Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
Jean
Topic Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 am

10:46am.........All cams at Delta2 going on and off. At first it was the embedded cams only, but now the zoomer cams are too..............And the embedded cams are showing footage from previous time.

Also, zoomer cams back right now, but tending to run away on me.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:56 am

Jean wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 am
10:46am.........All cams at Delta2 going on and off. At first it was the embedded cams only, but now the zoomer cams are too..............And the embedded cams are showing footage from previous time.

Thanks for posting, Jean. If the zoomer cams are going down, the problem is at the site. I'll send Ken an email and let him know there are issues, but I'm not sure if there's anything he can do.

And he may just have done a reboot of something - both embedded cams just went offline briefly, and the time on them is now only a couple of seconds apart - and current.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:02 am

JudyB wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:56 am
Jean wrote:

Thanks for posting, Jean. If the zoomer cams are going down, the problem is at the site. I'll send Ken an email and let him know there are issues, but I'm not sure if there's anything he can do.

And he may just have done a reboot of something - both embedded cams just went offline briefly, and the time on them is now only a couple of seconds apart - and current.

Judy, the zoomer cams are back.........right now it is the embedded one causes the trouble.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:28 am

Jean wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:02 am
JudyB wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:56 am
Jean wrote:

Judy, the zoomer cams are back.........right now it is the embedded one causes the trouble.
Thanks, Jean - will try a reboot in a minute or two.

12:06 pm
East was running behind so I rebooted it; West seems OK for now so I'm letting it run.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:42 pm

FRIDAY , FEBRUARY 15, 2019

Good Afternoon Judy !

This just showed up when I was adding a s'cap on the Sequoyah nest ..I closed it and it took me 2 attempts to post my s'caps .. but I did it ! :)
screenshot_30.jpg
Thanks
Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:36 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Good Afternoon Judy !

This just showed up when I was adding a s'cap on the Sequoyah nest ..I closed it and it took me 2 attempts to post my s'caps .. but I did it ! :)

screenshot_30.jpg

Thanks
Bev
Bev, did you need to delete and re-add the picture each of those tries, or was the picture there?

I've been doing some testing on the practice thread (see viewtopic.php?f=67&t=51&p=154746#p154673 and following posts), and I've discovered that I have trouble with large pictures (1 MB or more, which is bigger than most screenshots) - but not always.

When a large picture doesn't load, I see a status bar like this:
20190215_001.jpg
20190215_001.jpg (4.41 KiB) Viewed 3214 times

And then when I get the error message like the one you posted, after I close the error message, I'm left with this:
20190215_002.jpg

And as you can see, there's no "place inline" button, and it won't come in as an attachment if I click Submit - it just vanishes.

I've heard back from David Hathaway, and looking at the settings he sent me, I'm thinking the issue may not be the size of the picture as much as the amount of time it takes for the software to upload it and do whatever processing it needs to do to make it ready to post. He hasn't changed any settings - so there must be something in the new version of the forum software that's doing something.

We will continue to work on this, and with luck we'll figure it out soon!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:00 pm

JudyB wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:36 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Good Afternoon Judy !

screenshot_30.jpg

Thanks
Bev
Bev, did you need to delete and re-add the picture each of those tries, or was the picture there?

I've been doing some testing on the practice thread (see viewtopic.php?f=67&t=51&p=154746#p154673 and following posts), and I've discovered that I have trouble with large pictures (1 MB or more, which is bigger than most screenshots) - but not always.

When a large picture doesn't load, I see a status bar like this:
20190215_001.jpg

And then when I get the error message like the one you posted, after I close the error message, I'm left with this:

20190215_002.jpg

And as you can see, there's no "place inline" button, and it won't come in as an attachment if I click Submit - it just vanishes.

I've heard back from David Hathaway, and looking at the settings he sent me, I'm thinking the issue may not be the size of the picture as much as the amount of time it takes for the software to upload it and do whatever processing it needs to do to make it ready to post. He hasn't changed any settings - so there must be something in the new version of the forum software that's doing something.

We will continue to work on this, and with luck we'll figure it out soon!
Thanks Judy ..All I did was close the error .. I never got what you got... and it took me two tries to add my s'caps.. forum is slow to add s'caps !

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:54 pm

Saturday ,February 16, 2019

5:27pm Nest time Good Evening/night Judy........Reporting that Yolande tried the S Zoomer Cam at H MIIls and it is streaming! :thumlft:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:19 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:54 pm

5:27pm Nest time Good Evening/night Judy........Reporting that Yolande tried the S Zoomer Cam at H MIIls and it is streaming! :thumlft:
Thanks, Bev and Yolande! I've sent Ken a text to let him know and ask if there's something he needs to do so the signal is sent to YouTube so it can show up on our Live Cams page.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:26 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:19 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:54 pm

Thanks, Bev and Yolande! I've sent Ken a text to let him know and ask if there's something he needs to do so the signal is sent to YouTube so it can show up on our Live Cams page.
You are welcome and thanks so much Judy! :huggie:

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:25 am

Morning! Something minor...but irritating... ;)

When I log in, the system will not remember my username and password, so each has to be entered each time. I know it doesn't really take that much time to do it, but it would be nice not to have to.

Thanks!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:03 pm

2:01pm Nest Time ....

The S Embedded cam is streaming on the H Mills :hooray: Thank you Ken !

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Yolande wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:25 am

When I log in, the system will not remember my username and password, so each has to be entered each time. I know it doesn't really take that much time to do it, but it would be nice not to have to.

Thanks!
If you haven't recently, you may need to remove the cookies set by HWF - there are instructions in Helpful Hints (and a link to there in my signature line). And (asking just because I forget from time to time) - did you click the Remember Me box after you logged in?

Also, if you log in from different devices that do not share the same internet connection, you may need to log in - if I was online during my lunch hour at work, I'd need to log in again when I got home, and vice versa.

And if your browser is set to delete your browsing history, it might be deleting your cookies, depending on the browser and how it's set.

Please let me know if you have questions - or if you've done all that and it's still not working. Thanks!

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:13 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:35 pm
Yolande wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:25 am

Thanks!
If you haven't recently, you may need to remove the cookies set by HWF - there are instructions in Helpful Hints (and a link to there in my signature line). And (asking just because I forget from time to time) - did you click the Remember Me box after you logged in?

Also, if you log in from different devices that do not share the same internet connection, you may need to log in - if I was online during my lunch hour at work, I'd need to log in again when I got home, and vice versa.

And if your browser is set to delete your browsing history, it might be deleting your cookies, depending on the browser and how it's set.

Please let me know if you have questions - or if you've done all that and it's still not working. Thanks!
And it works! :D Thanks so much Judy....!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:30 pm

Excellent!

Return to “Technical Help”