an eaglet

And could do what you can do,

Without a moment’s hesitation

I would launch into the blue.

But wait! One’s perched upon the edge!

It leans into the breeze!

It spreads its wings! Then hops back down.

You’re such a little tease.

I know that you are old enough

Your wings are sure and strong,

Dancing high across the sky

Is where eagles belong.

You’re made for inspiration.

You can make the mute heart sing

Rejoicing in your majesty

Borne on outstretched wing.

“Why don’t you fly?” I ask out loud.

“When will you learn to soar?

I know that you are ready!

What are you waiting for?”

Then deep within my spirit,

The eaglets speak somehow.

They say, “We’ll take that leap of faith

When we hear God whisper, ‘Now!’ “
Laniebelle
Remembering Dad Decorah, the greatest eagle Dad ever
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

NestFriend

Post by NestFriend » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Laniebelle, that is an awesome poem, thank you for sharing it. I made a copy of it so I could read it again and again. :roll:
Last edited by NestFriend on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mimi

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

rainna4

Post by rainna4 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Laniebelle, I totally agree with NestFriend,! That is a beautiful poem and so touching!
Thank you for sharing it with us.

I am in awe of your avatar your so very lucky to have the beauty of local eagles!

I just wanted to mention a little correction, my avatar is of E8, not E9. All 3 of them at one point have had that same pose looking into the camera. E7, E8, and E9. I'm looking forward to see if both E10 & E11 add to the "Close-up pose" photo album. :luck:

Rainna

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Hey thay was some windstorm/storm in Washington DC. It toppled a famous 200 year old tree there in dupont circle and Andrew Jackson once owned that land. A very historic tree. Many tree problems in the DC area but I see the DC eagles picked their tree well as it remains standing and intact. Don't worry first lady your tree is ok. Those horrible northeasters that move up the coast. I think they got wind up to 70 mph. Eagles seem to pick strong trees. Now you can lay your egg first lady.

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:25 am

:bye 1: eagleslanding welcomed ! I hope the bad weather will resume soon... several nests suffer from it :(

Looks like the harpy eaglet elpis fledged ! Look at the end of this video summarizing the growth of this amazing little one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2R1SJ56pS8&sns=em
All scaps are courtesy of
http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
or by photographers / videographers credited in my message
In love with Harriett and M Family !

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:21 am

I was watching DC Cam hoping to see an egg, or TFL working on the nest.

What I saw is sure not an egg !!! :angry: :tt: :banghead:
Yes I am that angry ! It's a darn plastic bag.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2018-03-04 à 15.16.45.jpg

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:33 am

Raina how is your vitamin d. My sister in laws level was 0 (zero). She never paid attention to it.

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:55 am

Rainna u should take your vit. d with the heaviest meal of the day. It is fat soluble. The level in 2018 should be over 50 in todays world.

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:11 am

eagleslanding wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:55 am
Rainna u should take your vit. d with the heaviest meal of the day. It is fat soluble. The level in 2018 should be over 50 in todays world.
I agree, I had a zero level of vit D (and I must avoid sun) so I now take vit D and it's really getting better. Rainna, you should try after having blood test of course

rainna4

Post by rainna4 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:03 am

Thank you Eagleslanding & Pascale ! :huggie:
I have no idea what my vit. D level is, but see doc soon and will have it tested and check for interactions with other meds. Thank you again, I will try it soon and hopefully it will subside this flare-up. I have been so pleased with my hubby stepping up with his help.

Thank you so much !

Rainna

Eagleslanding: My daughter lives in North Carolina and told me this past week that they had winds like she has never seen before. This sure has been a wacky weather year so far and so happy to hear the DC nest stood strong!
We are expecting 4 to 7 inch's of snow starting tomorrow afternoon till Tuesday morning. I'm hoping my cousin will help my aunt with snow removal as I can not help right now. My uncle who also helps her is in the hospital, we came way to close to losing him. My grandparents raised me 70%, so my Aunts and Uncle's are siblings to me.

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:05 am

Rainna and Pascale. Your body is incapable of making vit. d. That is why a certain amount of sunshine per day even 15 minutes is important. If low levels as in my sister in law the doctor gave her 2 injections of 50000 i.u. on the spot and she was still low. She now takes 2000 i.u. of the vit per day. She orders her vits. Google it. Vit d is natural to our body.

MaryGrit

Post by MaryGrit » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi Everyone! It's been a long time since I posted anything but I've checked in now and then to get the latest on the nests.

I like this new forum sight. Thank you, Mary, for setting it up for us. I'm hoping to see some of our original posters here soon!

Phillipe, thank you for posting pictures and information about other nests. Some are sad and others are just joyful.

The new Smilies have a Panda now. Don't remember seeing that one before. Still no squirrel. :cry1: Guess the :raccoon: will have to double as a squirrel!

Hoping you all have a good week!

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:44 pm

Dare i say rainna dr. mercola is good to google in association with ra and vit d although he doesn't see pts now. Also get a crp level for inflammation when you see your dr.

The swfl eagle nests getting quite interesting now. I suppose one of the early morning watchers or night team will announce they all have branched and will post some great branching scaps this week.

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”