The Wildlife Corner

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

laniebelle

Re: EAGLE Chatters Nest

Post by laniebelle » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:44 pm

So sorry to hear about the great black hawk. Glad to hear that Poppa has been spotted and seems to be doing okay.

E9 nightshirts sound like a winning idea!

Pascale, thanks for posting that precious photo of your dog, Elida. Such a wonderful name, and she looks beautiful, too, just like Elida the Eagle.
Laniebelle
Remembering Dad Decorah, the greatest eagle Dad ever
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:24 am

laniebelle wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:44 pm
So sorry to hear about the great black hawk. Glad to hear that Poppa has been spotted and seems to be doing okay.
E9 nightshirts sound like a winning idea!
Pascale, thanks for posting that precious photo of your dog, Elida. Such a wonderful name, and she looks beautiful, too, just like Elida the Eagle.
Like this recto/verso one by example Lanie
20190202_093318.jpg
20190202_093350.jpg
What a marvellous eagle ! and my nights are so quiet with him so close to me...
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:14 am

beautiful Philippe !

yesterday a DNR eagle and DME2 - new male at Decorah - were spotted with ice on their beak and eyebrows. I heard temperatures are getting higher now :rh: :grhug:
Stay safe eagles and wildlife !
All scaps are courtesy of
http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
or by photographers / videographers credited in my message
In love with Harriett and M Family !

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:15 am

I forgot to announce, 3rd eggs at Dale Hollow ! Congratulations to River and Obey. Still some problems with the cams there.. http://daleholloweaglecam.net/
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:30 pm

Good for River & Obey.

Yes, I've seen some photos of eagles with frost/ice on their eyelashes/brows. It seems to be warming up in Iowa, anyway.

Philjo, I love your shirt verso/recto! I want one! Do you really have it, or, I think you may be teasing. All those wonderful photos of our E9 up to his antics on the back - so cute.

I went to a nearby reservoir this afternoon; I saw about 25 bald eagles! Mostly juvies or subs, but some adults. They were quite a distance away, so no decent photos, but what a wonderful joy to see them.
Laniebelle
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:01 am

Oh Lanie,
Me ? teasing ? never with E9 … :mihihi:
In 2017 i ordered many Tshirt with the beautiful pics i got from E9 and i asked also many people if i can use their beautiful pics. I was Lucky, all said "of course yes !" even Desiree Delizz, thanks to all of them
A new one here recto/verso too
20190203_135126.jpg
20190203_135100.jpg
the third one isn't an eagle, only "Canaye"
20190203_135132.jpg
Nice to be able to see so much BE not far from your house Lanie :thumlft:
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:26 am

I don't know if it's the right place but well.
one eagle lover, following NEFL and doing great videos, Hope aka birdbrain56 just passed away. :brknhrt: :cry1: :cryhanky:

I'm sure Hope that now you meet many beautiful eagles and fly with them. :eag: :eag:

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:20 am

So thank you Philjo on the articles on the black hawk. So far away from home. All the way to Maine from her native home of central or south America. A ride on a plane perhaps. So I can see how she/he ran into feet issues in cold Portand, Maine. So far away.

So Canaye I have not seen him/her before. I have a cat Lily with all white hair and one blue one green eye. She is the daughter of a barn cat out of a litter of six. I lived across from a vegetable stand in Ohio at one time. The owners had a farm. With a beautiful sunflower field. They had the litter in a crate at the stand. FREE KITTENS. About the third time I saw them I fell in love. Lily is still with me and now a lovely leisurely house cat no longer in Ohio. She is now on my lap and the watcher of the house.
How did you meet your cat, Canaye?

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Pascale, very sorry to hear about Birdbrain 56. She created many beautiful videos.

Eagleslanding, thanks for your story of Lily. Can you post a photo of her?

Philjo, another terrific T. You were very clear to get those made; what a great idea! I just received a t-shirt with Dad Decorah in flight - so beautiful.

Phil, I love your kitty! So pretty. Is she a tortoiseshell?
Laniebelle

NestFriend

Post by NestFriend » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:32 pm

:rh: I believe all of your pets are the luckiest, just by having you all in their lives :rh:

Pascale, Elida is as adorable as the WT eagle she was named after :love:

Phil, you have a very good taste in pictures for tees :love: your cat is a beauty too. She looks very comfy there.

Sounds like Lily is a beauty, as Laniebelle, I would also like to see a picture of her.

Birdbrain56, may you RIP.
Mimi

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:56 am

Thanks to all of you :huggie:
To Birdbrain56/Hope, i didn't know you but yous had to be a "belle person" to love eagles, birds, animals and nature like you did.
As you used to follow also NEFL, now you know the Juliet's secret and met also our tiny NE20 and certainly so many others... RIP dear Hope.

Mimi, i haven't a good taste for tees, i was Lucky to find E9, that is so simple with him/her.

Lanie, i was sure you must have one and that your choice would be Dad Decorah… and Canaye is a Tortoisehell

And yes Eagleslanding so sad for a southern bird like this black Hawk to fly so nothernly and died beaten by the cold weather

Canaye is 9 years old, she was found by a friend of mine, in an electric box with 2 siblings as he noticed their mom wasn't seen for more than one day. She never returned even after babies were taken away, i have the choice of 3. Canaye came toward me and that's it, she made the choice like did my last dog (rip beautiful friend). When i was using my computer, at my desk, she used to stay sleeping Inside the pocket of my jogging jacket. Voilà !

Last. i took a picture of SE21's nest the Sea Eagle from Sydney, first time i saw them there...
2019-02-04_08h26_46.jpg
For more, take a look here viewtopic.php?p=149761#p149761
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Trio's and Decorah eagles in for an Ice Storm Warning Wednesday into Thursday. How do eagles stay de-iced. But I guess they can handle it.

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:54 pm

Philjo, so special that you were Canaye's chosen person, and that you rescued one of the kitten orphans. I think it's such an extra special blessing when the animal chooses the person.

The birds in Sydney are so beautiful; parrots of some kind?

For those that follow Decorah North, good information shared on RRP's DEC North webcam page:
Nestorations, Courtship and Bonding
Plus – Info on the ID and names of the current pair

We are lucky to get to observe the eagles at this nest, DNF and Mr North, for so long before egg laying time. We’ve seen many interactions between them. Many of them are part of their courtship and bonding activities. When photoperiodism (behavioral changes associated with longer daylight hours) begins to occur, bonding and courtship activities begin to increase and will intensify as they get closer to the time to produce eggs. Working on the nest is a bonding behavior for eagle pairs. While we may think they are fighting or "arguing" over stick placement, this is also part of their bonding, including when they place a stick together. Activities such as these nestorations, as well as things like aerial displays, perching together on a branch, sharing food, the male bringing food to the female, beaking, vocalizing back and forth and together, rubbing or stroking – even pecking - each other, hunting together, and of course copulation, are all part of their courtship and all help to strengthen their bond and trigger reproduction. We should look for increases in the behaviors we can see on cam in the coming weeks. Mr North may bring in food for DNF and more grasses and sticks. DNF may start to become more excited and vocal about these offerings from him. We may hear more vocalizations between them. It’s an exciting and interesting time! 😊
More reading on Courtship and Bonding: https://www.raptorresource.org/2016/02/ ... -creation/
Laniebelle

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 am

there is an egg in Sauces island, West end should follow soon.

there is now in front of our eyes a GHO trying to take over a red tailed hawk nest at Presidio nest (San Francisco). Mom GHO laid one egg, but mom RTH doesn't agree with that and attacked her in daylight while she was incubating... RTH already attacked her before. the egg was left uncovered for a while until mom GHO returned to brood it for the night.
GHO are far more powerful than RTH, even than eagles and this might end badly for the hawk :no:

:vid: of the RTH attack on the GHO, thanks to Lady Hawk
https://youtu.be/dSOiIUprilA

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:16 am

From yesterday 2019 Feb 07
2019-02-08_11h07_31.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/potplantowl/