The Wildlife Corner

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Peggy180

Re: EAGLE Chatters Nest

Post by Peggy180 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 pm

Rainna, I don't think I know you but everyone at the SWFEC is part of a big family and I just wanted to send you a hug of support for all you've been through this last few months. You are a very strong person. Hope we see you in the fall and that you'll keep finding love and strength the way you are doing now with that lucky little kitten.
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi Rainna, I sent you a few PM’s but never heard back. I’m so sorry for all the heartache and health problems you have gone through this year. I lost my Mother this past February so I know how you feel; Mother’s Day was hard. I’m glad you are healing and have had the love of a new kitty. We still have baby chicks at Glacier Gardens so you can still get your eagle fix there. I hope you have been able to follow all the highs and lows of your favorite nests even though not posting. You would have loved Sauces this year; so different from last year. That honor went to Frasier Point or Dale Hollow. :mihihi: :mihihi: Good to have you back and look forward to next season with you.
AKA: Marianne

Sunnybird1995

Post by Sunnybird1995 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:52 am

Hello Rainna, it is good to hear from you.
Stay strong, like the Eagles . .
:grhug:
they shall mount up with wings as eagles
And of course, there is always E9 to put a smile on your face :) .

E9 Winging in the Rain by Lady Hawk, 3 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MR2Sy9Khlk
Still looking for E9 :rh: October 12, 2019
Harriet Forever :brknhrt: March 2023

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:45 am

Sunnybird I do remember dancing in the rain with E9. Thats when I started watching the eagles with e9. I have read so many anatomy and physiology books on eagles and the life of eagles since 2017. But E9 caught my attention when I started watching him on ABC live news every day on tv. I would just leave the tv on tuned into him when I was home.

Rainna very good to hear from you. Always enjoyed your turkey vultures. Hope your family in the military is good. My nephew is still in the army and signed on for 4 more years. And his youger sister is following his footsteps and signed on for the air force. Hope you are doing well now.

Has any one been watching the Big Bear Eagle nest. A sweet nest high up in the mountains and national forest. Behind where my brother was assigned in the military. Any how if you watch this nest for any period of time the sqeals of simba are coming separate from when he is actually sqealing. I hate that when such a thing happens when you are watching a tv show. Where is your voice simba sometimes it is coming at a different time than the video.

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:05 am

Sorry to say the Roberts Bay eagles lost their eaglets this year. Thank you sassyk for informing us I have been checking into that sight off and on since the hawk in the nest.

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:08 am

My Hornby Island eagles are A-ok. Eaglets in the nest again.

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Dear Rainna,

So very wonderful to hear from you; you have been missed here! So sorry that you have experienced medical issues yourself, as well as many family members. It sounds like you and your husband have been doing a lot of caretaking this past year. Condolences on the passing of your sister and father.

I hope life will settle down for you. Maybe the eaglets have given you a smile or two over these past months through all of the tragedy. I'm happy that you are able to help out the little abandoned kitten.

Love, Lanie
Laniebelle
Remembering Dad Decorah, the greatest eagle Dad ever
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:05 pm

They fixed the voice of Simba at Big Bear Lake coming at a different time than in the video. Took a while for them to see the difference. Glad it is corrected.

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:05 pm

So good to see you back Rainna ! :hug:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:11 am

nice to see you back Rainna :huggie: :hug:
sorry to read all you have been through.
we missed you
All scaps are courtesy of
http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
or by photographers / videographers credited in my message
In love with Harriett and M Family !

jwin36

Post by jwin36 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:35 am

Hi, Rainna. Glad you have faith, friends and family to see you through the difficult times. I have missed you this season at Sauces and look forward to seeing you here next season. I hope that everything calms down for you and your family. Please take good care of yourself. Get all the rest you need and stay healthy. I'll bet that watching the eagles is very beneficial. :yes:
See you back here soon. :huggie:
:bye 1:
In an eagle there is all the wisdom of the world. Lame Deer

Sunnybird1995

Post by Sunnybird1995 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 pm

I have not seen any local eagles in a few weeks. Or, I see the flash of a white tail, or a white head in the pines, with or without my camera. :(
It has been a rainy spring and I only got one pic of a "bobblehead".
Mere & Pere's nest has shown no activity when I am there, and is difficult to see with all the growth of leaves & trees. :(
I thought I had missed wingercizing, branching and fledging. :no:

So Saturday, when I left the house to go to the Refuge I had no expectations except to enjoy the lake for a few minutes in the evening.
But I did bring my good camera & binoculars.
I am only parked for 3 minutes before I saw the birds in flight. Probably vultures I think, but look anyway. Wait a minute!
I see the molted look of a juvie, not the black wings of a vulture. It flew closer, YES! A juvie! :yes:
AND it landed right on Mere & Pere's favorite tree "The Eagle Tree" by the lake! :D
It was wonderful to see it land and then take off. No photos . . I just had to watch.
But "Chance Magnific" stayed on the tree long enough for over 30 pics.
:woohoo:
Attachments
DSCN4805 Rev Juvenile.jpg
Juvie on Eagle Tree by lake 15 June 2019
DSCN4809 Rev 15 June 2019.jpg
Juvie on Eagle Tree close up 15 June 2019
Still looking for E9 :rh: October 12, 2019
Harriet Forever :brknhrt: March 2023

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Such beautiful posts here. Happy Fathers Day to all the dad eagles here.Young and old. New eagle dads finding their way and seasoned eagle dads. And even well remembered eagle dads such as Ozzie long gone over the rainbow bridge. All a special day for to remember and celebrate you. A dad eagle works hard to bring food to the nest for the little ones. And even the Smola eagle dad over in Norway way up at the top of our world.
A very rainy day here a good day for human dads to relax and be with family.

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:17 am

Sunnybird1995 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 pm
I have not seen any local eagles in a few weeks. Or, I see the flash of a white tail, or a white head in the pines, with or without my camera. :(
It has been a rainy spring and I only got one pic of a "bobblehead".
Mere & Pere's nest has shown no activity when I am there, and is difficult to see with all the growth of leaves & trees. :(
I thought I had missed wingercizing, branching and fledging. :no:
So Saturday, when I left the house to go to the Refuge I had no expectations except to enjoy the lake for a few minutes in the evening.
But I did bring my good camera & binoculars.
I am only parked for 3 minutes before I saw the birds in flight. Probably vultures I think, but look anyway. Wait a minute!
I see the molted look of a juvie, not the black wings of a vulture. It flew closer, YES! A juvie! :yes:
AND it landed right on Mere & Pere's favorite tree "The Eagle Tree" by the lake! :D
It was wonderful to see it land and then take off. No photos . . I just had to watch.
But "Chance Magnific" stayed on the tree long enough for over 30 pics. :woohoo:
Merci Sunnybird,
welcome back home "Chance Magnific" you are really "magnifique" !

As DN9, D32, D33 and many others were badly concerned this season by black flies without forgetting my sweeties DN7 and DN8 last year (RIP little ones).

From SOAR
Black flies once again torment
https://soarraptors.org/2019/06/black-f ... n-torment/
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:09 am

oh wonderful Sunnybird!
now sad and (very) angry news for New Jersey Peregrine Falcons...

cleaning personnel went to the building roof to do some cleaning. and they had the ""wonderful"" idea of spraying the 3 eyas with water !!!

that scared them, one jumped and landed on a lower window and the 2 others are missing. they can't be found on cameras.

Update by lady hawk: one eyas was fed by parents. the 2nd eyas is still not seen.

how can people be so stupid to do that?
All scaps are courtesy of
http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
or by photographers / videographers credited in my message
In love with Harriett and M Family !

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”