Redding, CA - 2019 + 2020 - Bald Eagle Cam

To store all archived 'Other North American Eagle Cams' topics

Moderator: N Amer Eagle Cam TA's

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Re: Redding, CA - 2018-2019 - Bald Eagle Cam

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Meanwhile, I am just enjoying being able to see our eagles on a more regular basis in the Turtle Bay area!!!

I see Liberty up on the Christmas Tree almost every single day now! That doesn't get old at all!!!
lib on xmas-5.jpg

And Miss Liberty is seeing a lot of me lately, too! :mihihi:

lib on xmas-8.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:26 pm

pretty libby-4.jpg

It's been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster here with Spirit disappearing & then the Nest at Riverview falling down, but I have to say watching our 20 year old Liberty acting like a young teenager as she bonds with her New Mate certainly does make my heart happy! :rh:
lib & nm chase-4.jpg

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:51 am

Thanks a lot Terri to let us know what is happening in your area.
The 2018 season was a particular one, in many nest, loss of Belle from Shepredstown W.Virginia, Dad Decorah, Mom Decorah North and now Spirit :cry1: but , c'est la vie !
:huggie:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Update on our Redding Eagles:

It has been over 6 weeks since our beloved Spirit suddenly disappeared. Not knowing whether Spirit is dead or alive has made it very difficult to deal with & also has made it hard to move on...

We have been through difficult times here in the past, like losing Liberty's 1st mate, Patriot, in 2013 and then losing our sweet Solo in 2017. So, loss is something we have dealt with before, and undoubtedly something we will have to deal with again in the future. But, loss is not the only issue here, it is the not knowing that is making this loss even more challenging...

But, as we have done in the past, we will pull together & support each other & together we will find a way to get through these tough times.

I can't thank each of you enough for your love & support & patience as we work through this great loss of Liberty's wonderful mate, provider & protector...Mr. Spirit

Wherever you are Spirit, you will ALWAYS remain in our hearts!
spirit in all his glory.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Liberty's New Mate Naming Contest:

Thank you all so much for your patience!

I don't know if it will ever feel like the right time, but I guess it is to find a fitting name for Miss Liberty's New Mate...

Here is the link to the Google Form so everyone can submit their suggestion!

Click on the link so you can submit your suggestion!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sE8xwnw1go

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:27 am

Eaglewoman wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 pm
Update on our Redding Eagles:
It has been over 6 weeks since our beloved Spirit suddenly disappeared. Not knowing whether Spirit is dead or alive has made it very difficult to deal with & also has made it hard to move on… We have been through difficult times here in the past, like losing Liberty's 1st mate, Patriot, in 2013 and then losing our sweet Solo in 2017. So, loss is something we have dealt with before, and undoubtedly something we will have to deal with again in the future. But, loss is not the only issue here, it is the not knowing that is making this loss even more challenging… But, as we have done in the past, we will pull together & support each other & together we will find a way to get through these tough times. I can't thank each of you enough for your love & support & patience as we work through this great loss of Liberty's wonderful mate, provider & protector...Mr. Spirit Wherever you are Spirit, you will ALWAYS remain in our hearts! spirit in all his glory.jpg
Don't be so sad terri,
Spirit wherever he is is not alone and never will be.
At the worst, he is surrounded by the spirit of Solo and Patriot because he took care of his mother for the first one and of his mate for the second.
For me, Hell and Purgatory are on this earth and paradise in the other world.
Let me show you this strange photo, it was taken some days ago in the Berry College nest by Bev/IrishEyes, thanks to her.
There, 2/3 weeks ago, in two days they sadly lost their only 2 eaglets, the older was 8 days old.
In the picture, Dad is on the nest, have a look with a distance at his left leg, you see ?
In fact there is Nothing and certainly not what you think it was… Strange no ?
the Spririt of an eaglet ? Because we needed to see Something at that time….
2019-03-09_14h40_55.jpg
I'm sorry, idon't know why the first one was upside down !
But i know, now, Spirit is well and as Solo, Patriot and all others love one, one day we will meet them again... :rh:
:huggie:
Last edited by Philjo56France on Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:32 am

:huggie: Thanks so much Phil, I appreciate your words of sympathy & kindness...

I still have sadness in my heart, but I have been saddened many times before on this journey, like you have Phil, and all others who love & admire these gorgeous creatures with all of their hearts... :brknhrt:

Yet, somehow we find a way to keep going, to keep watching, to keep opening our hearts to these majestic beings, and to keep falling in love one eagle at a time! We do this at great risk because we know in our minds that these are wild animals, and we have absolutely no control over their fate! We know all too well that there will be moments of joy and moments of heartbreak, but that doesn't stop us!

Time & time again we wipe away the tears and climb on board once again, despite leaving a little piece of our hearts behind each time... :brknhrt:

So, yes, it will take time to fully heal from this great loss, but meanwhile we are getting on board with Liberty & her new mate & I am really enjoying watching them as they begin their life as our new Redding Eagle Pair...

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:35 am

We have narrowed our list of names for Liberty's New Mate down to the Top Ten Names!

Here is the link for you to vote for your favorite name for New Mate! Please only vote once!

The deadline to vote is Friday March 15th at 5pm!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... ZCwFdRZOEA

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:31 am

Eaglewoman wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:35 am
We have narrowed our list of names for Liberty's New Mate down to the Top Ten Names!
Here is the link for you to vote for your favorite name for New Mate! Please only vote once!
The deadline to vote is Friday March 15th at 5pm!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... ZCwFdRZOEA
I did it Terri, he must be a :thumlft: to mate with Liberty ! cause it won't be easy for him to replace Spirit and Patriot. I'm sure Liberty found something special in this new one that allow her to choose him. We are confident, she made the choice and her choice is the best. :huggie:
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Awesome Phil!!!

Yes I am confident that Liberty has chosen yet another wonderful mate! :rh:

We have the Top 3 Names now!!!! You will have one more chance to vote for your favorite from this Top 3 List:

Phoenix, Guardian & Valor were the Top 3 Vote Getters from Step 2!

Here is the link to vote for your favorite name from those 3 names!

https://goo.gl/forms/iPipLX0BlY0Ux9Q93

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:41 am

This time i choosed "Guardian" as he must guard the "Valors" of Liberty's previous mates Patriot and Spirit :huggie:
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Well, you chose well Phil!!!

Guardian was the name that was chosen for Liberty's new mate!

Here are the voting results:

Guardian- 40.4%
Valor- 33.9%
Phoenix- 25.7%

Thank you one & all for helping us to find a perfect name for Liberty's new mate!

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm

We received some sad news today that our friend & fellow Redding Eagle lover, Renae Tolbert, lost her battle with lung cancer this morning... R.I.P. Renae :cry1:

She was a member of HWF for several years & had her own facebook page called "Northern California Eagles".

She will be sorely missed but her photos & her love for the eagles will remain with us forever!
renae tribute.jpg

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:51 pm

Eaglewoman wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm
We received some sad news today that our friend & fellow Redding Eagle lover, Renae Tolbert, lost her battle with lung cancer this morning... R.I.P. Renae :cry1:
She was a member of HWF for several years & had her own facebook page called "Northern California Eagles".
She will be sorely missed but her photos & her love for the eagles will remain with us forever!
renae tribute.jpg
Now Renae knows, she met Patriot and Solo, may be Spirit too and she is flying with them. R.i.p Madam !
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Eaglewoman wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:06 pm
Well, you chose well Phil!!!
Guardian was the name that was chosen for Liberty's new mate!
Here are the voting results:
Guardian- 40.4%
Valor- 33.9%
Phoenix- 25.7%
Thank you one & all for helping us to find a perfect name for Liberty's new mate!
Now, Guardian, you have to deserve the name we sent to you. But i'm confident cause Liberty choose you, it won't be a problem for you... :luck:
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”