Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue May 26, 2020 3:56 pm

SueB wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 3:42 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone! It looks like the Delta Embedded cams went down earlier...the E Embedded cam came back up at 3:16 pm but the W Embedded cam remains down. Unfortunately it is dinnertime here and I have to go so was not able to check the zoomer cams.
I can't connect with the West cam directly; I'll call Ken.

Added - Ken cannot connect with the cam either so it's likely an issue at the site. Hopefully he'll be able to reach someone there to check the equipment on the ground and fix whatever is not working. I'll post if I hear anything.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Tue May 26, 2020 10:12 pm

10:12pm.........Just noticing there is NO infrared light tonight at Delta2. This likely is connected to the W embedded cam being down.
2.JPG
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed May 27, 2020 11:44 am

Jean wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:12 pm
10:12pm.........Just noticing there is NO infrared light tonight at Delta2. This likely is connected to the W embedded cam being down.

The East cam may also have one - the cams are identical. I can check with Ken and see if it would be OK to turn it on until West is back up (if it's installed and connected - and if I'm correct that it can be turned on remotely). No clue what sort of light it would provide, but it's a thought.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu May 28, 2020 8:58 am

Delta West cam update -

I've just heard from Ken and he's spoken to the people living at the Delta site, and it sounds as if a rodent has been nibbling on one of the wires. He can't get out to work on it today; there's a slight chance he might be able to get out there tomorrow, but Saturday is the more likely day for him to be working on it.

As a reminder, he may need to take the East cam offline briefly while he reruns wires or reboots things.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri May 29, 2020 11:06 am

11:00 am
Ken is on his way to Delta to see why the West cam there isn't streaming. If it's something he can fix with the tools and equipment he has on hand, he'll do that - but he may need to go back a second time.

He may need to unhook the Delta 2 East cam briefly if he's moving equipment around - and there's a chance he may need to reboot the Wowza server at some point this afternoon, which will bring all the embedded cams offline briefly.

Keeping fingers crossed that it's an easy fix.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri May 29, 2020 12:55 pm

12:50 pm
Delta West is streaming - thanks, Ken!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun May 31, 2020 11:44 am

11:42 am
Surrey Reserve South went down about 11:35 am, and I cannot connect with the cam itself using the zoomer link. I called and left a message for Ken.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun May 31, 2020 1:25 pm

Good Afternoon Judy and all

It is 1:19p Nest Time

Re H Mills N Cam

It went down 94 mins . ago
screenshot_15.jpg
Heather checked and no Power Outages reported !

As you know the S Cam is down since May 13 th

Thank You
Bev

PS The N PTZ Cam is streaming :thumlft:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun May 31, 2020 1:55 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:25 pm

Re H Mills N Cam

Thank You
Bev

Thanks for reporting it, Bev. I was also able to log into the cam, and am in the process of rebooting it - and that happily seems to have restarted the embedded cam!

I am also unable to connect with the South cam at Harrison Mills, and I don't know when Ken might be able to get out there to see what's going on. It has come back up on its own a couple of times, and I keep hoping....

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun May 31, 2020 2:13 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:55 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:25 pm

Re H Mills N Cam

Thank You
Bev

Thanks for reporting it, Bev. I was also able to log into the cam, and am in the process of rebooting it - and that happily seems to have restarted the embedded cam!

I am also unable to connect with the South cam at Harrison Mills, and I don't know when Ken might be able to get out there to see what's going on. It has come back up on its own a couple of times, and I keep hoping....
Thank you so much Judy ! Great to have the N Embeeded cam streaming ,... :luck: for the S Cam.

Good Luck with SR South Cam Judy !

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:35 am

June 1, 7:30 am

Surrey Reserve South is back - dvr goes back to around 9:15 pm yesterday. Ken called to let me know - and he hadn't been out there or done anything, so no clue what happened. Hopefully it will stay up. I've notified CBC so they can switch back since South has the better view now that the eaglets are getting huge.

Surrey Reserve South was pixelating so I rebooted it.

White Rock North embedded was offline, so I also rebooted that.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:44 am

Surrey Reserve South is back up again. Fingers crossed :luck:

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:13 pm

Good afternoon all! The Delta 2 E Embedded Cam screen is about 10 minutes behind real time......well...as I am typing this it seems it has caught up....not sure if someone already noticed that or if it just corrected itself but it now seems to be okay. I will leave this post in case it happens again.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:36 pm

SueB wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:13 pm
Good afternoon all! The Delta 2 E Embedded Cam screen is about 10 minutes behind real time......well...as I am typing this it seems it has caught up....not sure if someone already noticed that or if it just corrected itself but it now seems to be okay. I will leave this post in case it happens again.
Because it corrected itself, what probably was happening is that the clock on the cam got out of sync for some reason; the time in the upper left corner of the embedded cams is part of the signal sent by the cam, and about once an hour, it "checks in" with one of the atomic clock type sites that are supposed to have the absolute right time, and resets to that. If the time on the cam itself is off, the best thing to do is wait an hour, and it should be fine. I think the cams are generally programmed to not do the update right on the hour, probably because it's less obvious - and I don't think they're all set to do it at the same time, though I'd need to check the config info for each cam to be sure.

The second thing that sometimes happens with the embedded cams is that if you keep them streaming for several hours, they can lag behind a bit. If they're off by enough to be distracting, you can usually get them closer by refreshing/reloading the browser window.

Hope this helps!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:24 am

SUNDAY , JUNE 7 , 2020

Good Morning Judy !\

7:05a nest time.... Re H Mills North Embedded Cam ... No sound...... It was working earlier this morning and I have sound on all other cams.... I am wondering if a reboot will help when you have time .

Thanks

Bev

Return to “Technical Help”