This forum is for discussion and photos of panda bears

Moderator: Panda TA's

queenie
Topic Assistant

Re: Giant Pandas at Zoo Atlanta ~ Lun Lun-Yang-Ya Lun & Xi Lun Family

Post by queenie » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:17 pm

2019-01-19_205503.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Many of you who have followed the giant pandas for a long time may remember that Lun Lun has always refused to eat sweet potatoes. Yang Yang and all but one of Lun Lun’s offspring love to eat sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes were always one food item we knew Lun Lun wouldn’t steal from her cubs once they started eating solid foods. But, Lun Lun has never liked to be predictable, so I really shouldn’t be surprised that she recently decided sweet potatoes aren’t that bad. In fact, she really likes them. It usually takes a long time for pandas to try a new food item, but I think 19 years may be a record. Check out our social networks later today to see a video Danica captured this week of Lun Lun chowing down on sweet potato.
Heather R.
Senior Keeper, Carnivores
~~~~~
In today's panda update, Mama Lun Lun decides she'll try (and even decide to like!) a new food item! Heather R. shares,
with a 28 sec. video by Danica W. >
:vid: https://www.facebook.com/ZooATL/videos/ ... 500682283/ 28 sec. (photo in next below post)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2019-01-19_205517.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
I haven’t worked the giant panda routine for a few weeks, and it has been even longer since I had a chance to train with the cubs on their open-mouth cue. Much to my surprise, Ya Lun opened her mouth right away when asked! For Xi Lun, it took a couple attempts of me asking her and presenting the cue for her to remember what I was asking. She, of course, remembered and opened her mouth big and wide. As I’m sure we have mentioned before, the training we do at the Zoo is to provide the animals the ability to participate in their own health care. We can ask for various body parts or body positioning so we can examine those parts without having to put them under anesthesia, and they get some special food rewards in return.
Shauna
Keeper II, Mammals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2019-01-19_205537.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Giant pandas have some of the strongest jaws of all terrestrial carnivores. Their ability to crush through tough bamboo comes from those strong jaw muscles, as well as the location at which the jaw muscles attach. A pandas’ jaw muscles are attached at their sagittal crest. For those of you with dogs at home, this is the long, thin bone or bump at the top of their head. For comparison, human jaw muscles are attached near the temples of our heads, which is just one of the reasons our bite force isn’t as nearly as strong. No matter how cute and harmless they might look, giant pandas pack a big bite, even at a young age. This is why we don’t share spaces with them and treat them with respect for what they are: bears! When you get the chance to watch the giant pandas eat, you can see their ears wiggling and eyes moving while they chew because of the location of those jaw muscles. It’s the most evident when Yang Yang eats because he’s got those big ol’ ears moving around.
Danica W.
Keeper II, Mammals
(Photo by Danica W.)
Behold the birds of the heaven, that they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not ye of much more value then they? ~ ASV Matt. 6:26

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:17 pm

1-19 za cub ya lun.jpg
:rh: ^ click 2X biggest
Cubbie Ya Lun vs. Sugar Cane :cloud9:
In a previous post, we mentioned Xi Lun's distaste for sugarcane. We joke in the giant panda building that sugarcane is where pandas harness all of their power from (not true, as it is just an occasional treat), so everyone was a bit surprised to find that she didn't like it. Ya Lun, on the other hand absolutely loves it, and even at her age has no problem crushing through a frozen piece of it. This morning we gave her a piece while Xi Lun was munching away on some bamboo. I think they both enjoyed the time spent enjoying some of their favorite snacks without having to worry about if the item their sister had was better. You know it's a good snack when they close their eyes!
Danica W.
Keeper I, Mammals
https://www.facebook.com/ZooATL/videos/999308250277880/ 33 sec. :vid:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Photos from 28 sec. video in previous above post~1/18/19 Update) Danica captured this week of
Mama Lun Lun chowing down on sweet potato (she likes them now & I'm glad she does, they're good for her).
1-19 za lun sweet potatoes.jpg
:D ^ click 2X biggest
Behold the birds of the heaven, that they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not ye of much more value then they? ~ ASV Matt. 6:26

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:53 pm

2019-01-30_234623.jpg
^ click 2X biggest ~ Cool Daddy Yang :wub:
Jen W

January 30, 2019
Wet, icy, wintry weather recently threatened to strike Atlanta for the first time in 2019! Due to anticipation of inclement weather, Zoo Atlanta was closed yesterday, but this didn’t mean the animals were left to fend for themselves! We have a very dedicated animal care team at the Zoo, and neither rain, sleet, snow, sun, or any other weather-related event will keep us from ensuring that the animals receive top-notch care. We are lucky in that there are several animal care professionals who live very close to the Zoo and are able to walk to work if needed when the road conditions aren’t favorable to driving. During days when the Zoo is closed, the animals still maintain their normal schedules of care and feeding. We have fewer team members who come into work on those days, but enough that we can ensure that all routines can still be completed safely. Yang Yang clearly wasn’t fazed by any of this. We hope everyone stayed safe and warm!
Jen W.
Keeper III, Mammals
(photo by Jen W.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2019-01-30_234845.jpg
^ click 2X biggest ~ Idgie Red Panda :rh:
Heather R

January 28, 2019
If you have visited Idgie the red panda in the last year, you will have noticed we made several improvements to her habitat. Recently, we have made some additions that may not be so obvious. A little background first … red pandas are equipped to handle very cold temperatures. They have a very dense undercoat covering their entire bodies, except their faces, but including the pads on their feet. Their outer fur is also about two inches thick. Their tails serve as a blanket for their faces when it gets really cold! Nevertheless, since Idgie is getting older, and we know she has some arthritis (as is typical with senior individuals of many species), we’ve added some ways for her to stay warm, if she so chooses. She now has a heated mat in the enclosed bamboo hut in her habitat and a heating unit in her behind-the-scenes nest box. We installed these just in time for this recent cold snap. So far, in typical Idgie fashion, she still prefers her hay beds to the heated areas. She does like to do everything in her own time and in her own way. However, we were very excited to see that she slept in her heated box when it dropped down into the 20s!
Heather R.
(photo by Heather R.)
q. saw her a few times in person years ago ~ she was so active & adorable
2019-01-31_001353.jpg
^ click bigger ZA Photo ~ Red Panda Idgie :hug:

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:55 pm

2019-01-30_234744.jpg
^ click 2X biggest ~ Cubs = Xi Lun & Ya Lun :huggie: :rh:
Danica W
January 23, 2019
Ya Lun and Xi Lun achieved a pretty big accomplishment last week: they participated in their first voluntary blood draws! At Zoo Atlanta, all of our training is voluntary for the animals, and if at any time they don’t want to participate, they don’t have to. We focus on training behaviors with the animals that allow them to participate in their own healthcare, and by training the giant pandas for voluntary blood draws, we are able to monitor their health at an even closer level than the visual checks we do every day.
Training for blood draws takes some time, and the giant panda care team and veterinary team have been working on it for a while. We first acclimate the giant pandas to the sleeve we attach to the exterior of their holding areas (just like any other day, we never share a space with the giant pandas, even while training). After they are comfortable with that, we ask them to place their arm in, turn it over, and hold it there for an extended period of time. In fact, after reaching this step, it is often more difficult to ask the giant pandas to take their arms out, because they have such a good association with the sleeve! They know that they are going to get a lot of yummy rewards while their arm is in position for the blood draw. Next, we bring up our veterinary team and get the giant pandas used to seeing them and their equipment. After some patience and time, we were able to collect a blood sample from both Ya Lun and Xi Lun! They didn’t even seem to notice, and enjoyed the extra leafeater biscuits and time with their care teams.
From not liking sugarcane (Xi Lun still isn’t a fan), to learning and completing complex veterinary behaviors in a matter of weeks, these two continue to surprise us! They are growing up into quite charismatic and smart bears, just like their parents and siblings before them.
Danica W.
Keeper II, Mammals
(photo by Danica W.)
2019-01-31_001322.jpg
^ click 2X biggest ZA Photo ~ Mama Lun Lun :grhug:
Are you throwing a party for the big game this weekend? Need some food tips to feed all your guests? Don’t worry. We got you covered. If there’s one thing Zoo Atlanta animals know, it’s food.
Tip 1. Bamboo. You’re going to need a variety of bamboo. Everybody loves bamboo. Better yet, did you know you can buy plates and utensils made out of bamboo? That way you can avoid single-use plastics, you’ll help protect the environment and you can eat your plate when you’re done. Or you can just eat bamboo off your belly like Lun Lun.

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 pm

2019-02-18_230425.jpg
^ click 2X biggest ~ Mama Lun :rh:
Heather R
February 15, 2019
Lun Lun loves this hammock structure in one of the outdoor habitats. She always looks so comfortable up there. Sometimes, she will sit up there to eat her bamboo, and she loves sleeps to sleep in it. In this photo, I caught her surveying her surrounds before she took her morning nap.
Heather R.
(photo by Heather R.)
2019-02-18_230540.jpg
^ click 2X biggest :hug:
Jen W
February 13, 2019
After working with the giant pandas for over eight years, it can sometimes be challenging to come up with creative enrichment that I haven’t used before that will be stimulating for the bears. Lun Lun has had a tub full of water and apple pieces before, and she seems to thoroughly enjoy the challenge of getting the apple. This time, I wanted to raise the complexity of the task, so I added some river rocks and only a little bit of water. Giant pandas are not the most dexterous animals when it comes to picking up small objects that aren’t cylindrical in nature, so having her grab only the pieces of apple and not the river rocks was quite the challenge. She was, however, determined to get her apples … but it was amusing to watch her scoop up what she thought was an apple, only to discover it was a rock, promptly drop said rock, and resume her apple-fishing!
Jen W.
Keeper III, Mammals

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 pm

2019-02-18_230741.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Danica W
February 11, 2019
If you read the last update, you saw that one of our Carnivore Team primary keepers, Kelly, has been training in on the giant panda and red panda routine. So that she could spend some time getting to know the pandas, I spent most of the last week over on the meat-eating side of our department. I love working with the giant and red pandas, but the carnivores here at Zoo Atlanta were the first ones to steal my heart; I actually started out as an intern in that department in 2014. It’s fun to have come full circle and now be spending time as one of the carnivore keepers. I also got to spend some time with Tocantins, our new female giant otter resident, which I haven’t been able to do since she arrived. Here are some of my favorite pictures from this past week. Chelsea, Logan, Hondo and Sabah, hope you have a great week!
Danica W.
Keeper II, Mammals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2019-02-18_230627.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Kelly Daire
February 8, 2019
Hey there! I’m Kelly, and I’m a primary keeper on the meat-eating side of the Carnivore Team. That means I spend most of my days hanging out with the lions, fossa and other meat-eaters. For the last two weeks, I’ve been fortunate enough to train with the bamboo-eaters. It’s definitely a whole new world!
I think my favorite part of the panda side so far is working with the twins, Ya Lun and Xi Lun. My two younger sisters are twins, so I’m no stranger to double trouble! It has been very fun and challenging to learn their individual personalities and the best way to care for them. I’m definitely enjoying this new adventure in Panda Land!
Kelly D.
Keeper I, Mammals
(photo by Kelly D.) >
2019-02-18_232632.jpg
^ click 2X biggest :huggie: :rh:

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:23 am

2019-02-27_111846.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Kelly D
February 25, 2019
Have you been watching Panda Cam recently? If so, you may have noticed the twins being very playful lately. Ya Lun and Xi Lun recently decided to tag-team and show the “Firehouse Octopus” who was boss. Ya Lun attacked the enrichment from above, while Xi Lun struck from below. Check out Zoo Atlanta Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for a video, and keep an eye out on Panda Cam for some more twin playtime!
Kelly D.
Keeper I, Mammals

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:30 pm

2019-03-03_222023.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Danica W
March 1, 2019
We have seen a big increase in culming activity from all of the giant pandas recently. When we say “culming,” we just mean that they are also eating the hard stalk of the bamboo in addition to or instead of the leaves. Culming is great because it’s more filling for the giant pandas, but it’s much messier than when they eat just leaves! Culming pandas means a lot of bamboo shards scattered all over the habitats. The giant pandas will rip off the harder outer layer of the culm to reach the softer (softer to them, it’s still very difficult to break) inner layer. It’s incredible that they are able to break the bamboo as easily as they do, and another great example of why we always work using protected contact (there is a barrier between us and the pandas) at all times. They are bears and they’ve got the bite to prove it!
Check out Zoo Atlanta on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for a video of culming in action!
Danica W.
Keeper I, Mammals

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:11 pm

Zoo Atlanta
‏ Mar 11 (information in March 11 update in next post)

When was the last time you bit through a five-inch piece of bamboo? Giant pandas have some powerful jaws! (video courtesy of Danica W.)
:vid: 25 second https://twitter.com/i/status/1105223203809570821 with sound !
2019-03-23_230304.jpg
^click 2X biggest
Michelle E.
March 22, 2019
If you have visited the panda habitats this week, you may have heard some interesting auditory enrichment. The giant panda building is having some roof repairs done, so workers have been on the roof for a few days making all sorts of noises with their tools. The giant pandas typically aren’t big fans of unfamiliar sounds, so we prepared ahead of time to have them in the outdoor habitats during the day so they could be further from the potentially scary activity on the roof. However, the pandas had their own plans: namely, deciding they don’t care about the noise! We have given them the opportunity to move away from the noisy roof work, but for the most part they have simply continued to be happy pandas, more concerned with their bamboo (or their sister’s bamboo, in the case of the twins). It just goes to show that we can plan all we want, but the giant pandas will always do what they do best – be pandas!
Michelle E.
Keeper II, Mammals
2019-03-23_163443.jpg
^ click bigger ~ 3/23/19

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2019-03-23_230315.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Danica W
March 18, 2019
The sunshine was enjoyed by all of the giant pandas and panda care team this past weekend. It was nice and sunny without being too warm, which is great weather for the giant pandas to spend some time outside! We are seeing a lot of behaviors from Lun Lun and Yang Yang that coincide with behaviors typically seen during giant panda breeding season, so it will be normal for you to see them on PandaCam walking around and smelling things a bit more. Since they are so focused on scents lately, I thought offering them some bubble enrichment would be fun. Yang Yang bit a few of the bubbles, but for the most part only seemed to be interested in his bamboo.
Danica W.
Keeper II, Mammals
(photo courtesy of Danica W. )

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:12 pm

:rh: :pan: National Panda Day March 16 :pan: :rh:
2019-03-23_232000b.jpg
^ click bigger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2019-03-23_230405.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Danica W
March 11, 2019
Despite their laid-back lifestyles and calm behavior, the giant pandas remind us each and every day that they are indeed bears. We treat them with such respect, and our care for them reflects that. We also work with the giant pandas, and all other large, potentially dangerous animals at the Zoo, through a protective barrier. It’s safest for the care teams and the animals that we care for. No matter how “cute” and fluffy they may look, giant pandas pack a very strong bite and have one of the strongest bite forces of any terrestrial carnivore. Our Bamboo Team here at the Zoo cut us some thick bamboo culms to feed out because the giant pandas are all very interested in culming bamboo right now. Check out Zoo Atlanta Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for a video of Lun Lun crunching through a culm that was about five inches across. If you’ve ever worked with bamboo, you know that it’s a difficult plant that often fights back, but the pandas make light work of it every day.
Danica W.
Keeper I, Mammals

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:46 pm

2019-04-12_213638.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Kelly D
April 8, 2019
Spring has officially sprung in Atlanta, which I’m sure everyone has noticed with all the pollen around. Spring is an exciting time for us because it means more fresh browse materials. Did you know that Yang Yang enjoys mulberry? More importantly, spring arriving means we are approaching (drum roll please)…..bamboo shoot season! During bamboo shoot season, the giant pandas will almost exclusively eat shoots. It’s very early in the season, so they are still primarily eating the normal bamboo. Today was the first day this year that they were given a few shoots each, and they certainly enjoyed them!
Kelly D.
Keeper I, Mammals
----------------------
2019-04-12_213655.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Danica W
April 5, 2019
Just like humans, giant pandas can develop tastes for new things over time. Just because one giant panda loves something doesn’t necessarily mean another will. We see this a lot with enrichment preferences, as well as food items we offer. Most of you know that Xi Lun doesn’t like sugarcane like most other pandas do, but she will occasionally steal a piece of Ya Lun’s if she is convinced it’s better than what she has. Lun Lun recently decided that sweet potatoes weren’t so bad after over 19 years of not wanting to eat them when given the choice to. Due to her recent change of heart towards sweet potatoes, we thought it would be interesting to offer her a green apple as enrichment today. All of the giant pandas, and Idgie the red panda, receive red apples as a part of their daily diet here at Zoo Atlanta. However, Lun Lun has chosen not to eat green apples in the past when given the opportunity to. Most of us guessed that it probably had something to do with the tart taste of green apples compared with the red ones they normally receive, but Yang Yang has always eaten them just fine. Well, as if Lun Lun doesn’t like to keep us on our toes enough, she gobbled up a green apple the second it was offered to her. So fast, in fact, that I didn’t even have a chance to get a picture! Yang Yang is slower about eating than Lun Lun is, so I managed to catch one of him enjoying his treat.
Danica W.
Keeper II, Mammals
(photo by Danica W.)

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:52 pm

2019-04-12_213618.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Michelle E.
April 1, 2019
Since I’m still fairly new to the giant panda team, I am still constantly having new experiences with seasonal panda behavior. The giant pandas have started eating the stalks of their bamboo a lot more lately. We call this behavior culming. Keeper Danica posted a video of one of the twins culming bamboo a few weeks ago, and Yang Yang recently had a chance to show off his culming skills too! The strength of these bears never ceases to amaze me!
Check out a video on Zoo Atlanta Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
Michelle E.
Keeper III, Mammals
------------------------
2019-04-12_213606.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Jen W
March 27, 2019
The twins have hit another weight plateau, which means they aren’t quite as ravenous as sub-adults usually are. These plateaus are a normal part of “teenage” development with giant pandas. Because they aren’t as hungry, they have more energy to play! Sub-adult roughhousing and playtime is probably one the most fun things to watch (besides watching their dad dangling from the structure upside down, playing with his enrichment devices). Since they’re still growing and learning how to defend themselves, sub-adult giant panda play sessions can be pretty rough-and-tumble because they’re learning how to “attack” and “defend.” These are important skills to learn when they become sexually mature later on in life. Rest assured that it’s all fun and games with Ya Lun and Xi Lun; after these play sessions that zap all their energy, they always snuggle up next to each other for a well-deserved nap!
Jen W.
Keeper III, Mammals

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:53 pm

~~~Happy Easter to All~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~ :hooray: ~~~~~~~~~~~~
2019-04-21_212916.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Shauna
April 15, 2019
It’s been a little while since I’ve had the chance to train with Ya Lun and Xi Lun. While I was in PandaLand this week, I had the opportunity to do several sessions with the two of them. They both picked up right where we left off and then some. The behavior that I am working on with them is an “open-mouth” behavior. Xi Lun still has a bit more work to go for me to call the behavior complete, but we are making strides each time we train. Ya Lun is doing so well that she is even responding to the other members of the team, which is a good step in completing the behavior.
Shauna
Keeper II, Mammals
------------
2019-04-21_212905.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Danica W
April 19, 2019
Despite being the same age, Ya Lun and Xi Lun have always differed slightly in their priorities. They are both always ready for fresh bamboo, of course, but how they spend their time in between their meals varies quite a bit. I affectionately call Ya Lun a “tank” because she is always on the search for high-value rewards like leafeater biscuits, sugarcane, bananas, etc. Xi Lun, however, is quite content sticking with a good piece of bamboo over a produce item or sugarcane. They both received some frozen banana as enrichment today, and Ya Lun immediately dropped the bamboo she had to enjoy her snack. Xi Lun, who was also offered frozen banana, chose to continue eating her bamboo instead. We always give the animals here at the Zoo choices and control over their days, and leaving a good snack for your sister to swoop up is an example of just that.
Danica W.
Keeper II, Mammals
_________
4-21-19za twins Easter.jpg
^ click 2X biggest

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:19 pm

2019-04-29_141316.jpg
^ click 2X biggest
Shauna
April 24, 2019
Shoots! We have finally begun to harvest bamboo shoots in large enough quantities that we can replace a significant portion of the giant pandas’ bamboo with shoots. As mentioned before, bamboo shoots are the young bamboo that pops out of the ground this time of year. Shoots are full of nutrients and are a hit, no matter the species. As more shoots come out of the ground, we will soon be able to completely replace the giant pandas’ normal bamboo and feed exclusively shoots for a little while, mimicking what the pandas would be eating in the wild at this time of year. Unfortunately, as quickly as the shoots appeared, they will be gone again. We will enjoy them while we can.
Shauna
Keeper II, Mammals

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Mon May 06, 2019 8:09 pm

2019-05-06_215624.jpg
^ click 2X biggest :wub:

Danica W
April 29, 2019
Like Shauna mentioned in the last update, bamboo shoot season is upon us! We all (humans and giant pandas alike) love shoot season because the pandas are able to eat their fill and get a lot of naps in. Unlike other animals that primarily eat leaves, giant pandas don’t have the capability to grind up plant matter without chomping their jaws up and down. A few of our Wild Encounter Guides here at Zoo Atlanta actually taught me a cool trick to feel the difference in our jaw musculature versus a giant panda’s, and you can try it right at home! Place your hand on top of your head and pretend you’re chewing something. You won’t feel much movement in your hand because our jaw muscles are attached near our temples. If you were a giant panda, you’d feel a lot of muscle movement on top of your head because their jaw muscles are attached at their sagittal crest. It’s that jaw musculature that gives them the power to crunch through bamboo, but it also causes them to be unable to quietly grind leaf matter like other leaf-eating animals. I don’t know about you all, but I think they’re still pretty cute despite being loud and “smacky” chewers!
Danica W.
Keeper II, Mammals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2019-05-06_215613.jpg
^ click 2X biggest :ohmy:

Michelle E.
May 1, 2019
As a Swing Keeper, my job is to go where I’m needed in the Mammal Team. Things have been so calm and steady in the giant panda building lately that I’ve hardly seen the pandas in a month! And that has led me to a revelation: The panda twins are SO big! Sometimes when you see someone or something every day, it’s hard to notice gradual changes. Being away for a few weeks gave me fresh eyes on Xi Lun and Ya Lun, and it’s amazing how much they’ve grown! They’re over two and a half years old now and have been independent from Lun Lun for more than a year. We’ve transitioned from calling them “cubs” to the more accurate title “sub-adults,” and they have truly come into their own personalities. They’re still only about half the size of Lun Lun, but they’ll catch up over the next few years. I am thankful that this mini-break has given me the opportunity to stop and appreciate how lucky we are to get to see them grow, from looking like they belong in the naked mole rat habitat to the strong, fluffy girls they are today.
Michelle E.
Keeper II, Mammals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoying Bamboo Shoots in Next *Sings* Update
5-6-19 enjoying bamboo shoots.jpg
^ click 2X biggest :cloud9:

Return to “Pandas”