Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
DDuckies2
Zoomer

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by DDuckies2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:36 am

JudyB wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 pm
DDuckies2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 am
WHITE ROCK :
WA cam is not live streaming. I tried a reboot however it did not go through since my internet is blinking off and on.
CU and NORTH are OK.
I'll reboot it now. Not sure if it will help - if your internet is having issues, the internet at the site might be too.

Added - it worked! WA embedded is streaming now. :)
---------------------
April 9. Dianne here. Must be on my end as I never did get WA live streaming yesterday and still not today at 9:35am.
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:43 am

DDuckies2 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:36 am
JudyB wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 pm
DDuckies2 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 am
WHITE ROCK :
WA cam is not live streaming. I tried a reboot however it did not go through since my internet is blinking off and on.
CU and NORTH are OK.
I'll reboot it now. Not sure if it will help - if your internet is having issues, the internet at the site might be too.

Added - it worked! WA embedded is streaming now. :)
---------------------
April 9. Dianne here. Must be on my end as I never did get WA live streaming yesterday and still not today at 9:35am.

9:38 am - just tried and it's working for me, Dianne. You can force your browser to clear its cache for the page by Shift-Ctrl-R (or Shift and click the refresh/reload icon) - or some browsers use Ctrl+F5. You can search for "hard refresh" to find what works best for your browser. Hopefully that will clear whatever is "sticking" - other option is to reboot the computer. Let me know if none of that helps and I'll see what else I can find.

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am

Hi Judy :thumlft: I did the "Shift and click the refresh/reload icon" twice and now can view WA live stream! Thank you! :D
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:53 pm

DDuckies2 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am
Hi Judy :thumlft: I did the "Shift and click the refresh/reload icon" twice and now can view WA live stream! Thank you! :D
Excellent - thanks for letting me know! :thumlft:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:54 pm

amyklai wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:40 pm
3.39p Can the WA/ CU be rebooted at WR please
Will do.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:00 pm

amyklai wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:40 pm
3.39p Can the WA/ CU be rebooted at WR please
Done - hope it helps!

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:40 am

9:39am.........Both embedded cams at Delta2 just went down................zoomer cams ok. Our nest is currently under atttack by an intruder.........this has been going on since last night and is still going on now.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:15 am

Jean wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:40 am
9:39am.........Both embedded cams at Delta2 just went down................zoomer cams ok. Our nest is currently under atttack by an intruder.........this has been going on since last night and is still going on now.
I just got two messages from Ken, the first saying that the WR CU cam wasn't connecting to the Wowza and the second saying it was fixed. I'm guessing that involved rebooting the Wowza, which would take all the embedded cams offline briefly. I had 5 embedded cams streaming when I took a break, and all were down when I returned. Haven't checked everything, but the Surrey and Delta cams are all streaming.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 am

JudyB wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:15 am
Jean wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:40 am
I just got two messages from Ken, the first saying that the WR CU cam wasn't connecting to the Wowza and the second saying it was fixed. I'm guessing that involved rebooting the Wowza, which would take all the embedded cams offline briefly. I had 5 embedded cams streaming when I took a break, and all were down when I returned. Haven't checked everything, but the Surrey and Delta cams are all streaming.
Yes, both embedded cams are back now......thanks.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:03 am

amyklai wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:51 am
8.50a All WR cams are very difficult to control
all go down and back up , im at a loss(this has been going on for a while , but last couple days NORTH is dropping too)
I honestly think it's more about the load on the internet, either near you or near White Rock, or possibly both. I don't do a lot of zooming at Surrey because there often doesn't seem to be enough bandwidth to send a decent signal to the internet and also move the cam; when I have gone in (usually on South which for no apparent reason has a stronger connection), I've noticed that it takes time for the cam to respond when I send a signal telling it to move. The zoomers at Delta 2 are reporting the same thing (and the same frustration - and I totally agree it is frustrating), and I've also seen it at Harrison Mills.

I asked David Hathaway (the forum tech person) if he had any suggestions and he didn't get back to me, which usually means he doesn't have an answer. Our local newspaper (which we now read online) had an article about the issues people were having with teaching/studying online and working online.

I don't think rebooting will help - most of the time it doesn't, and on those occasions when things do improve, it's equally likely that someone nearby ended their online Skype session at about that time.

I don't mind rebooting one or all of them if you've found in your case it does seem to help. But I'd rather not do it unless there a good chance of it helping. :dunno:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:43 am

amyklai wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:30 am

thanks Judy , yes i agree , its better early in the morning north rebooting daily helps
I need to reboot Surrey North more than most other cams because the embedded cam signal gets choppy and pixelated - and it often, but not always, helps with that. Even though they are different types of cams, I think WR North has something similar going on that does require more reboots.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:53 pm

4:51 pm from Delta 2 cam. The west cam is not showing the correct time. For example.

First s'cap shows 4:45 pm, Ma is calling out from east cam, which has the correct time.
2020-04-13_18-48-11.png
Second s'cap shows the west cam show the time of 17:21 or 5:21 pm with Ma calling out.
2020-04-13_18-48-19.png
So the clock on the west cam needs some attention. Thanks.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:08 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:53 pm
4:51 pm from Delta 2 cam. The west cam is not showing the correct time. For example.

First s'cap shows 4:45 pm, Ma is calling out from east cam, which has the correct time.
Second s'cap shows the west cam show the time of 17:21 or 5:21 pm with Ma calling out.

Thanks, Sandy. If both cams are showing the same activity, and one has the wrong time showing, the simplest thing is to wait a while - the cams check in with an international clock once an hour and reset themselves. We might be able to fix that with a reboot, or I might be able to change the time on the camera, but those are both a bit chancy. If the embedded cam is out of sync and the cam itself is fine, a reboot is in order.

As it is, I really don't know if I could fix the problem, or if I'd only make it worse. I'll try to check back in an hour or so and see if it's resolved itself. If not, I'll see what I can do, and perhaps get Ken to take a look.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:37 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:08 pm
Sandy_W wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Thanks, Sandy. If both cams are showing the same activity, and one has the wrong time showing, the simplest thing is to wait a while - the cams check in with an international clock once an hour and reset themselves. We might be able to fix that with a reboot, or I might be able to change the time on the camera, but those are both a bit chancy. If the embedded cam is out of sync and the cam itself is fine, a reboot is in order.

As it is, I really don't know if I could fix the problem, or if I'd only make it worse. I'll try to check back in an hour or so and see if it's resolved itself. If not, I'll see what I can do, and perhaps get Ken to take a look.
Judy, don't know what happened but it is now OK. Magic, I guess. Thanks for responding.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:39 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:37 pm

Judy, don't know what happened but it is now OK. Magic, I guess. Thanks for responding.
Magic works for me, Sandy! Thanks for posting so we know it's resolved itself.

Return to “Technical Help”