Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:29 am

Yolande wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:58 am
Morning! firstly, the embedded cams at HM seem to be staying up and, on the odd occasion when there is some buffering, come back up on a reload - or on their own in a minute or so.

Thanks so much, Judy and Ken...!

There does seem to be a problem with the focus on both PTZs though. The focus will go slightly off - just enough to get a blur - when they are being zoomed. I find I have to refocus the SPTZ at least once or twice during a zoom. Also, even if the cams are focused before shutting down the PTZs, they seem to unfocus all on their own, and are slightly off by the next zoom.

I don't know much about it, but wonder if the default setting is now different since the cams last went down and the reboot that got them back... Haven't a clue.

This isn't a huge problem, but we aren't here all the time to refocus the cams, and the blur has been noted a few times in the HM forum.

Thanks ...
Good morning, Yolande. I did not find a setting that would disable autofocus - I didn't check the manual, but usually it's an easy setting to find on those cams that have it (and finding things in Vivotek manuals tends to be a bit of a challenge :%: ). I only worked with the North cam since you were logged into the South - and we all know the North cam has some issues because the dome didn't get cleaned this year - so that did make it harder for me to tell what was happening with the focus. I did make one change - which you or any other zoomer can try on the South cam - I changed the speed for the focus from -1 to 3, which means it should change focus faster (fastest is +5 - and you're welcome to change it to that). That should speed up the autofocus; the potential downside is if you're trying to focus manually on something in the background, you will probably want to change the setting to somewhere in the minus numbers so it adjusts more slowly. The setting I changed is the bottom one here:
20190120_001.jpg
20190120_001.jpg (6.77 KiB) Viewed 2801 times
And as a hint for all zoomers, if the cams seem to be moving too fast or too slow when you're looking around - feel free to change those settings. My reaction time is slow these days, so I prefer slower settings (from 0 to -5) - but I know some of the zoomers who can follow the eagles when they fly off want the cams to move much faster. :)

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Thanks-you Judy - that is a great help! Lots of things to try....

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 am

Good Morning All! Sandy_W noted in the Trio thread that all of the posts from Monday are no longer there. She mentioned that the forum was down earlier. I just checked the Delta thread and all of the posts from Monday are also gone.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:53 am

TUESDAY , JANUARY 22, 2019

Good Morning everyone !

H Mills ..

The N Embedded is still down since yesterday... !

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:57 am

SueB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 am
Good Morning All! Sandy_W noted in the Trio thread that all of the posts from Monday are no longer there. She mentioned that the forum was down earlier. I just checked the Delta thread and all of the posts from Monday are also gone.

Hi Sue .. All the nest threads are all the same and this is why

Re: HWF Forum Updates
Report this post Quote
Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:31 am

Well, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that something went wrong with the update. The good news is that David Hathaway has a backup from yesterday morning - so we will probably lose the posts from yesterday but everything else should be there. I’ll post more when I know more.
:offtobed:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:01 am

SueB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 am
It’s one of those “the best laid plans” things. David Hathaway tried to do the update we’d announced to the forum software last night and something went very wrong. Fortunately he’d backed everything up yesterday morning and he was able to restore that copy so we did only lose one day’s data - but we had hoped it would be so smooth that no one would notice. We’re sorry that everyone’s work from yesterday was lost.

David Hathaway is very good at this, and I know that as soon as he’s had a bit of sleep he’ll be looking at this to see what went wrong. We do still need to do the update and we’ll keep you posted as to when that might happen.

Please feel free to share this on other threads where people are asking what happened. Thanks!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:11 am

Thanks Judy and sorry I didn't mean to interfere when I replied to Sue :oops2:

Reporting this again

Re Mills

The N Embedded Cam is down at H Mills since yesterday !

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:37 am

Thanks for bringing the update from the other forum to this thread, Bev. I’ll try to take a look at the HM cams in a few minutes.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:48 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:37 am
Thanks for bringing the update from the other forum to this thread, Bev. I’ll try to take a look at the HM cams in a few minutes.
Thanks Judy ... and no rush..... the S Cams ( Embedded and Zoomer)are streaming at Mills and so is N Zoomer cam ..

Thanks Judy and D Hathaway for all you do/....things could have been much worse !

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:57 am

Thank you JudyB and Bev for your replies. Sorry, I should have checked the other thread. Totally understand about the data lost, no biggie....been through the same thing with other systems....but very glad there was a backup so we only lost the one day! Thanks for every you do, and also to David Hathaway for his work.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:48 am
JudyB wrote:
Thanks Judy ... and no rush..... the S Cams ( Embedded and Zoomer)are streaming at Mills and so is N Zoomer cam ..

Thanks Judy and D Hathaway for all you do/....things could have been much worse !
I tried rebooting the HM North cam, and that didn't help so I sent a text message to Ken asking him to check. I don't know what his plans for the day are, but he usually checks things fairly quickly if he's at home.

And you're welcome, Bev.

David Hathaway may try again tonight to do the update - he thinks he knows what went wrong yesterday.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:10 am

Is anyone else having problems with the wrong s'caps being uploaded? I am trying to post on Delta 2, and I have cleared all my previous s'caps and only have the s'caps I've taken from this morning in my folder and when I select a s'cap to post it appears that it is pulling in the file name that I've selected but once I submit the post it is posting a totally different s'cap and not one that is from my folder from this morning.

8:42 am - Edit: I just tried to upload my s'caps just a minute ago and now they seem to be working properly. Not sure what happened but I wasn't doing anything different than I normally do.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 am

SueB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:10 am
Is anyone else having problems with the wrong s'caps being uploaded? I am trying to post on Delta 2, and I have cleared all my previous s'caps and only have the s'caps I've taken from this morning in my folder and when I select a s'cap to post it appears that it is pulling in the file name that I've selected but once I submit the post it is posting a totally different s'cap and not one that is from my folder from this morning.

8:42 am - Edit: I just tried to upload my s'caps just a minute ago and now they seem to be working properly. Not sure what happened but I wasn't doing anything different than I normally do.
There may be a few screenshots that are sort of floating in limbo as a result of the failed update and the restore our tech person did last night. If it continues to happen, please let me know and I'll see if I can figure it out. I will mention that even though we've only been using this forum for about a year, we've got a lot of posts and a whole lot of images here, so copying everything from a backup file is a pretty massive undertaking.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:58 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:48 am
JudyB wrote:

I tried rebooting the HM North cam, and that didn't help so I sent a text message to Ken asking him to check. I don't know what his plans for the day are, but he usually checks things fairly quickly if he's at home.

And you're welcome, Bev.

David Hathaway may try again tonight to do the update - he thinks he knows what went wrong yesterday.
Thanks Judy for trying and thanks Ken .. the N Embedded Cam at H Mills is streaming ..

Good Luck David Hathaway ... :luck:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:08 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:58 am

Thanks Judy for trying and thanks Ken .. the N Embedded Cam at H Mills is streaming ..

Good Luck David Hathaway ... :luck:
I just checked my text messages - Ken says it was a combination YouTube and Wowza issue. Glad he was able to get the cam streaming again. :thumlft:

Return to “Technical Help”