Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:53 am

amyklai wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:39 am
7.39a WR , WA cam is sticking , can it be rebooted?
I'm a bit nervous doing it in this amount of wind - and I'm guessing the weather may be part of the reason it's acting up. Not sure when the wind is supposed to let up, but please feel free to let me know if the WA cam is still sticking when that happens, and I'll be happy to reboot it then.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:23 am

SATURDAY , NOVEMBER 2, 2019

Good Morning Judy :huggie:

Re H Mills Embedded Cams..

Both cams are sputtering .. I have to keep refreshing them....

Maybe a reboot will help when you have time

Thank You

Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:09 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:23 am

Thank You

Bev
11:08 am
I logged into the embedded cams to take a look - and I'm hearing calls, so will go see if anyone is observing before I do anything else. Both cams are streaming for me now.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:13 am

JudyB wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:09 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:23 am

Thank You

Bev
11:08 am
I logged into the embedded cams to take a look - and I'm hearing calls, so will go see if anyone is observing before I do anything else. Both cams are streaming for me now.
Thanks Judy!\ I have to go out!

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:45 pm

3:42pm.........Not sure if this is the place for this but will mention it anyway. Several weeks ago there seems to have been a bit of a change with our embedded cams. We try to take s'caps from the embedded cams and when we do, we have to wait a while for the view to clear. Then we take a s'cap. But as I was just on the cams I noticed that the W embedded cam view did not clear at all while I was there. The E embedded cam did clear after a moment or two. Zoomer cam views are fine. We never had to wait like this before so wonder if something has changed? If I remember correctly we did have that problem a long time ago when someone was working on the settings to get us a better high resolution view.

Here is an example of what we see on the W embedded cam view..........it happens with both the E and W cams, it is not consistent. Any viewers looking in would be seeing this too.............not worth looking at when it is so blurry.

10.JPG
This shows the difference between the blurry W cam view and the clear E cam view using the embedded cams to see with. The top view is the W cam........bottom one is E cam.
2.JPG
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Thanks for posting, Jean.

Have you looked at the settings for the embedded cams -
20191102_003.jpg
20191102_003.jpg (7.97 KiB) Viewed 3369 times

I know that sometimes when I have too many windows open, the quality on one or both embedded cams goes down because I don't have the bandwidth to watch at high resolution. This is what I'm currently seeing for East; my computer defaulted to 480:
20191102_005.jpg

This is what I get if I go up to 720 (no since for me to go higher as I'm not viewing at full screen); maybe marginally sharper, though not obvious to me:
20191102_006.jpg

But when I have a cam (or two) open to zoom, the embedded cams tend to go to a much lower resolution, like this:
20191102_007.jpg

And they sometimes do that even if I set them higher - though I usually keep mine in Auto and only choose a higher setting while I'm taking screenshots.

I did look quickly at the image on the East zoomer link, and didn't see it looking that different - though the view of the nest may not be the best one to judge.

And dinner's ready - hope this helps, and I'll try to check back later.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:38 pm

4:36pm.........Thanks Judy..........I have not been checking those settings for a while. I think they must change periodically all by themselves, likely due to the reasons you have mentioned here. I just looked at the embedded cams and realized they were not on the highest setting..........hopefully that is all that was causing this and it is nice to have a simple solution. Will have to watch for this in the future.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:29 am

7:28 am noticed at Delta 2, the DVR recording is only going back two hours. Is this a change and going to be the norm? Can't remember how long it would typically go back but something along the lines of 12 hours.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:11 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:29 am
7:28 am noticed at Delta 2, the DVR recording is only going back two hours. Is this a change and going to be the norm? Can't remember how long it would typically go back but something along the lines of 12 hours.
I just brought up the Delta cams, and I'm seeing 12 hours. We had something similar happen at Harrison Mills recently, and some observers were able to get back to 12 hours by refreshing or reloading the page, but one had to do a "hard refresh" by holding down the Shift key while clicking the reload icon (or maybe Shift-Ctrl-R for some browsers - you can try googling Hard Refresh and the name of your browser if this doesn't work for you).

Generally when you refresh/reload a page, the browser pulls most of the information from the original source - but it does some sort of check for items that have changed, and big items that haven't changed might be loaded from a cached copy of the page on your computer so the page will load faster - and I don't know how the check works, but I don't think it can tell that something inside the viewing window has changed. The hard refresh tells the computer that you're willing to wait while it recopies every single item from the source.

My guess is that at some point YouTube went to 2 hours, and your browser cached the page from that time. If this doesn't work, please let me know! Thanks!

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi Judy, thanks for the information. Have tried the techniques I found but so far haven't stumbled on one that works. This is what I found for a hard refresh.
Chrome:
Quick hard refresh can be done by using the following short cut keys
Windows/Linux:
Hold down Ctrl and click the Reload button.
Or, Hold down Ctrl and press F5.
just open the Chrome Dev Tools by pressing F12. Once the chrome dev tools are open, just right click on the refresh button and a menu will drop down. This menu gives you the option of doing a hard refresh, or even clearing the cache and do a hard refresh automatically.

Maybe it will catch up soon and revert back to the 12 hours.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:52 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:44 pm
Hi Judy, thanks for the information. Have tried the techniques I found but so far haven't stumbled on one that works.
<- snip ->
If you discover something that does work, please let us know, Sandy - and I'm positive that it will sort itself out, but am not sure how long it will take.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Hi Judy, so far I have not found anything that works to gain more time on the DVR but did notice something this morning. When I got on at 4:20 Delta time to check the Delta 2 nest, the east cam were only show say 26 minutes of rollback time and the west cam was somewhere around 48 minutes. See these first two screenshots.
2019-11-11_6-20-55.jpg
2019-11-11_6-21-14.jpg
Then I checked again at 4:52 and the east cam was at 1:19 minutes in rollback and the west cam was at 57 minutes. See the screenshot of west cam. One thing to note is I had the cams up during this time so it was odd times. Of course, they may have flickered off as I was not constantly watching.
2019-11-11_6-52-08.jpg
So when I went to school, I checked on three different computers with one on a different network with two different logins. The result was only showing around the 1:15 at 5:10 am on the DVR rollback. At 10:00 am Delta time, showing 2 hours.

Certainly, I do not have a solution but this tells me it isn't my google drive account on my computer as it has a totally different login.

2:43 am checked this morning and apparently the cams are simply going offline as the rollback time for both cams was at 51 minutes at 2:06 am. As of right now, they are at 1:15 time in rollback.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:55 pm

2:54 pm at Delta, the east embedded cam has gone offline. It was cycling on and off but now I cannot get it to come back online with a simple refresh.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:31 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:55 pm
2:54 pm at Delta, the east embedded cam has gone offline. It was cycling on and off but now I cannot get it to come back online with a simple refresh.
I just noticed this - sorry for the delay.

It's now 3:29, and both Delta embedded cams are working for me.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:43 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:31 pm
Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:55 pm
I just noticed this - sorry for the delay.

It's now 3:29, and both Delta embedded cams are working for me.
Thanks, Judy. I was just on and yes, the Delta east cam came back around 3:15 pm.

Return to “Technical Help”