Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
Jean
Topic Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Just to add to Sue's message.......Both the WEST embedded and zoomer cams at Delta are showing the incorrect time. They are running about a half hour ahead of real time.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:43 pm

SueB wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:02 pm
Good Afternoon All! The Delta 2 West Embedded Cam is showing a time on it that is ahead of what the real time is. Here are a couple s'caps, one of the E Cam and one of the W Cam. I captured these at the same time and it was noon time at the nest. The E Cam is correct, but the W Cam is ahead by 36 minutes.
The cams are configured to check their time with a standard clock once an hour, Sue and Jean; it was about noon when you posted, so I'd like to wait until after 1 pm to see if this resolves itself automatically before I try messing with the settings. If it's still off then, I'll reset it to my computer's time (corrected for time zone, of course :) ).

The White Rock embedded cams are all streaming.

I rebooted Surrey North, and the Surrey Reserve cams are now both streaming.

Off to check on Harrison Mills - which are likely down due to a power outage.

Added - I also cannot connect with the HM cams - and there's a power outage listed for the usual area near the resort. With all this wind, it's surprising that we don't have more outages - and I'm keeping fingers crossed.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Update:

Delta 2 West's clock reset itself around 1:00, so both are now showing the current time.

Surrey North embedded cam is offline, which doesn't surprise me because I logged into the cam directly with the direct access link, and the signal from it was freezing, probably because of the wind. We have an eagle in the nest (I think the male whom we've named Sur) - and he's holding on tightly!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:28 pm

The good news is that the forum is working beautifully ..I didn't have to login in again today..and I am posting on non Hancock nests also! :bravo:

Thank your Judy and all ! :grhug:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:50 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:28 pm
The good news is that the forum is working beautifully ..I didn't have to login in again today..and I am posting on non Hancock nests also! :bravo:

Excellent news! I was so busy checking cameras when I finally got here that I didn't notice I also didn't need to log in. :D

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:57 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:50 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:28 pm

Excellent news! I was so busy checking cameras when I finally got here that I didn't notice I also didn't need to log in. :D
It is just marvellous :hooray: :ty:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:06 am

Good morning, everyone!

The power is still out at Harrison Mills, but the other embedded cams all seem to be streaming.
20190210_001.jpg

It looks as if it's still pretty chilly in BC, which must make it harder for the crews restoring power - but it doesn't seem as windy, at least at Surrey Reserve - and that's what the forecast I saw for the Vancouver area said as well.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:08 am

Hi again! I've heard from a number of people who said they didn't have any or as many issues staying logged in yesterday - which is great news!

But that was a pretty small sample - if you are still having trouble logging in or staying logged in even though you clicked "Remember Me" - please let me know. You can post here, send me a PM, or email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:11 am

Thanks Judy for both posts !

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 am

Good Morning All! The Delta E Embedded Cam is spinning at 9:06 am....everything else looks good.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:26 am

SueB wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:18 am
Good Morning All! The Delta E Embedded Cam is spinning at 9:06 am....everything else looks good.
It's looking good now, and the time isn't far behind West - so I'm hoping either Ken did a reboot or it's recovered on its own. If it goes back to spinning, please send me a PM as I see those faster than posts here. Thanks!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:50 am

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2019

Good Morning Judy

5:36am Nest time

The SR N cam is down..has spinning circle !
'
Thank you

Bev

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm

DDuckies2 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:51 pm
WHITE ROCK ZOOMER SOUTH CAM not loading . :bye 1:
Ken will need to get in touch with someone at White Rock to reboot the equipment on site - not sure how soon he'll be able to reach the person who does that, but it's on his list.

I also mentioned that Harrison Mills South did not come back after the power outage, and he said it may be a while before he can do anything about that, so I think we all need to send good thoughts for the cam to pop back up on its own, as that does sometimes happen. :luck:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:43 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:23 pm

I also mentioned that Harrison Mills South did not come back after the power outage, and he said it may be a while before he can do anything about that, so I think we all need to send good thoughts for the cam to pop back up on its own, as that does sometimes happen. :luck:
Thanks Judy For mentioning the H Mills South to Ken and for his comments

Hugs

Bev

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:04 am

:rh: THURSDAY , FEBRUARY 14, 2019

:rh: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE! :rh:

Good Morning Judy ..I had the HTTP error pop up this morning when I was adding a s'cap .. I deleted it by clicking in the X in the upper right corner this will close it and I was able to add my s'cap.

Sorry I didn't take a s'cap of it and thought you would like to know .

Bev

Return to “Technical Help”