Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Thu May 09, 2019 8:49 am

I've just heard from Ken and he's rebooted the server. The Surrey Reserve embedded cams are back - I haven't had a chance to check the rest yet.
Darlene wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:20 am
Delta2 keeps going down this morning.
Darlene, was it just the embedded cams going down, or are the direct access zoomer links to the Delta cams also going down? The embedded cams are a server issue, which the reboot hopefully solved - but if the cams themselves are also going down, Ken needs to know that so he can get the equipment on site rebooted. Thanks.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu May 09, 2019 8:56 am

8:54a
The embedded cams are streaming at H Mills..... thanks Ken ! :)

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu May 09, 2019 8:59 am

Thanks, Bev - Delta and White Rock were also streaming when I checked them a minute or two ago.

And thanks, Ken! :thumlft:

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi Judy, weird but I don’t see the post I put here yesterday. I am having lots of log-in trouble. Yesterday I tried to log-in to the forum on my iphone since it never stays connected and I was away from my ipad. For some reason my username and/or password were not recognized. After several failed attempts, it started asking me to use CAPTCHA which I did but it still wouldn’t work so I gave up. When I tried to open the forum on my ipad later that afternoon, I was logged off and had to reenter my username and password. They were recognized and I was able to log in. Lately I have been logged out on my ipad sometimes but never had a problem logging in. Today, I was once again logged out and got a message telling me I have exceeded the number of login attempts so I needed to verify with CAPTCHA again. I’m not sure why I’m being logged out so any help would be appreciated. I forgot to add that I have cleared my cache numerous times and done a complete shut down and still having these issues. It seems lately every time I use another device, when I come back to my ipad, I have to log in again. Thank you.
Marianne Beck
AKA: Marianne

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu May 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Kitcat11848 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:00 pm
Hi Judy, weird but I don’t see the post I put here yesterday. I am having lots of log-in trouble. Yesterday I tried to log-in to the forum on my iphone since it never stays connected and I was away from my ipad. For some reason my username and/or password were not recognized. After several failed attempts, it started asking me to use CAPTCHA which I did but it still wouldn’t work so I gave up. When I tried to open the forum on my ipad later that afternoon, I was logged off and had to reenter my username and password. They were recognized and I was able to log in. Lately I have been logged out on my ipad sometimes but never had a problem logging in. Today, I was once again logged out and got a message telling me I have exceeded the number of login attempts so I needed to verify with CAPTCHA again. I’m not sure why I’m being logged out so any help would be appreciated. I forgot to add that I have cleared my cache numerous times and done a complete shut down and still having these issues. It seems lately every time I use another device, when I come back to my ipad, I have to log in again. Thank you.
Marianne Beck
Hi Marianne - and I apologize for not getting back to you. I think your previous post was on the Apple thread, and today has been busy, so I didn't get back to that.

If you are using a different IP address, you'll need to log in again. I know my iPhone needs me to log in more often than my desktop computer, I think because my desktop always uses my home WiFi network, while my phone sometimes uses that, and sometimes uses whatever cell phone network is strongest. I don't know if that helps. That said, your user name and password should always work. The only thing I can think of is an issue with shift keys or caps lock or the different ways the different devices use different characters.

Anyone else have any ideas?? Thanks!

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Thanks Judy. I can understand my phone using a different ip address but that being said, it still doesn’t make any sense that my username/ password were not recognized. I even tried my phone here at the house and it still wouldn’t work. And now it seems every time I clear my safari cache and shut my ipad down, I have to log in again when I get back on. Very puzzling. I’m okay with that as long as it recognizes me and doesn’t keep needing me to verify. I hate CAPTCHA; I never seem to correctly identify what they want😂😂. Hopefully it was a forum quirk for me and will go away.
AKA: Marianne

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Fri May 10, 2019 1:28 pm

1:28pm..........Embedded cams at Delta2 continue to go off and on this morning. They don't stay down for long but this is still happening.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri May 10, 2019 2:17 pm

Jean wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:28 pm
1:28pm..........Embedded cams at Delta2 continue to go off and on this morning. They don't stay down for long but this is still happening.
2:17 am
Surrey embedded cams have been down more than up so far today.

Ken just rebooted the server - so hopefully that will help with both locations.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat May 11, 2019 6:50 am

6:48 am have been trying to watch the Delta 2 cams since 5:00 am this morning and they keep cycling on and off and seem to stay on for maybe 2 minutes to say 10 minutes. Right now both cams are offline. Will keep watch and if they hold, will attempt to zoom for the nest this morning.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat May 11, 2019 6:52 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:50 am
6:48 am have been trying to watch the Delta 2 cams since 5:00 am this morning and they keep cycling on and off and seem to stay on for maybe 2 minutes to say 10 minutes. Right now both cams are offline. Will keep watch and if they hold, will attempt to zoom for the nest this morning.
Are both the embedded cams and the zoomer links going down, Sandy?

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat May 11, 2019 7:15 am

JudyB wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:52 am
Sandy_W wrote:
Judy, I was waiting to see if the embedded cams would stay on before I logged in to zoom. So do not know about the zoomer cams...just the embedded cams.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat May 11, 2019 7:20 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:15 am
JudyB wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:52 am
Sandy_W wrote:
Judy, I was waiting to see if the embedded cams would stay on before I logged in to zoom. So do not know about the zoomer cams...just the embedded cams.
Thanks, Sandy - both embedded cams are up now; they only go back 15 minutes, so maybe Ken did a reboot of the server.

Or not - I just lost the cams. Unfortunately I can't tell if he's doing something. Other embedded cams are not down, so I'm guessing it's not a server reboot. I'll try rebooting the cams.

Update - I can't quickly connect with the cams. I was able to get a log in screen for West, but didn't get the control window, and I didn't even get a login screen for East. I'll send a message to Ken.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun May 12, 2019 5:01 am

Sunday, May 12th. The Delta 2 embedded cams were offline at 4:45 am and again offline at 4:57 am. Didn't try the zoomer cams though. Update: 5:15 am the embedded cams are cycling on and off.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun May 12, 2019 6:06 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:01 am
Sunday, May 12th. The Delta 2 embedded cams were offline at 4:45 am and again offline at 4:57 am. Didn't try the zoomer cams though. Update: 5:15 am the embedded cams are cycling on and off.
I just tried the Delta zoomer cams and was unable to access them, so all cams are down now.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun May 12, 2019 7:33 am

SueB wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:06 am
Sandy_W wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:01 am
I just tried the Delta zoomer cams and was unable to access them, so all cams are down now.
Sorry for the slow start today. I just checked and embedded cams are up, so Ken may have done something. Hopefully zoomer links are also working - will check on that in a while.

Return to “Technical Help”