Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:12 am

amyklai wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:51 am
6.50a Can the NORTH cam be rebooted at WR?
Done!

Lynne
Topic Assistant

Post by Lynne » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:39 pm

2:37pm - WR North cam sputtering & pixelating...?need reboot?

Thanks for checking :bye 1:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm

Lynne wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Done!

And it isn't back and Surrey South is also down so I'm texting Ken to see if he can reboot the Wowza.

Added - I heard back from Ken, and he won't be able to reboot the Wowza until later tonight.

Lynne
Topic Assistant

Post by Lynne » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:11 pm

JudyB wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Lynne wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Done!

And it isn't back and Surrey South is also down so I'm texting Ken to see if he can reboot the Wowza.

Added - I heard back from Ken, and he won't be able to reboot the Wowza until later tonight.
:ty:

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:58 pm

5:57 pm Delta 2 zoomer cam controls are sticking and difficult to move. I tried logging off and back on to hopefully reset but didn't help.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:58 pm
5:57 pm Delta 2 zoomer cam controls are sticking and difficult to move. I tried logging off and back on to hopefully reset but didn't help.
I'll try rebooting them.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:55 pm

8:52pm......Don't know what is going on with the embedded cam views for the past day or so. When trying to click on YT and take a fullscreen s'cap they freeze and spinning circles appear. They seem to come back in a bit but it is impossible to get any s'caps from there. And with the rollback being so long now it is almost useless for finding anything. No one has that much time to try to find the particular thing they are looking for in that rollback now that it is so long. It was much better at a 4 hour rollback. And the cam controls are so slow to respond at times............really frustrating.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

DDuckies2
Zoomer

Post by DDuckies2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:04 pm

Per what Jean says in previous post- Who controls how long the play back option goes? Are there choices? In my opinion 4 to 6 hours would be so much better, as then at least we can find what we are looking for. :) .
:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 am

Jean wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:55 pm
8:52pm......Don't know what is going on with the embedded cam views for the past day or so. When trying to click on YT and take a fullscreen s'cap they freeze and spinning circles appear. They seem to come back in a bit but it is impossible to get any s'caps from there. And with the rollback being so long now it is almost useless for finding anything. No one has that much time to try to find the particular thing they are looking for in that rollback now that it is so long. It was much better at a 4 hour rollback. And the cam controls are so slow to respond at times............really frustrating.
DDuckies2 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:04 pm
Per what Jean says in previous post- Who controls how long the play back option goes? Are there choices? In my opinion 4 to 6 hours would be so much better, as then at least we can find what we are looking for. :) .
Jean, I will try to check with Ken later today to see if there has been any progress with updating the internet service at Delta 2 - at the very least, that might help with the cam controls. I have noticed that when I reload my live cams page for Surrey after doing a reboot, I have been getting a spinning circle on the cam I didn't reboot - which hadn't been an issue in the past. They usually both come up eventually, but it does seem to take longer.

As to the dvr, I'll check the YouTube admin page later today. In the past, all we've had is the option to turn on the dvr - and I suspect that still all we have. The increase to 12 hours is a YouTube "feature" - and I have not been able to find a way to ask about it on Google - all I get is how to watch YouTube TV. I can also try asking on the help forums - I didn't ever get a reply to the last question I had, but other people do get answers, and maybe someone there knows the answer to this. I'd love to have it as an option - that way we could have one cam recording for 12 hours in case something happened during the night or at some other point when no one was watching - but could more easily take screenshots from what we've just observed (which is what I'd do for Surrey if I could - if we have or get the option of setting the length for the rollback, it would be up to each cam's observer team to decide on a strategy).

I'll post if/when I learn anything - and if anyone can think of a way to google this that gets useful information, please let me know! Thanks!

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Thank you Judy! :)
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:53 am

amyklai wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:04 am
7.04a Can the WR cams all be rebooted?
Sorry - I'm just getting here. Do they still need to be rebooted, Amy?

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:57 am

Have a question about topic notifications from the forum. Beginning last evening I started getting email notifications of topic notifications. I have never gotten these before. But the problem is I continue to get the notifications even if I go to the forum to check. Also, it states I can click to no longer unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:...But I don't want to unsubscribe from all topics. What am I to do to not receive email notifications of these but to continue to see the notifications on the forum at the top of the page? Is there a setting for change the notification process? Hope this makes sense?
2019-06-19_6-49-51.jpg
2019-06-19_6-50-30.jpg
edit: 7:30 I am still receiving email notifications:
2019-06-19_8-29-45.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:12 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:57 am
Have a question about topic notifications from the forum. Beginning last evening I started getting email notifications of topic notifications. I have never gotten these before. But the problem is I continue to get the notifications even if I go to the forum to check. Also, it states I can click to no longer unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:...But I don't want to unsubscribe from all topics. What am I to do to not receive email notifications of these but to continue to see the notifications on the forum at the top of the page? Is there a setting for change the notification process? Hope this makes sense?2019-06-19_6-49-51.jpg2019-06-19_6-50-30.jpg

edit: 7:30 I am still receiving email notifications:
2019-06-19_8-29-45.jpg
I'm not sure if this will help, but the first thing I'd check is your Notification Options.

To do that, click on your name in the upper right corner of any page, then choose User Control Panel.

Click on the Board Preferences tab and you should see Edit Notification Options in the column on the left:
20190619_001.jpg
I might have some options you don't - ignore any minor differences, and make sure email is not checked for those notifications where you don't want it.

While I was looking at this, I also was reminded that you can both bookmark and subscribe to topics:
20190619_002.jpg
Is it possible that you accidentally clicked somewhere and have something both bookmarked and subscribed? You can see what you have in each category in the User Control Panel under the Overview tab:
20190619_003.jpg
20190619_003.jpg (21.63 KiB) Viewed 3267 times

I hope this helps. If not, please let me know, and I'll try to dig a bit deeper.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:13 am

Thanks so much, Judy, for the instructions. I am not sure how that happened but deselected all email notifications and now not showing any. Hopefully, this will work and will see. This is how the notifications now look with email option turned off.
2019-06-19_10-10-05.jpg

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:46 am

amyklai wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:40 am
6.40a Can the NORTH WR cam be rebooted?
It seems to be streaming now - does it still need a reboot? (Sorry about the delay - had some appointments this morning.)

Return to “Technical Help”