Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:51 am

Surrey North is also back - dvr goes back 12 hours to 5:49 pm; the feed is choppy and pixelated - but it's up.

None of the other embedded cams are currently streaming.

I'll check with Ken later this morning, and we'll see what we can do.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:04 am

JudyB wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:51 am
Surrey North is also back - dvr goes back 12 hours to 5:49 pm; the feed is choppy and pixelated - but it's up.

None of the other embedded cams are currently streaming.

I'll check with Ken later this morning, and we'll see what we can do.

Good Morning Judy and thank you :hug:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:20 am

9:14 am
I won't bore you with details, but Ken's tried lots of things, and so far nothing is working that wasn't working earlier.

He has some more things to try, and I'm going to try to research the Wowza software after lunch and my morning walk (which sort of moved to afternoon today, but maybe it will be a bit warmer now).

The Delta cams are still streaming - and the major difference we can think of is that they are on fiber optic - so it may be that YouTube is making it harder to stream unless you have a high speed connection. I believe Russ is trying to get a fiber optic line to White Rock, and Ken has been in touch with the folks at Surrey Reserve about upgrading the service. And I don't know what the options are at Harrison Mills - it's a more remote location, but has some upscale businesses there, so we'll see.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:11 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:20 am
9:14 am
I won't bore you with details, but Ken's tried lots of things, and so far nothing is working that wasn't working earlier.

He has some more things to try, and I'm going to try to research the Wowza software after lunch and my morning walk (which sort of moved to afternoon today, but maybe it will be a bit warmer now).

The Delta cams are still streaming - and the major difference we can think of is that they are on fiber optic - so it may be that YouTube is making it harder to stream unless you have a high speed connection. I believe Russ is trying to get a fiber optic line to White Rock, and Ken has been in touch with the folks at Surrey Reserve about upgrading the service. And I don't know what the options are at Harrison Mills - it's a more remote location, but has some upscale businesses there, so we'll see.

Thank you Judy and Ken for all you are doing .. good luck with all of this ... :luck: :grhug:

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:57 pm

1:54 pm at Delta 2, the west and east embedded cams went offline and reverted to 8:43 am 9/21/20. The zoomer cams were functioning though as was just logging off from being on.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:41 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:57 pm
1:54 pm at Delta 2, the west and east embedded cams went offline and reverted to 8:43 am 9/21/20. The zoomer cams were functioning though as was just logging off from being on.
My husband took a message from Ken while I was out for a walk - Ken is rebuilding his server to see if that will fix the problems we're having with the other embedded cams. Ken is very good at what he does, and I know he does not like being stymied - but so far we haven't been having much luck and have no clue why.

Stay tuned, and please keep your fingers crossed.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:50 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:41 pm

My husband took a message from Ken while I was out for a walk - Ken is rebuilding his server to see if that will fix the problems we're having with the other embedded cams. Ken is very good at what he does, and I know he does not like being stymied - but so far we haven't been having much luck and have no clue why.

Stay tuned, and please keep your fingers crossed.
Thank You Judy... I am praying and :luck: for Ken

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:16 pm

Ken has the Delta 2 cams back up; the rest are still not communicating correctly. He's going to take a well deserved break, and continue working on this in the morning.

Good night, everyone. Stay safe. :hug:

Note to zoomers - it's OK to go in and look around and take pictures from the cams using the direct access/zoomer links, but please don't reboot the cams and please leave them in a safe spot when you're done. I had some issues with Surrey South (tried to go to a preset and got a black screen) - but I think that may be because Ken and I were both in at the same time, and that was a bigger strain than the bandwidth could handle; once Ken logged out, the cam behaved normally (after a couple of minutes delay).

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:37 pm

1:35pm.....Something not right about the embedded cams at Delta2. Red line to scroll at the bottom must be manually moved to the right.......then when you do, the streaming ends and videos come on instead. At first it looked like the cams were 15 minutes or more behind but it looks more serious than that. Now I see they are both offline.

No current streaming.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Jean wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:37 pm
1:35pm.....Something not right about the embedded cams at Delta2. Red line to scroll at the bottom must be manually moved to the right.......then when you do, the streaming ends and videos come on instead. At first it looked like the cams were 15 minutes or more behind but it looks more serious than that. Now I see they are both offline.

No current streaming.
Last time I talked to Ken, he'd managed to get the Delta embedded cams back up, but they didn't stay. He is very frustrated right about now, and off to do more research. At Ken's suggestion I reached out to Peter from WildEarth - and Peter said he hadn't been forced to the new software yet, and he was very happy not to be using it because everything he'd heard was pretty awful. Which was supportive of what we're seeing, but not useful. :dunno:

I have a few things I need to do first, but then plan to try to do some more research on the YouTube support site. We did find one thing that worked for a while - but then it stopped working. Very annoying.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:50 pm

3:38p

Re H Mills Nest

N Embedded Cam is streaming :thumlft:
screenshot_05.jpg
It is sputtering but it is steaming

It goes back to 11:50a

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:40 pm

4:37p,
Re H Mills Embedded Cams are down

Thank You Judy and Ken for all you are doing :hug:

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:57 am

5:57 am both embedded cams are down at Delta 2. I didn't check the zoomer cams though.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:20 pm

12:19pm........At Delta2..........embedded cams still down but I noticed this on the zoomer cams.............date and time on the upper left has changed to very small on the E cam. And the E cam viewing window takes up most of the box whereas the W cam window does not.
1.JPG
2.JPG
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:30 pm

I am posting this here for information purposes...

The Halifax Osprey and Dunrovin Osprey Cams are still streaming on You Tube ...

Return to “Technical Help”