Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:48 am

6:46a 'It seems there is a problem with all the HWF Embedded Cams ... I notified Ken .!

BBL... Going to my grandsons music recital soon... :)

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:40 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:48 am
6:46a 'It seems there is a problem with all the HWF Embedded Cams ... I notified Ken .!

Thanks IrishEyes for notifying Ken as the Delta 2 cams are still down.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

Lynne
Topic Assistant

Post by Lynne » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:54 am

Good Morning,
7:45am - cams not streaming at WR, they cam on for a brief glimpse and then went off again.

Thanks

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:35 am

Morning! Bev reported the embedded cams down at HM - then posted in the forum that they had cut in. However, they are down now ...PTZs are both up!

ADD: Re the previous discussion - I was having a problem posting in the forum on Friday - having to log in each time I posted, or tried to add to a post. But, no problem yesterday or this morning.

I use Chrome to log in to the forum, and IE for the PTZ cams.

ADD: 8:39am embedded cams at HM just came up, but cutting in and out.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:28 am

9:27 am
I sent Ken a text to follow up on Bev's emails - sometimes he sees those faster.

I need to do some other things, then will be back to review the new info everyone is providing (thanks!!) regarding issues logging in.

Update - 9:40 am - heard from Ken - he'll be checking on the cams soon.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Judy, to add to my post from last night- I’ve had to log in several times today, depending on which device I’m using. I use Safari for all of them. I posted a lot today and then took a break and tried to post again. All worked fine this time.
AKA: Marianne

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:37 pm

Thanks, Marianne and Yolande!

To continue the saga of annoying log-outs, I just made a series of posts at Surrey Reserve, including a couple with older screenshots that I added to help with identification - and I got logged out several times during that process. Before that, things had gone fairly smoothly for me since I made the change to the type of cookies the forum uses - but that's clearly not all that's going on. I use Firefox for posting. I did just go in and delete all the cookies from the hancockwildlife.org sites, in case old cookies were part of the problem, and will try another series of posts to see if that helps. I'm thinking I may need to post on the help forum for phpBB - the folks there are generally very helpful - but right now I need to stop typing for a while. Bye!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:02 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:37 pm
Thanks, Marianne and Yolande!

To continue the saga of annoying log-outs, I just made a series of posts at Surrey Reserve, including a couple with older screenshots that I added to help with identification - and I got logged out several times during that process. Before that, things had gone fairly smoothly for me since I made the change to the type of cookies the forum uses - but that's clearly not all that's going on. I use Firefox for posting. I did just go in and delete all the cookies from the hancockwildlife.org sites, in case old cookies were part of the problem, and will try another series of posts to see if that helps. I'm thinking I may need to post on the help forum for phpBB - the folks there are generally very helpful - but right now I need to stop typing for a while. Bye!

Thanks Judy .I just had to log in on the NEFL nest thread .. that was the first time i had to log in since Sat. Jan26..and thanks for sending Ken a text message :thumlft:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:06 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:40 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:48 am

Thanks IrishEyes for notifying Ken as the Delta 2 cams are still down.
You are welcome Sandy_W and please call me Bev :)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:25 am

Monday , January 28, 2019

Good Morning Judy ,

6:02a
Surrey S Cam is down
screenshot_05.jpg

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:19 am

Good Morning All! The E Embedded cam for Delta 2 is spinning at 7:50 am....it is currently 8:19 am.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 pm

Good Evening All! Sorry just getting back here and wanted to say thank you to whoever fixed our E Embedded cam for Delta.

Also, to JudyB (hope you are feeling better), I wanted to mention that we at Delta (Jean, Sandy, and myself) seem to be having the same problem now with posting....it all seems to be that we are being logged out automatically after 10 minutes of inactivity. I've tested several different time frames up through and just after 10 minutes and I am finding that I am okay up to 9 minutes without posting, and it still allows me to post, but once I hit 10 minutes of inactivity the system is logging me off and making me log in again. Sandy started noticing this was happening to her today. Jean is just so happy right now because she switched to Google Chrome and she is able to post now, but I think she also ran into an issue after 10 minutes. In any case we were wondering if you could check to see if there's a setting for this where it automatically logs us off after 10 minutes of inactivity.

One last note, Jean was using IE and that was causing her lots of problems with posting, but just switched over to Google Chrome. So it seems there's even more of an issue with IE.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 am

2nd try, had to re-login:

Good Morning All! JudyB, I want to add one more thing about the issue of having to re-login. I’ve had a problem when posting from my phone which runs on Safari. I cleared my cache yesterday and still had this problem this morning. What happens is that I login, type my post, and when I hit submit I’m being asked to login again. I don’t feel that this is a cache issue because of one other reason. I recently got a new iPad which also runs off of Safari. I had not logged into HWF at all on that iPad until yesterday, yet I had the same problem of having to re-login. That cache was clear as it’s a brand new iPad.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi Sue and everyone ..

I hav a Mac desktop and am using Safari for posting and all my s'caps ..... the only time I have to login is when I clear my cache!

It is really weird what is happening tp you ... :luck: it gets resolved soon

Bev

PS Could there be a problem at Delta that is causing all this ...
Like maybe with the wiring there ... just a thought !

Heather L
Zoomer

Post by Heather L » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:20 pm

Having a hard time logging in and also posting , keep getting kicked out, i did clear my cache. I use chrome browser . Thanks Heather

Return to “Technical Help”