The Wildlife Corner

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Philjo56France

Re: EAGLE Chatters Nest

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:29 pm

There is also a video of SE21 interacting with an adult Sea Eagle
2019-01-27_08h26_51.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/HigherGroundRaptors/
Merci to Peggy McDonald from Higher Ground Raptors
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:22 am

Very cold windchills down to possibly -60 F. Coming up in few days. With 10 inches of snow Monday. This is in Decorah Iowa.

Sunnybird1995

Post by Sunnybird1995 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:31 am

laniebelle wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:03 pm
We visited this lake about an hour from our home, where there have been upwards of 50 eagles gathering. You walk 1.5 miles to a viewing platform which is still about 2000 feet from the eagles. Hard to get clear photos because of the distance, but great to see so many eagles in one place. They were pretty active, flying around, landing on the ice, fishing, groups squabbling over food on the ice. So thrilling to see so many, both juvies and adults!
Laniebelle, those are great photographs!
It's not easy to photograph an eagle in flight.
Your pics are wonderful. So enjoyable to see. :thumlft:
Still looking for E9 :rh: October 12, 2019
Harriet Forever :brknhrt: March 2023

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:07 am

good morning everyone
so sad for mom Decorah North, after Juliet another sad sad news...
yesterday at Smola we had a visit of a 2nd year Juvie...

maybe it's Solo...
it could be him.
received_2193206210700656.png
Sadly the project manager found a first year old female juvie who was electrocuted by high power lines. it was a terrible picture and we are scared it might be Elida. we don't know if they will perform DNA to identify the juvie, many are tested each year... but I would like to know... it's so sad to see a juvie dying like this. Elida or not. :brknhrt:
All scaps are courtesy of
http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
or by photographers / videographers credited in my message
In love with Harriett and M Family !

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:20 am

Extremely cold weather coming windchills so low to -60F. in some places. I am right in it with you trio's nest, decorah nest,etc... All the nests in the polar vortex. I. will be right there with you trying to stay warm. Breathing in that cold air not fun. Most everything shut down because of the cold. Stay warm my fine feathered and furry friends.

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:03 am

eagleslanding wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:20 am
Extremely cold weather coming windchills so low to -60F. in some places. I am right in it with you trio's nest, decorah nest,etc... All the nests in the polar vortex. I. will be right there with you trying to stay warm. Breathing in that cold air not fun. Most everything shut down because of the cold. Stay warm my fine feathered and furry friends.
yes eagleslanding stay safe eagles birds furry friends. I hope this horrible weather stops soon :(

NestFriend

Post by NestFriend » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:34 am

:luck: :luck:
Pascale wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:07 am
good morning everyone
so sad for mom Decorah North, after Juliet another sad sad news...
yesterday at Smola we had a visit of a 2nd year Juvie...

maybe it's Solo...
it could be him.received_2193206210700656.png

Sadly the project manager found a first year old female juvie who was electrocuted by high power lines. it was a terrible picture and we are scared it might be Elida. we don't know if they will perform DNA to identify the juvie, many are tested each year... but I would like to know... it's so sad to see a juvie dying like this. Elida or not. :brknhrt:
:brknhrt: :brknhrt: :brknhrt: :brknhrt: :cry1: :luck:
Mimi

"Nothing positive will come from being negative,
and nothing negative will come from being positive."

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:01 am

Yes electrocution is a sad thing but frequently happens. That is what happened to the the eagle nest I had followed around Naples Florida the dad was electrocuted. They are really trying with the power polls to make them safer. Even though they are raptors they still can get into problems caused by humans. I have been reading many books as I can on the American bald eagle there is still so much to learn on their habitat and anatomy an physiology. I am sure the moderators here can help you. They have probably studied the eagles for many years. They may help you wiith the electrocution problem in your area

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:46 am

Thank you Pascale for your concern for the dangerous cold spell for decorah and trio's eagles this dangerous cold snap. You cannot see the cold snap or feel the cold snap on the cams. It will last for a few days and a bird or animal or even me can get into trouble fast. Happy thoughts for the eagles safety.

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:18 am

I hope Iona in Eagleholic anonymous does not mind my sharing their chat from their site here. But they just said there is an egg laid in Florida by Nic and Vic and they have a cam. And its quite a story of the 2 that I read on their site. Such good news of perserverance for the 2. Even in adverse conditions. I hope Iona does not mind and yes I read others chat on here. Please delete this post if I am not supposed to share the news. Thank you Iona you made my day.

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:07 am

Anyone following the eagles nest cam in Arizona . I believe the egg just laid was eaten by a raven so sad. Sorry. Please correct me arizona followers if I am wrog.

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:58 am

I am following that nest eagleslanding. it's close from Lady Hawk. yes the 1st egg was eaten by crows or ravens :cry1:
a 2nd egg was laid but wasn't uncovered for some time at the beginning- now eagles are brooding ok.
the female is experienced but male- petit papa, aka small dad is very young. a kind of M15 !

laniebelle

Post by laniebelle » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:34 pm

Hello, Chatter Friends

So great to hear from people that we have not seen their names on here in a long time. Welcome back to old friends and welcome to new friends! Hi to Pascale, Nestfriend, BlueSkye, Monieagle.

Sunnybird, thanks for your comment on my photos. Yes, it is a real challenge to capture a bird in flight. It's kind of a goal of mine to keep shooting away, practicing, and hopefully getting better at it. Now if I only had one of those super expensive, fancy cameras, it would be easier!

Eagleslanding, glad to hear about the egg on Nic and Vic's nest. Quite the story there with the severe storm toppling their nest, which they totally rebuilt. Where is the eagleholics chat found?
Laniebelle
Remembering Dad Decorah, the greatest eagle Dad ever
follow: Decorah, DNN, SWFEC, NEFL, AEF DC, FSV, Berry, Trio, Standley Lake, Big Bear, Smola

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:14 am

Second egg at Dale Hollow yesterday, :woohoo:
Congratulations to River and Obey !
and to you all :grhug: :huggie: and stay warm !
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Pascale

Post by Pascale » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:35 am

update on AZ nest. experts say the egg won't probably hatch due to the time it remains uncovered :cry1:
male is inexperienced, doesnt relay mom often
doesn't bring food. it's better to wait another year.
And... congratulations River and Obey ,for 2nd eggies... please... no drama this year !

update on AZ nest: a raven just took off the 2nd egg. the season is over :cry1:

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”