Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:15 pm

amyklai wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:04 am
11.04a Please reboot the WR cams
I just heard from Ken - cams have been rebooted.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:34 pm

8:31pm...........Had a terrible time with the cam controls tonight at Delta2. Pushing buttons but no response........then cams would suddenly react and wouldn't stop until completely zoomed in or overshooting the target. Both the E and W zoomer cams went black one time each, not at the same time. Both came back a moment later. Spinning circles on the embedded cams. The freezing and sticking on the zoomer cams is making for very tough zooming.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:53 pm

1:52pm......Still continuing to have great difficulty with the Delta2 zoomer cams. Cams won't move, delayed response, overshooting. Cams freezing and sticking, lots of sputtering on the sound. Lots of spinning circles on the rollback. I don't know if the other zoomers are having this issue to.............but I sure am, maybe its me. :dunno:

At times the cams seem to be working then suddenly we go into a few minutes of problems.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:41 pm

Jean wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:53 pm
1:52pm......Still continuing to have great difficulty with the Delta2 zoomer cams. Cams won't move, delayed response, overshooting. Cams freezing and sticking, lots of sputtering on the sound. Lots of spinning circles on the rollback. I don't know if the other zoomers are having this issue to.............but I sure am, maybe its me. :dunno:

At times the cams seem to be working then suddenly we go into a few minutes of problems.
I just posted in the Delta Zoomer work area - cam controls are working fine for me right now, but both Delta embedded cams are frozen. I've sent a text to Ken.

French Creek embedded has been frozen since morning - I think we're too busy with chicks, hatches and potential eggs to focus on watching eagles gather to fish.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:35 pm

3:34 pm
All cams are streaming - thanks, Ken!

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:14 pm

4:12 pm from the west embedded cam at Delta, the cam was pixelating. Not always but some. I didn't notice it on the east embedded cam.
2021-04-06_17-52-16.jpg
2021-04-06_17-52-25.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:20 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:14 pm
4:12 pm from the west embedded cam at Delta, the cam was pixelating. Not always but some. I didn't notice it on the east embedded cam.2021-04-06_17-52-16.jpg2021-04-06_17-52-25.jpg
Thanks, Sandy - I'll let Ken know. It often seems that happens when the internet at the site isn't fast enough or doesn't have enough bandwidth to handle everything that's happening. They do have a high speed connection there that should handle full high resolution plus zooming - but if you were zooming while someone at the house was downloading a movie or doing a Skype or Zoom call, maybe it would be briefly overloaded.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:54 am

WHITE ROCK
All 3 cams not live streaming. :bye 1:
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:18 am

DDuckies2 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:54 am
WHITE ROCK
All 3 cams not live streaming. :bye 1:
10:17 am
Thanks, DDuckies! It looks as if Ken noticed before I saw this - all three are streaming again now.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am

11:10am........I know it could be my problem here, but I don't really think it is. Just on the zoomer cams at Delta2. So much trouble again and it seems to come and go. Freezing, sticking, overshooting the target as one presses the buttons again when the cam doesn't move. There have been spinning circles on the embedded cams. And the rollback has so may spinning circles on it we cannot find anything so cannot use it. I am not the only zoomer whose had issues lately here.

I don't understand why it was fine yesterday, mostly......today is horrid again. And up until a few weeks ago it was fine. Too frustrating. Sorry, just had to vent.

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:37 pm

Jean wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am
11:10am........I know it could be my problem here, but I don't really think it is. Just on the zoomer cams at Delta2. So much trouble again and it seems to come and go. Freezing, sticking, overshooting the target as one presses the buttons again when the cam doesn't move. There have been spinning circles on the embedded cams. And the rollback has so may spinning circles on it we cannot find anything so cannot use it. I am not the only zoomer whose had issues lately here.

I don't understand why it was fine yesterday, mostly......today is horrid again. And up until a few weeks ago it was fine. Too frustrating. Sorry, just had to vent.
My guess, Jean, is that there is something at the site that is affecting the internet. It may be weather related - or something they're doing in the area is affecting the signal or - who knows. We have had weather-related issues, but Ken spent quite a bit of time making things waterproof out there, so that shouldn't be it. I just tried to log in when there was a switch, and couldn't get the cam up in time to see the eggs.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:43 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:37 pm
Jean wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am

My guess, Jean, is that there is something at the site that is affecting the internet. It may be weather related - or something they're doing in the area is affecting the signal or - who knows. We have had weather-related issues, but Ken spent quite a bit of time making things waterproof out there, so that shouldn't be it. I just tried to log in when there was a switch, and couldn't get the cam up in time to see the eggs.
Thanks Judy.......today was generally better but had a couple of small blips. It just doesn't make sense to me that things would suddenly change on my end here as nothing has happened to make that occur. There is however a lot of construction and tearing down going on in Delta right now and that could affect things although it hadn't occurred to me until you said that. We've even had someone take down the distant evergreen trees where our eagles often used to perch. Not good what is happening in this area at all, so I'm told.

By the way.......looks like we do have a pip.

(Member since 9/10/11)

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:50 am

6:42 am at Delta. Lost the east embedded cam as if frozen.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:20 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:50 am
6:42 am at Delta. Lost the east embedded cam as if frozen.
Thanks, Sandy - sent message to Ken.

Added - 7:23 am - cam is back. :)

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:58 am

WHITE ROCK. Both North and WA live streaming is constantly freezing up from 1 to 5 seconds .
CU is good.
:grhug:

Return to “Technical Help”