Eagleholics Anonymous ~ 2018

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

mmud
Content Provider

Re: Eagleholics Anonymous ~ 2018

Post by mmud » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:40 pm

I wasn't rubbing in the cooler temperatures here Naoma. I hoped it might bring back some memories to help cool you off. ;)

Nice s'caps of Paula, Penelope, and Blueberry Iona. Paula looks ready. :)

My poor Kitty has been very ill since Friday and spending two days at the vet hasn't helped. He was able to come home today but this is not good. :(

Color - UPDATE October 7, 2019

Wolf in yard
20191007_Wolf_in_yard.jpg
Joined HWF: Sun. Apr 12, 2009

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:00 am

:coffee2: Good Morning :coffee2:

Tuesday ~ October 08, 2019

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:31 am

The Fall colors lift me up as do the Wolf....thank you Scott.

i am hoping for your kitty. I understand. Miss Bleu has a horrible ear issue with a perforated ear drum and we are getting to the bottom of it (with a culture). I hope she can feel better, doing fairly well for an old golden retriever (now 12.5). As a little boy with leukemia who lives near me said "Isn't that old enough to hit the hay?"....he meant "kick the bucket". Gotta love children, he is 11 or 12 and a fighter with his cancer.
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

txelements

Post by txelements » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:14 am

Scott, my heart is heavy for kitty. You didn't say what the issue is but I know you are doing everything in your power to help him. :hug:

Carolyn, pets ailing & aging are emotional all the way around. :yes:

Iona, in seeing the pic of Paula, birth has to must be imminent.

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:31 am

Naoma, about the weather....it's delightful. We just took a walk at 70 degrees, it's a bit humid, but still amazing. It is going back up I know but should then go back down. Everyone I speak to is thrilled.

And yes, aging pets have issues. What Bleu has is considered to be "swimmer's ear", nasty bacterial infection. Hopefully once they figure out what oral antibiotic to give we can finally get rid of it. :)
Have a happy day,
carolyn
carolyn

Iona

Post by Iona » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:18 am

Scott So sorry to hear your kitty is ill. Hoping for him to feel better soon

Paula due is the 10th, so won't be long

Love and hugs to all

Iona

Post by Iona » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:10 pm

Paula is in labor, one black male pup so far

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:34 pm

Thanks Carolyn. I hope Bleu gets healthy soon. :)
"Hit the hay" is pretty good. I hope the boy is able to win his battle with that horrible disease.

Thank you Naoma. :)
Kitty's illness progressed quickly. Wednesday everything was normal. Thursday he cut out play time by a lot. Friday he hadn't eaten, drank, or used the litter box. Saturday and Sunday were spent at the vet trying to find out what the problem was. Monday he was allowed to come home but nothing had changed. Feeding him by syringe and giving meds wasn't working as he vomits everything up. No change today and I wasn't going to let him go through this any longer. A very difficult decision but I was with him the entire time as he peacefully exited. He was in his 14th year but I was hoping for several more. :(

Thanks about Kitty and for the update on Paula Iona. :)

Tamaracks, a Wolf, and Samantha - UPDATE October 8, 2019

Yellow Tamaracks
20191008_Tamaracks_glowing.jpg

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:00 am

:coffee2: Good Morning :coffee2:

Wednesday ~ October 09, 2019

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:05 am

I am so sorry about Kitty Scott....my heart goes out to you.

My Trixie at 13 passed in such a way too, very sick crying all weekend. The decision was hard then too. And I was dreaming about her last night, felt her warm presence.

I hope you feel her spirit with you in quiet moments.
with love,
carolyn

P.S. The colors....superb. Thank you for that.
carolyn

txelements

Post by txelements » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:58 am

I am so sorry kitty & you suffered the illness, now loss. :cry1:

I know you love him & feel his absense deeply. It was truly selfless to care for him as you did.

Hugs

BBL

Iona

Post by Iona » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Scott So very sorry you had to say goodbye to Kitty. Sending love and comforting hugs your way :cry1:

Paula update

11:10 PM black boy Oz

4:24 AM Black Boy Toto

6:15 AM Black Girl Dorothy

8:09 AM Merle Boy Henry

10:20 AM Black Boy Crow

11:22 AM Black Boy Tin

They think she is done
SDP 10 9 19 4 00 PM PAULA AND PUPPIES.jpg

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Nesties :grhug:

So sorry to read and hear about Kitty Scott oh well if he was old hes in a better place and not suffering anymore Scott its us who miss our fur babies RIP Kitty Scotts family will miss you :cat: :cry1:

I know the feeling Scott as does Naoma and Carolyn and I'm sure Iona as our fur babies are all getting old like us :brknhrt:

Garys older brother came to visit us a few weeks back and we hadn't seen Rick or Bibi in 25 years in fact it was Texas at Tinas and Jacks wedding 25 years ago.....they were on a cruise ship headed for Hawaii and stopped in to visit on their way they had never been to Vancouver so it was quite the event and Rick called us yesterday they got back safe as they flew back direct from Hawaii to Toronto :huggie: :love:

Tina Garys sister is in Texas with Lynn her daughter my niece in law after 15 years now that she lives in Indiana Jack didn't go

Talked to my mother in law and she's so deaf she can hear me tell her that Gary got his I phone stolen last week out of the truck and to tell her that it will be 5 more days for the new replacement phone to arrive by UPS so don't use Garys number use mine

And I'm having serious discussions with my upstairs neighbors over the kids banging overhead and the heat :roll: as its been as low as 4o cel or 39' o F Carolyn but today its 10o C or 50o F bringing up the weather temps my friend

Iona please link me up to M and Harriett I've lost the page with all these new updates to Windows 10 :ohmy: :dunno:

Einstein cant get too much better as his back legs have gone due to old age but the Vet says its a slipped disk in his back so its two meds 1 whiter cap twice a day and 1 brown half tablet he eats like a treat.....wish me luck he's a lot to take care of for both Gary and I as he's 13 and so sorry for Bleu and his ear it was his gums a while back but got better with me and the vets treatment antibiotics and brushing his teeth as they won't do teeth work because they would have to put him asleep and at 13 he's too old :ohmy:

off got to fix dinner for Gary he will be home by 6PM

Hey that wolf looks like Naoma's Z

miss you guys but I watch Shameless everyday playing catchup for 6 seasons I'm only on season 1 7 Ep :mihihi: :w00t: :bye 1: waiting on my eagles to start mating :eag: :hatch: :hatch: :eag:

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Thanks Carolyn, Naoma, Iona, and Judi. We all go through this eventually but it still sucks big time when it happens.
I've "seen" him several times out of the corner of my eye in the places he usually was and heard him purring last night as he routinely slept on my bed. The mind loves to play tricks. :)

Thanks for the puppy update and s'cap Iona. :)

"No update tonight, date night with Donna. - LM"

Iona

Post by Iona » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:25 pm

Judi https://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html ih aven't seen them yet, but they are there

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”