Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:00 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:58 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:29 pm
WEDNESDAY SEPT.9 , 2020

Good Afternoon Judy... It must be me LOL

Re H Mills

DRATS! N Cam has circle and stuck at 9:39am

screenshot_136.jpg

Thank You
Bev
Sent message to Ken.

Thank You Judy !

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:24 pm

amyklai wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:50 pm
4.50p I rebooted North at WR , now its frozen ( the live stream)
Thanks, amy - I've sent a message to Ken.

We're having way more issues than usual - I think some are related to YouTube, but don't know if there are other things we need to upgrade.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:42 am

September 10
10:40 am

I think Ken is working on his system and the cam connections - all cams were down for a bit; Surrey and HM are back now - haven't checked the others yet.

Added - Delta back. White Rock still down - 10:43 am; I think he's redoing the internal streaming codes for all of them, which takes time.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:10 pm

12:07 pm
Ken is on his way to White Rock to try to get the CU cam streaming again. All three cams are down now, which may mean he's working on the equipment at the site.

The other embedded cams should all be streaming, though you may need to refresh the browser a couple of times before they come up.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:12 pm

4:07 pm
I just heard from Ken, and all of the White Rock cams will probably be down for a couple of days. He was having trouble connecting to the internet at the site, and the router was not working properly, so he's bringing some of the equipment back to his place to work on it. He'll get things back as soon as he can.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:47 am

Harrison Mills North is down this morning; South is streaming. YouTube has "updated" the software used to stream to the web, and for some reason, the "code" that links the HM cams to the encoder that does the streaming is not permanent; it should be, and was before the update - but now Ken has to go in at least once a day and relink them. YouTube doesn't have much support for average users (there's a premium level, but it would take a whole lot more hits than we get to reach it); I've told Ken I'd help look through the support forums but won't be able to do that until next week.

Surrey Reserve and Delta 2 cams are streaming smoothly as far as I can tell from a quick check.

White Rock cams are offline until Ken is able to get the router (and maybe other parts) working properly and schedule a trip to the site to reinstall them.

I won't be online much today, may be able to do a bit more tomorrow (all good - just busy).

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:30 pm

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2020

HI Judy

I am reporting the H Mills Embedded Cams are down

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:53 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:30 pm

HI Judy

I've sent a message to Ken. If anyone has more experience with the new version of YouTube than I do (which would not take much) and has a clue why the stream key keeps needing to be reset (it normally works for months at a time) - please let me know. Thanks.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:59 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:53 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:30 pm

HI Judy

I've sent a message to Ken. If anyone has more experience with the new version of YouTube than I do (which would not take much) and has a clue why the stream key keeps needing to be reset (it normally works for months at a time) - please let me know. Thanks.
Thanks Judy .. Not me.. hope a few others do :luck:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:39 am

Sunday, September 13

Both Delta 2 cams are streaming smoothly on the empty nest.

Per reports from zoomers, the Harrison Mills cams are streaming on the zoomer links, but the embedded cams are down, probably per the issue above.

Surrey Reserve North is choppy; the South cam is streaming well; a black squirrel visited earlier.

The White Rock cams are down until Ken can fix the issues with the router and maybe other components; the air quality levels are very bad in Vancouver and White Rock because of the smoke coming north from the US, so I will encourage him to wait until it's safer before trying to visit the site, even if he's fixed the components at this point.

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:19 am

Hi Judy,

When I checked the SR DVRs at 7:50 pm they both went back to much earlier in the afternoon. The North cam was pixelating so I checked the South cam as well (which was fine) and took a scap of the smoke at 7:51 pm (took one at 6:50 as well as I was comparing the smoke with and without the infra red light.) After I posted it, I decided to reboot the North cam - shortly after 8:00 pm. Then after I refreshed and checked the North embedded cam, the DVR started at 8:06 pm which I expected.

However, the strange thing was the South cam started at the same time too. (I have no idea why I decided to check the South cam too, but I did!) The North and South cams were seconds apart from each other. I wondered at the time if maybe Ken had coincidentally done something at the same time - can't think of any other reason the South cam DVR changed because I sure didn't reboot it!

Both embedded cams were working fine when I closed the window about 10 minutes later.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:41 am

Thanks, gemini. Strange. :puzz: There has to be something odd going on - and it may be at YouTube, though I'm not sure how they'd do that. I usually keep the cams streaming overnight on my computer, and discovered it had rebooted itself at some point (maybe a software update?). I know it seemed as if the dvr didn't always record when no one was watching, which is why I've been streaming Surrey 24/7 and the other cams at night (unless I forget) - so maybe that was also a factor. I think it was around midnight pacific when I discovered my computer had gone to sleep and reloaded the cam windows.

Tuesday, September 15 Cam Report

Delta cams are streaming.

Surrey South is streaming; Surrey North embedded is down and I cannot log into the cam directly.

Harrison Mills embedded cams are down; we can log into both cams directly, so it's probably the ongoing problem with YouTube resetting the stream key settings (or whatever they're doing).

White Rock embedded cams are down; I can log directly into the WA and North cams so I'm guessing Ken may be working on them this morning. (Note to zoomers - please wait until the embedded cams are up to do any zooming - and please don't reboot WA or CU; not sure about HikVision/North cam because it's always needed to be rebooted at least once a day to keep streaming; need to discuss that with Ken).

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:04 pm

:woohoo: Good News

HI Judy and all

12:51pm Nest .. The S embedded cam is streaming at H Mills

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:14 pm