Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:26 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:05 pm
It does look like a power outage - thanks for posting, Bev! And :luck: that at least the North cam will come back up once the power has been restored.
Thanks so much Judy :huggie: ... and :luck: I hope so also!

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:13 am

Report on overnight dvr gaps

I left both Surrey cams, Delta West and White Rock CU streaming when I left the computer around 6 pm pacific time - but my computer went to sleep overnight.

Gemini left the three White Rock cams streaming when she left the computer at 10:45 pm

SR-N had spinning circle stopped at 8:36 pm
SR-S had spinning circle stopped at 10:28 pm
D2-W had spinning circle stopped at 10:23 pm
WR-CU had spinning circle stopped at 8:43 pm

When I clicked to Live at about 7 am....
SR-N went back 9:40 to 5:52 pm yesterday (I rebooted it around then)
SR-S went back 12 hours to 2:31 pm yesterday (should be 7pm so 4-1/2 hour gap)
D2-W went back 12 hours to 3:35 pm
WR-CU went back 12 hours to 7:02 pm - no gap
WR-WA went back 12 hours to 7:03 pm - no gap
WR-N went back 12 hours from 7:05 am to 6:46 pm yesterday (19 min gap - the cam stops more than most, so probably a series of little pauses)
HM cams both down (power outage there yesterday)

I need to leave for an appointment - quick summary - leaving the cams on seems to help avoid gaps.

Popping in quickly, I found a gap on SR-S from about 1:26 - 3:16 and a second from 3:38 - 5:13; it would be nice to know how soon the dvr goes to sleep once its analytics tell it no one is watching, but that may be hard to determine. I also don't know if it starts recording immediately when someone brings up a cam (if the dvr has been off).

And now I'm out for a few hours, though I have my phone so will see messages and PMs. Bye!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi Judy and thank you for the update on the Cams :hug:

3:02 Pm nest time ...

Both Surrey Reserve Cams need a re boot when you have time !

Thank You

Bev

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 pm

5:05 pm I know I don't report on the Surrey cams but was trying to watch and noticed some serious pixelation. Just thought I would share.
2020-02-11_19-10-24.jpg
2020-02-11_19-11-25.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:26 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:15 pm
5:05 pm I know I don't report on the Surrey cams but was trying to watch and noticed some serious pixelation. Just thought I would share.

Thanks, Sandy - I was trying something with the South cam (which seems to have the better connection) to try to make it run smoother - and I think it didn't work. I I've undone the changes that would use the most bandwidth and rebooted both cams, so hopefully things will be better now.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:51 am

I left both Surrey cams and Delta West streaming when I left the computer around 6 pm pacific time; when I arrived to check at 7:17 this morning, only Surrey North was streaming.

Gemini opened the White Rock cams at 12:34 pm and set them streaming for the night; they had gaps then which she provided, so I'll try to factor those in (I did major in math in college - but that was a l-o-n-g time ago, so no promises!)

SR-S had spinning circle stopped at 1:34 am
D2-W had spinning circle stopped at ?? - too small and blurry for read; before 8 pm?

When I clicked to Live at about 7:20 am....
SR-S went back 12 hours to 7:22 pm yesterday (no gap)
D2-W went back 12 hours to 1:25 pm yesterday afternoon (gap of roughly 6 hours)

There was no gap at SR-N, and I didn't expect one since it had streamed through the night.

It was roughly 7:30 when I checked the WR cams; all went back 12 hours
WR-CU back to 6:56 pm (possible 30 minute gap)
WR-WA back to 6:53 pm (possible 30 minute gap)
WR-N back to 7:26 pm

My guess is that the small gaps on the two WR cams were from before gemini brought the cams up for the night; checking the WR observation thread, there weren't any posts between 5:30 and 11:15 pm, and while I can't yet speculate how long a cam has to be unwatched for the dvr to turn off, I'm guessing that could do it; I will note the dvr wasn't off the whole time - the 11:15 pm posts included a visit from around 10:30 pm; I'll see if I can find out if Lynne was watching earlier and if she noticed a gap when she was documenting that visit.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Thanks so much Judy for the cam updates !

Re H Mills N Cam

12:23pm
:woohoo: N Cam is trying to cut in
screenshot_01.jpg
I can get the NPTZ Cam
'
screenshot_02.jpg
I have a Mac so I don't have sound on this cam

I wonder if Ken can help to get the N Cam back on line ?

Thank You
Bev

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:49 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Re H Mills N Cam

screenshot_01.jpg

I can get the NPTZ Cam
' screenshot_02.jpg

Thank You
Bev
The HM-N embedded cam is back online! I'm not hearing anything - but it might just be quiet there. I'm rebooting Surrey North now, and will peak in on HM-N in a minute to find out if I can hear anything over the direct link.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:53 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:49 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Re H Mills N Cam

screenshot_01.jpg

I can get the NPTZ Cam
' screenshot_02.jpg

Thank You
Bev
The HM-N embedded cam is back online! I'm not hearing anything - but it might just be quiet there. I'm rebooting Surrey North now, and will peak in on HM-N in a minute to find out if I can hear anything over the direct link.
Thank you Judy!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:56 pm

I've rebooted the Harrison Mills North cam, and the embedded cam has sound (well, it has a hum - once we have an eagle on the nest, we'll get some real sound!).

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:16 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:56 pm
I've rebooted the Harrison Mills North cam, and the embedded cam has sound (well, it has a hum - once we have an eagle on the nest, we'll get some real sound!).

Thank you Judy!

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:45 pm

Good Afternoon All! I just happened to come on here a little earlier and noticed that HM was having problems with the sound on the embedded cam and that Judy re-booted and it was okay after that. Delta also lost the sound so since I saw that I decided to try the re-boot of the W Cam and it worked! Thanks for posting that otherwise I wouldn't have thought to re-boot it.

In addition, once the cam came back up I decided to take a quick look around and noticed that the controls were working much better than they have been. We've had delayed responses on the controls lately and not sure if it was just re-booting that did it but it seems to be much better now. I noted this on the Delta login thread so that Jean would see it. Hoping she finds that they are working better for her now too.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:53 pm

SueB wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:45 pm
Good Afternoon All! I just happened to come on here a little earlier and noticed that HM was having problems with the sound on the embedded cam and that Judy re-booted and it was okay after that. Delta also lost the sound so since I saw that I decided to try the re-boot of the W Cam and it worked! Thanks for posting that otherwise I wouldn't have thought to re-boot it.

In addition, once the cam came back up I decided to take a quick look around and noticed that the controls were working much better than they have been. We've had delayed responses on the controls lately and not sure if it was just re-booting that did it but it seems to be much better now. I noted this on the Delta login thread so that Jean would see it. Hoping she finds that they are working better for her now too.
Rebooting sometimes helps the controls (not always, but worth a try if a cam hasn't been rebooted recently (and if it's not the middle of a major storm when the power might go out) - glad it helped there as well!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:26 am

I left both Surrey cams, Delta West and Harrison Mills North streaming when I left the computer around 6 pm pacific time, and all 4 were streaming this morning when I arrived to check around 7:15 am.

The dvr went back 12 hours on all four, to approximately 7:15 pm yesterday.

Gemini left the three White Rock cams streaming at 8:08 pm - and when I checked them at 7:20 this morning, all of them went back 12 hours to approximately 7:20 pm.

No overnight gaps on any of our cams!
:woohoo:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:58 am

JudyB wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:26 am

I left both Surrey cams, Delta West and Harrison Mills North streaming when I left the computer around 6 pm pacific time, and all 4 were streaming this morning when I arrived to check around 7:15 am.

The dvr went back 12 hours on all four, to approximately 7:15 pm yesterday.

Gemini left the three White Rock cams streaming at 8:08 pm - and when I checked them at 7:20 this morning, all of them went back 12 hours to approximately 7:20 pm.

No overnight gaps on any of our cams!
:woohoo:

Wonderful Judy! Thank you Judy and gemini :grhug:

Return to “Technical Help”