Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:47 am

Reporting the N Embedded Cam at SR
5:45a
Has spinning circle and seems to be stuck there
screenshot_10.jpg
Thanks
Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:31 am

Me again
Re H Mills Embedded Cams
7:21am nest time ..... Both are down

Both PTZ Cams are streaming :thumlft:

Re SR 7:47a Nest Time
Both Embedded Cam are down

Thank You
Bev

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 am

I spoke to Ken this morning.

White Rock - the good news is that the issue with the new CU cam seems to be in the line from the base of the tree to the building with the computer equipment, so can be replaced without going in the tree. He doesn't know if he'll be able to get out there today, but will get it up and running as soon as possible.

The other embedded cams were all streaming at some point this morning, but only the Delta cams were streaming when I just checked. (I logged into the Surrey cams and the cams are fine, and I expect that's true of the other cams though I didn't check.) The problem seems to be a YouTube or Wowza or maybe website. I have some commitments today, but maybe this evening I'll be able to go through settings on one of the Delta cams and corresponding YouTube page and compare them with a Harrison Mills page to see if I can find anything that's different.

Please do not reboot anything while we're working on this - it "might" start the embedded cam briefly, but might instead make it harder for Ken to reach the cam with the Wowza software or require him to reset the stream key that connects that software to YouTube.

Thanks for your patience.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:05 pm

September 17
4 pm

I spoke to Ken briefly a little while ago, and he was at White Rock continuing to work on the connections there.

In terms of the ongoing issue with the embedded cams, I'm afraid only our Delta 2 cams are streaming consistently at this point - but I have been able to find a few things for Ken to try to resolve the issue (which we think is either a bug in the new version of the YouTube software - or perhaps a learning curve for a very different way of linking the stream from the cam with our YouTube page). Whichever it is, we are hoping to resolve it soon - and are very happy it's happening now, while there's not a lot happening at the nest.

Keeping fingers crossed. :luck:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:08 pm

JudyB wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:05 pm
September 17
4 pm

I spoke to Ken briefly a little while ago, and he was at White Rock continuing to work on the connections there.

In terms of the ongoing issue with the embedded cams, I'm afraid only our Delta 2 cams are streaming consistently at this point - but I have been able to find a few things for Ken to try to resolve the issue (which we think is either a bug in the new version of the YouTube software - or perhaps a learning curve for a very different way of linking the stream from the cam with our YouTube page). Whichever it is, we are hoping to resolve it soon - and are very happy it's happening now, while there's not a lot happening at the nest.

Keeping fingers crossed. :luck:

Thank you Judy and so am I :luck: :hug:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Saturday, Sept.19, 2020

I just checked and the Embedeed cams are streaming at SR

viewtopic.php?p=376556#p376556

ETA
S Cam is streaming at H Mills viewtopic.php?p=376558#p376558

Thank you Judy and Ken :grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Thanks for posting, Bev.

Surrey Reserve North is choppy and sputtering, but we're not going to worry about that yet - we'll see if anyone lands, and tomorrow is another day.

We don't know why Harrison North didn't come up when Harrison South did - we made the same fix to both streams. It's dinner time in BC and late in Maine; Ken may try again later this evening.

Next up will be the White Rock cams - but I'm not sure if that will happen today.

I think the only reason the Delta Cams are streaming is because they haven't lost power or been rebooted since YouTube changed their software - so we will probably have to make the same changes there that we're making for the other cams, but for now are not messing with success.

Good night, everyone! :offtobed:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:51 pm

Sunday , September 20 , 2020

GoodAfternoon Judy !

Re H Mills Embedded Cams

12:42 pm
DRATS! Both embedded Cams are down

The PTZ Cams are streaming

ETA

Re Surrey Reserve
12:45p
I checked the SR Embedded Cams and they are down also .

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:20 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:51 pm
Sunday , September 20 , 2020

GoodAfternoon Judy !

Re H Mills Embedded Cams

12:42 pm
DRATS! Both embedded Cams are down

The PTZ Cams are streaming

ETA

Re Surrey Reserve
12:45p
I checked the SR Embedded Cams and they are down also .
Just got off the phone with Ken - we tried several things, and have no clue why the cams all went down (except Delta 2 - which are the only cams that haven't updated to the new YouTube software).

He and I will continue to look, but right now I have no clue when/if we'll find a fix.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:03 pm

1:55 pm
Ken is going to make some changes to the equipment that sends the signals from our cams to YouTube - and that means that all embedded cams will be down for a couple of hours. He said what he was going to do, but I didn't completely understand the process. The end result will be to have more bandwidth for the software - we are trying to stream 9 cams, and it may be that YouTube wants a higher quality stream than we were sending (we were getting "recommendations" on the YouTube Live Studio page to increase this and that).

I think that's a long shot - but it is a possibility; I know we had that issue when we added the Surrey cams, until we increased the internet speed at Ken's house.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:20 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:03 pm
1:55 pm
Ken is going to make some changes to the equipment that sends the signals from our cams to YouTube - and that means that all embedded cams will be down for a couple of hours. He said what he was going to do, but I didn't completely understand the process. The end result will be to have more bandwidth for the software - we are trying to stream 9 cams, and it may be that YouTube wants a higher quality stream than we were sending (we were getting "recommendations" on the YouTube Live Studio page to increase this and that).

I think that's a long shot - but it is a possibility; I know we had that issue when we added the Surrey cams, until we increased the internet speed at Ken's house.
Thank You Judy for your posts and good luck Ken and Judy with all of this :luck:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:07 pm

4:06p
I just noticed the Delta 2 embedded cams are down :(
screenshot_05.jpg

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:49 pm

All cams will be down while he is moving to the new system - he thought a couple of hours.

Unfortunately we can’t guarantee it will help, but we’re hoping. :luck:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:56 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:49 pm
All cams will be down while he is moving to the new system - he thought a couple of hours.

Unfortunately we can’t guarantee it will help, but we’re hoping. :luck:

Thank you Judy , Good Luck Ken :luck:

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:28 pm

8:27pm..........Cams are all back working at Delta2.............came back at 5:39pm.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

Return to “Technical Help”