Deep Cove Winery Eagles, North Saanich - 2018/2019 Season

To store all archived 'Nests in BC - with Ground Observers' topics
sassyk
Content Provider

Deep Cove Winery Eagles, North Saanich - 2018/2019 Season

Post by sassyk » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:59 pm

Welcome to the Deep Cove Winery Eagles thread, formerly known as the Muse Winery Eagles, for the 2018/2019 season. This nest is on private property adjacent to the winery property near Deep Cove, within the Municipality of North Saanich, BC. The winery was previously the Muse Winery and the eagles have successfully fledged many eaglets over the past years. Unfortunately there were no eaglets in the nest this past season.

The nest tree is on the adjacent private property and the owners have asked that members of the public do not trespass on their property when visiting the nest area. The nest is very visible from the area outside the Deep Cove Winery gate as well as from their parking lot and the terrace Bistro. Please feel welcome to post your observations, photos, videos and discussion of these eagles if you visit their nest area.

Link to past seasons can be found here.
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program (WiTS)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Deep Cove Winery Eagles - 2018/2019 Season

Post by sassyk » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:24 am

I did a tour of the nests on the peninsula yesterday. There were no eagles seen or heard in the area. Both lots across the road from the winery have been sold so I'm assuming there will be some construction going on during the nesting season. The nest tree is actually on the property behind the winery and is far enough away from the water so hopefully the eagles won't be bothered by any construction that does happen.
IMG_8171 - Copy.JPG
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Last time I was out checking on eagle nests on the peninsula I didn't have time to go to the winery nest. I have contacted Elyse who said the eagles have been around more and more the last few weeks and they have seen them in the nest on and off. That's good news :thumlft:

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:19 pm

I visited the nest area today but did not see or hear any eagles in the area :(

IMG_0521 - Copy.JPG

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Deep Cove Winery Eagles, North Saanich - 2018/2019 Season

Post by sassyk » Wed May 01, 2019 12:26 pm

I visited the nest area yesterday but did not see or hear any eagles in the area. If they have eggs there could have been one lying low in the nest and it wasn't visible while we were there. I have sent an email to Elyse to get an update of the eagles' activities.
Deep Cove Winery Nest.JPG

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:03 pm

On May 15th my birding partner visited the nest site and didn't see or hear any eagles. The owner of the winery said she had seen the eagles at the nest every day for the past couple of weeks.

I visited the nest area on Wednesday; we did not see or hear any eagles in the area or any movement in the nest. My birding partner visited the winery while I was away and was told the eagles were seen every day. I have sent an email to Elyse to enquire if there are any eaglets in the nest.

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:17 pm

I stopped at the winery nest yesterday and did not see or hear any eagles in the area or any eaglets in the nest. I have sent another email to Elyse to enquire about the eagles but have not received a reply :(

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:30 am

David Hancock is pleased to invite all Hancock Wildlife Foundation volunteers and friends to celebrate

Fledgefest 2019

Sunday, August 18
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

RSVP REQUIRED BY BY AUGUST 1ST TO:
Rosana Inacio: [email protected]
or
Sharon (gemini): [email protected]
See details HERE

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:58 pm

On June 21st the owner Elyse said the eagles were usually not around during the day, but early morning amd late evening they were seen in the nest. They adults don't stay for long periods.

Unfortunately it appears that the eagles did not produce any offspring this season :( There was no activity in the nest and no adults seen or heard in the area when I drove around the area a few days ago :(

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:53 pm

A new thread for these eagles for the 2019/2020 season has been opened here. This thread is now locked.

Return to “Archive - Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”