The Wildlife Corner

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

monieagl11

Re: EAGLE Chatters Nest

Post by monieagl11 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Thank you Lanie for posting the Poem. :rh: We are not really prepared for our animals life. Mostly it's been hidden from our view, its hard. Advance Technology show the Wonders and the Heartaches. All we Humans can do is learn, make sure that we don't add anything that Injures even accidentally. Worse causes Extinction! This is Their World, But Their World just happens to be Our World too. When we destroy theirs, We Are Destroying Ours too! :tt:

NestFriend

Post by NestFriend » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:59 pm

:sigh: :brknhrt: :grhug:
Mimi

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:55 am

:woohoo: Welcome Egg #3 :woohoo: Congratulation Mom Decorah and DM2 !
Decorah Eagles ~ Mom Decorah Lays 3rd Egg Tonight 7:05 PM 3.2.19
Lady Hawk
Tonight at approximately 7:05 PM Mom Decorah lays her third egg of the 2019 season!! Congratulations Mom & DM-2!! What awesome news! Time of delivery to be confirmed by Raptor Resource Project RRP. Thank you for watching!
Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgyAtE4wBbo
Merci Lady Hawk !
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:08 am

congratulations mom Decorah and DM2, some smile finally!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I've been so sad with what happening in all these nests... NEFL, Berry... we need hope. so much...

Smola eagles are in full preparation of their nest. we'll be on egg watch in 10 days or so.

DC nest ? I don't know what to think. TFL was very late last year.
All scaps are courtesy of
http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
or by photographers / videographers credited in my message
In love with Harriett and M Family !

NestFriend

Post by NestFriend » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:27 am

Terrific news from Decorah! Best wishes for those three eggs :rh: :rh: :rh: Thanks Phil. I may start watching this nest since our “super eaglets” at Ft Myers are so advanced for their age, I don’t think they will be around too long for us to enjoy. :rh: :rh: :) i’ve never followed a nest with 3 eaglets, so i’m not so sure if I’m up to having that experience. :w00t:

Pascal. I hope the Baron and Baroness at Smola don’t cover the camera with sticks as they did last year :D
Mimi

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:21 am

Eggcellent news at Decorah! Thanks, Phil, for posting the video. Mom had her usual 3. I don't know if it's just me, but it has seemed that Mom D has been in rather a bad mood for awhile; it just seems that she has not been very relaxed. Now that she has her 3, hopefully she will settle in to relaxed brooding.

Pascale, yes, it has been tough so far with the tragedies at NEFL and Berry. I didn't realize egg watch will be coming right up at Smola; I can't wait! You and LadyHawk do a fantastic job moderating and posting for the Smola nest.

Nestfriend, I highly recommend Decorah. It was my first ever eagle nest, and it has been such an interesting one. Only 4% of eagles lay 3 eggs. 3 of the nests that I watch currently have 3 eggs - Decorah, Fort St. Vrain (Platteville, CO), and Trio nest. The Trio nest in Illinois is so interesting with 2 males and Starr, the female, and now they have 3 eggs; if all 3 hatch, it will be a full house!

Monieagle, I so agree with your comments about humans and nature.

Eagleslanding, hang in there with the cold.

Happy Sunday, everyone!
Laniebelle
Remembering Dad Decorah, the greatest eagle Dad ever
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Interesting article about eagles at Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee; the article also mentions the Decorah nest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/28/opin ... -lake.html
Laniebelle
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:40 pm

The Duke nest is back with eggs. Hope all goes well this time. Its on a lovely estate in New Jersey around an hour out of New York City. They give tours of the estate. You know one of the great estates of America.

Yes it is not just cold here where I am. But most of the northern part of the United States is in the deep freeze. Montana where I watch my Montana eagles is minus 54F. Decorah Eagles nest is minus 29-30F. now. And we are getting Monday - 15 degrees F. And it will go on east of here to Pennsylvania. And on. Pretty much most of the northern half of the country has been and is or will be in the deep freeze. Not just me. So much for global warming. My Montana eagles please wait to lay your eggs. It will be much warmer soon.

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Hope all goes well this year at the Duke Nest. You know, I grew up in NJ, but we never visited the Duke estate.

Here's an interesting article that summarizes the history of the Trio nest:
https://tinyurl.com/y6on6gcq
Laniebelle

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:20 pm

You know I lived in NYC for 5 or 6 years. And before I moved there I thought New Jersey and New York were busy and industrial complex states. But New Jersey is truly a beautiful state. I can see why they call it the garden state there along the Atlantic ocean.
Also much of New York is very beautiful along the Hudson Valley and throughout. But yes alot of time where we live we don't visit or go see the nice places to visit. I visited the empire state builing and world trade center only once and that was when a family member visited me.

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:08 pm

From yesterday at Dale Hollow around 13h38

:woohoo: :hi: :hatch: DH6 :woohoo: !
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

NestFriend

Post by NestFriend » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:00 am

:wave:
I just saw this picture Desiree Deliz took on Saturday (03/02) and just knew I had to share it :)
AFD89988-8BF7-4FBE-9371-A0F382252616.jpeg
Credit Desiree Deliz
Mimi

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:48 am

:thumlft: Mimi !

Last news from Pot Plant Owl
2019-03-06_09h44_49.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/potplantowl/
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:45 am

Thanks, Mimi, for posting Desiree's photo. It's a beauty, as all of hers are. Love the expressions on our two E's and Mom up there on the branch supervising.

Phil, good to see the positive report on Pappa.
Laniebelle

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 pm

Interesting story about a rescue of an eagle stuck high in a tree in Illinois.

https://tinyurl.com/y45wlsmy
Laniebelle

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”