Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 pm

5:14pn...... Surrey Reserve South Cam is sputtering !

Thanks

Bev..

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:23 am

Jean wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:40 pm
4:39pm..........Thanks Judy. Sue managed to keep the cams going for about an hour and a half this afternoon (at least she didn't mention any problems). Then tonight they went down for me at least 3 or 4 times while I was on them for only about 45 minutes.
Sorry I didn't get back here yesterday, Jean. Are the cams doing better today? Surrey South is looking OK at the moment, so Ken may have rebooted the Wowza server - though that wouldn't help with the zoomer links as they are direct to the cams.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:45 pm

12:44pm.......Judy, I think they are ok now............there are no post about problems so far today. I am IN on both cams now and will let you know if they are still acting up. Thanks.

ADDED..............1:30pm............Cams working great Judy!
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:13 am

Monday , January 14, 2019

Re H Mills !

A Huge Thank You to Ken for getting the H Mills Cams back on line ! :ty:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm

12:39pm............At Delta2..............I was on the cams for only about 35 minutes and all cams went down twice..........first time for about 9 minutes, the second time for 4 minutes. As the rollback only went back 15 minutes from the current time when I got there I assume the cams have been going off and on before then too.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Jean wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm
12:39pm............At Delta2..............I was on the cams for only about 35 minutes and all cams went down twice..........first time for about 9 minutes, the second time for 4 minutes. As the rollback only went back 15 minutes from the current time when I got there I assume the cams have been going off and on before then too.
Thanks, Jean - I'll send a message to Ken.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:56 am

11:55am.........All cams at Delta2 going off and on constantly while I was trying to use the zoomer cams...............they went off 3 or 4 times in the 20 minutes that I was there.

Wondering if our heavy frost of the past couple days could be affecting them?

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Jean wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:56 am
11:55am.........All cams at Delta2 going off and on constantly while I was trying to use the zoomer cams...............they went off 3 or 4 times in the 20 minutes that I was there.

Wondering if our heavy frost of the past couple days could be affecting them?
Good question, Jean. I have no idea what parts are outdoors, and they have to be protected from rain and stuff like that, but moisture does get inside things, so who knows. I didn't hear back from Ken that he had done anything to the cams the last time I contacted him and they were back. He might have done some sort of remote reboot - but I usually get a quick text when he follows up on something. Shall I send him a message, or do you want to see if they're better once it gets a bit warmer (assuming it's going to get warmer - I'm noticing I'm no longer seeing the sun at Surrey Reserve).

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:55 pm

2:54pm........Judy I will be on the cams soon. Sue was on them and the rollback was good so maybe they are ok now. Maybe the warmth of the afternoon sun helps, don't know. I will let you know if there is any further issue.

3:09pm...........ADDED: Judy, I see the cams are still going on and off so could you please let Ken know? Thanks!

(Member since 9/10/11)

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:40 am

Surrey Reserve:

10:38 am South cam sound is stuttering and pixelating. North cam is fine.

South cam just went down - refreshed and got the spinning circle.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 am

Ken just changed the cam feeds for the Surrey cams - they had been mis-labeled originally, with the cam called North actually being in the South, and vice-versa. He also rebooted the Wowza server, which fixed the spinning circle, but I'm still seeing some issues - maybe because of the wind?

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:19 am

10:15 am SR - North Cam is stuttering and pixelating.

11:45 am North cam now spinning circle.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 am

10:27 am Delta 2: the east cam as it is stalled at 9:46 am.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 am
10:27 am Delta 2: the east cam as it is stalled at 9:46 am.
12:45 pm
Thanks, Sandy - both are OK now, so maybe Ken did a reboot.

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:58 am

Morning! firstly, the embedded cams at HM seem to be staying up and, on the odd occasion when there is some buffering, come back up on a reload - or on their own in a minute or so.

Thanks so much, Judy and Ken...!

There does seem to be a problem with the focus on both PTZs though. The focus will go slightly off - just enough to get a blur - when they are being zoomed. I find I have to refocus the SPTZ at least once or twice during a zoom. Also, even if the cams are focused before shutting down the PTZs, they seem to unfocus all on their own, and are slightly off by the next zoom.

I don't know much about it, but wonder if the default setting is now different since the cams last went down and the reboot that got them back... Haven't a clue.

This isn't a huge problem, but we aren't here all the time to refocus the cams, and the blur has been noted a few times in the HM forum.

Thanks ...

Return to “Technical Help”