Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:10 pm

amyklai wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:26 pm
1.26p White Rock zoom cam is out , Wide Angle
Thanks, Amy! I can't connect either so sent a message to Ken.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:23 pm

I just heard from Ken and he also can’t connect. Nothing we can do tonight but he’ll get out to check when he can.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:34 pm

amyklai wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:27 pm
2,26p WA at White rock just went offline , it was streaming ok , zoom too
I'm guessing Ken is at the site and may be replacing some of the equipment on the ground; I don't think the cam would have come back online otherwise.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:51 pm
4:47 pm problem with zoomer cams at Delta 2. First, had a slow response logging into both the east and west cams, about four minutes. Then the controls were slow to respond and would sometimes freeze using the west cam. Then the screen would go black on both zoomer cams. It felt like losing connection to the zoomer cams with the non-response of the controls on the west cam. I wasn't using the east cam much but did try and had the same slow response. The embedded cams were not losing connection.
Hmm :chin:

I just tried logging into East - and it took a bit longer than sometimes, but no where near as long as it took for you. I also immediately closed out, so as not to interfere with your zooming. I hate recommending this, but it might help to reboot your computer. Or it could be something that was going on with the internet at the site, and improved before I tried logging in. Maybe try closing one of the cams then logging back in and see if it's better?

I'm sorry that I don't have better suggestions, and if it continues to do this, I'll try some more things in the morning.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:15 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:34 pm
Sandy_W wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:51 pm
4:47 pm problem with zoomer cams at Delta 2. First, had a slow response logging into both the east and west cams, about four minutes. Then the controls were slow to respond and would sometimes freeze using the west cam. Then the screen would go black on both zoomer cams. It felt like losing connection to the zoomer cams with the non-response of the controls on the west cam. I wasn't using the east cam much but did try and had the same slow response. The embedded cams were not losing connection.
Hmm :chin:

I just tried logging into East - and it took a bit longer than sometimes, but no where near as long as it took for you. I also immediately closed out, so as not to interfere with your zooming. I hate recommending this, but it might help to reboot your computer. Or it could be something that was going on with the internet at the site, and improved before I tried logging in. Maybe try closing one of the cams then logging back in and see if it's better?

I'm sorry that I don't have better suggestions, and if it continues to do this, I'll try some more things in the morning.
Thanks for checking, Judy. I wasn't having any issue with Internet connections from other just plain surfing. Sue, left this message:
Hi Sandy! I was out for a little while but had the embedded cams up and running while I was gone. When I got home the W Cam had gone way back to the beginning of the rollback (was showing last night's tape)....that never happened before. So there must have been something going on when you were on the cams. It may not have just been you.

After I logged off and left the embedded cams open for a little bit of time, I too noticed the west cam reverted back to the early morning hours. It was odd too when I opened the zoomer cam site to log off, the site took a couple of minutes to load. Maybe just a weird anomaly at the time for me from the HWF site. Who knows....
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:15 am

Thanks for checking, Judy. I wasn't having any issue with Internet connections from other just plain surfing. Sue, left this message:
Hi Sandy! I was out for a little while but had the embedded cams up and running while I was gone. When I got home the W Cam had gone way back to the beginning of the rollback (was showing last night's tape)....that never happened before. So there must have been something going on when you were on the cams. It may not have just been you.

After I logged off and left the embedded cams open for a little bit of time, I too noticed the west cam reverted back to the early morning hours. It was odd too when I opened the zoomer cam site to log off, the site took a couple of minutes to load. Maybe just a weird anomaly at the time for me from the HWF site. Who knows....
At some point yesterday, I noticed the Surrey embedded cams were not live; I had been working with windows that partly covered my cam windows some of the time, so figured I'd accidentally clicked something.

But just a little while ago I left the cams up while I went to get lunch in the other room - and when I came back, they were both again in the middle of the recording, rather than live. Very strange. :dunno:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:47 pm

amyklai wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:20 pm
2.20p I have rebooted North cam at WR two times , still not streaming
Thanks, Amy! I've sent a message to Ken to see if he can help.

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:54 am

Morning!

The cam controls on the HM NPTZ are very sticky...the cam lurches from place to place. I found the same problem yesterday, but not quite so bad as this morning.

I tried the SPTZ, and no problem with the controls on that cam...

Thanks!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Yolande wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:54 am
Morning!

The cam controls on the HM NPTZ are very sticky...the cam lurches from place to place. I found the same problem yesterday, but not quite so bad as this morning.

Thanks!
Is this still a problem? Sorry for the delay in getting back here.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:07 pm

amyklai wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:19 am
8.19a WR , controls stick on WA/ CU , even North
It seems very windy at Surrey Reserve - which could be causing a problem at White Rock as well. I can try rebooting things (or you can) but I'm not sure it will help in this weather.

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:58 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Yolande wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:54 am
Morning!

Thanks!
Is this still a problem? Sorry for the delay in getting back here.
Thanks Judy - just seeing your post now...

No, The problem seems to have resolved itself .... and the NPTZ is running more smoothly.

Thank-you!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:39 pm

WEDNESDAY , Oct. 23 , 2019

Good Afternoon

Re H Mills ...

The DVR on both embedded cams only goes back for 2 hours ~ Is anyone else having this problem ?

Thanks ,
Bev .

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:30 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:39 pm

Good Afternoon

Re H Mills ...

The DVR on both embedded cams only goes back for 2 hours ~ Is anyone else having this problem ?

Thanks ,
Bev .

I can get 12 hrs on the DVR now .. but Yolande can't ... she refreshed the cams and that didn't help :puzz:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:35 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:30 pm
IrishEyes wrote:

Good Afternoon

Re H Mills ...

Thanks ,
Bev .

I can get 12 hrs on the DVR now .. but Yolande can't ... she refreshed the cams and that didn't help :puzz:
No clue what's going on, Bev, but I'm also able to get 12 hours on both HM cams.

I do know there have been times with my iPad when I've had to try 3-4 times to get a live feed from the current day/time on an SR cam - and it's possible that happens with other cams. Like Yolande, I have good computer skills - but I can be in a hurry, and not notice that I'm seeing a video instead of the live feed. Forcing a full refresh/reload usually helps, and hopefully whatever is going on, it will be sorted out soon.

Off topic - while I was scrolling to quick-check the dvr, I saw Dad and Lady perched together, like in the pictures you posted from this morning - so lovely to see them! :love:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:54 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:35 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:30 pm
IrishEyes wrote:

Good Afternoon

Re H Mills ...

Thanks ,
Bev .

No clue what's going on, Bev, but I'm also able to get 12 hours on both HM cams.

I do know there have been times with my iPad when I've had to try 3-4 times to get a live feed from the current day/time on an SR cam - and it's possible that happens with other cams. Like Yolande, I have good computer skills - but I can be in a hurry, and not notice that I'm seeing a video instead of the live feed. Forcing a full refresh/reload usually helps, and hopefully whatever is going on, it will be sorted out soon.

Off topic - while I was scrolling to quick-check the dvr, I saw Dad and Lady perched together, like in the pictures you posted from this morning - so lovely to see them! :love:
Thanks Judy ... Dad and Lady are so beautiful :love:

:luck: For your Yolande :yes:

Good Night and Hugs

Return to “Technical Help”