Redding, CA - 2019 + 2020 - Bald Eagle Cam

To store all archived 'Other North American Eagle Cams' topics

Moderator: N Amer Eagle Cam TA's

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Re: Redding, CA - 2018-2019 - Bald Eagle Cam

Post by Eaglewoman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:14 pm

JudyB~I deleted my cookies & cleared my data browsing history but it still won't allow me to post my photos here?

Any ideas?

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:59 am

Eaglewoman wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:14 pm
JudyB~I deleted my cookies & cleared my data browsing history but it still won't allow me to post my photos here?

Any ideas?
Hi Terri, i sent you a MP for before it works good for you !
and may be it will be easier to contatc JudyB here viewtopic.php?f=66&t=33
:huggie:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Thank you Phil for your help with this issue!

I went down to check on Liberty & her new mate at Riverview this morning! The Golf Course is still closed after we received 10-12 inches of snow in some parts of Redding this week!

There were so many downed trees & fallen branches at the golf course! It looked like a tornado went through there! :(

When I first got down there, I spotted Liberty! She looked big like she was carrying egg(s)!

Then, I realized that she was sitting in her Nest Tree right next to where her nest was! :( It just broke my heart in two to see her up there trying to figure out what had happened to her nest?!?

Anyway, she wasn't sad about it, but for some reason it really got to me & I started tearing up a bit. It's just been an emotional week here with Spirit's disappearance & then the nest falling down!

Here is the video & I apologize for the sobbing in the beginning...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9VBuLm ... PDcjxTZQgo

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi Terry, no need to apologize, i understand so well what is the feeling you are crossing now, almost once a month i cross the same...
I'm so sad for her and for you too :ohmy: but what to do :dunno:
Just :luck: and pray for them
:huggie:
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:27 am

Eaglewoman wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Any ideas?
It appears that the pictures have to be less than 3000 pixels wide or they won't post - we haven't found why yet, because that's not how we have things set up to work - but it seems to be at least part of what's happening.

A thought for a way around this until we get it fixed - I know you post many of your pictures on Facebook - I think Facebook saves the images in a smaller size than what you upload, so if you download the images from Facebook, you may be able to attach those smaller versions of the pictures here. Or if you have a photo editing program, if you can make sure the pictures are less than 3000 pixels wide and less than 4 MB, they should work (though we've had a couple of test pictures that didn't - it's a very annoying little bug :banghead: )

On another topic, is it going to be possible to get one of the cameras on the old nest turned on? Or are they on and we don't have the current link posted? Thanks!

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:17 pm

Thanks so much JudyB! I think that might work using the ones I put on facebook! :thumlft:

Unfortunately Turtle Bay opted out of being involved with the Eaglecam so it has been disconnected... We really didn't know where they were going to nest this year & assumed they would return to Riverview so we couldn't invest too much $ into the Project with so many unknowns!

Here is Liberty sitting in the Nest Tree where her nest should be...
lib perched by remains of nest at rv.jpg
Here is the remains of the Nest Tree & you can see all of the snow on the ground! It rarely snows in Redding & if it does it usually doesn't stick for too long!
Nest Tree at RV after snowstorm.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Yup that worked Judyb!!!!

Here are some shots of Liberty with her new mate at Riverview. We have decided to wait a bit before holding a Naming Contest for this new male because we are still upset about the disappearance of our dear Spirit... It appears that Liberty has accepted this male as her new mate so we will get on board with her soon. Just need a little time to wrap our brains around all of this & mourn our loss of Spirit if he is truly gone...
liberty with new mate at rv.jpg
liberty with new mate at rv-2.jpg

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:35 am

Hi Terri, beautiful pics
I just saw your last videos from turtle bay nest, is it the Solo's one ?
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi Everyone!

Well I have some wonderful news to report!!!

Liberty & her new mate have returned to the Turtle Bay Nest!!! (Yes Phil, this is the same nest where Solo was raised, but Lib lost her first clutch of eggs that year & didn't lay her 2nd clutch until late March! So, poor Solo was in there through the very hot month of June, when normally the eaglets fledge in the 1st week of June & can go to the water to cool off!)

I went to Riverview in morning & then drove all over town looking for them yesterday with no luck? Butt, then I took one more drive by the TB nest at 5:15 & saw both eagles there!!!!!

I ran down the trail & took some pics & videos before it got dark!
lib in nest back at tb.jpg
lib & new mate at tb nest.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:27 pm

What an emotional rollercoaster we have been on this past week! Spirit suddenly disappears? A snowstorm in Redding drops 8-14 inches in town? The Riverview nest falls down? Liberty has accepted a new mate? What a whirlwind week!!!

Sadly this wonderful moment of Liberty returning to her old nest at Turtle Bay is bittersweet due to the sudden disappearance of our sweet Spirit :( We haven't given up on you Mr. Spirit! :brknhrt:

But, I can't tell you how happy it made me to see our lovely Miss Liberty hunkered down in her old nest at Turtle Bay!!!

Be still my heart! :rh:
lib hunkered down in tb nest.jpg

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:26 am

Merci Terri for your four last beautiful videos !
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Sorry I have been a bit out of touch lately folks!

Our Redding Eagles have been keeping me busy these last few weeks!

They worked on the Turtle Bay Nest for about a week & then we got some heavy rain & winds here for several days & I haven't seen them bring in a stick in a while now?

Sadly, our dear Spirit is still missing? I have not seen him since January 26th?!?

I would think that if he were alive he would be trying to be back with his mate of 6 years, Miss Liberty & regain his territory?!?

The unknown is making it tough to deal with :cry1:

In the past when we lost one of our beloved eagles, we knew exactly what happened to them & we were even able to recover their bodies...

So, it is hard to mourn & move on when we just don't know one way or another if he is still alive or not?

Liberty is still bonding with New Mate & spending time along the river in the Turtle Bay area. New Mate can often be seen perched above or near the Turtle Bay Nest, while Liberty is seen most often on top of the Christmas Tree!

Liberty preening on Christmas Tree...
pretty libby-6.jpg
New Mate perched near TB Nest...

new mate on guard.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:06 pm

I have seen both Liberty & New Mate on the Christmas Tree together on several occasions...
new mate spotted me.jpg
liberty & NM on xmas tree-4.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:10 pm

A few more looks at "New Mate", we are going to have a Naming Contest soon so we can find a fitting name for him! We just need a minute to process all of this & then we will move on just as Miss Liberty has been able to do! It's all about hormones & reproduction!

new mate sticks the landing-5.jpg
new mate on guard-7.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:18 pm

In 2017 when Liberty & Spirit's nest fell down at Riverview Golf Course, she was able to lay a 2nd clutch at the Turtle Bay nest.
She didn't lay those eggs until the middle of March, and only one of those eggs hatched. That was our dear Solo who ended up dying from extreme dehydration on June 25th after a week of extremely high temps 110+ Farenheit for a week straight!

So, at this point, we don't know if Liberty will lay a 2nd clutch this season? With Spirit gone & Liberty bonding with a New Mate, that makes the possibility a little slimmer I would think? I guess their cycles have to be in sync with each other to make that happen, and we just don't know where they are at in their cycles right now?

They were seen mating on several occasions before the 1st clutch was laid, but I haven't seen them mating these past few weeks?
I also haven't seen them doing Nestorations lately?

What I have seen is a lot of trilling & a lot of flying & chasing each other in the sky! Definitely pair bonding activities!
lib & new mate flying-3.jpg
lib & new mate flying.jpg

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”