Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
User avatar
gemini
Admin
Posts: 1134
Joined: Dec 15, 2017
Location: North Vancouver, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by gemini » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:33 am

8:22 am Good Morning - both embedded cams are down at Surrey Reserve - can get the north cam by clicking on YouTube but getting coloured bands at the top of the screen.


8:35 am Both cams now working! Thanks if someone rebooted!
Image

Member since: 7/31/2006

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 39056
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:05 am

THURSDAY , JANUARY 10, 2019


Good Morning ..

The S embedded cam at Surrey Reserve has spinning circle since yesterday

The H Mills cams have been down since Dec . 20 ... any news on when Ken will visit nest to see to them .

Thank you
Bev
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
jkr
Admin
Posts: 184
Joined: Jan 01, 2018
Location: East Kootenay, BC, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by jkr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:46 am

Ken called to say he'd get to the cams as soon as he can. He's been laid up with an eye problem and unable to drive lately but is on the mend.
Judy (jkr) - member since 2006
Need Help ? Check our HELPFUL HINTS

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 39056
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 am

Sorry to hear about Ken Judy thanks for letting us know ... that sounds painful and annoying Ken ... Hope you continue to heal!
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.. :grhug:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4118
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:52 am

11:50 am
Ken has to replace the modem at his house, so all the embedded cams will be down for about a half hour.

Zoomers should still be able to connect, and everything should be up and running again soon - hopefully better than ever!

txsun
Zoomer
Posts: 662
Joined: Apr 15, 2018
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by txsun » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 pm

JudyB wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:52 am
11:50 am
Ken has to replace the modem at his house, so all the embedded cams will be down for about a half hour.

Zoomers should still be able to connect, and everything should be up and running again soon - hopefully better than ever!
Thanks Judy.. was going to report.. but embedded at Delta back again.. Thanks a bunch to you and Ken!!
~ Bonnie ~
Member since 09/29/2012

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4118
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:26 pm

txsun wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 pm
JudyB wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:52 am
11:50 am
Ken has to replace the modem at his house, so all the embedded cams will be down for about a half hour.

Zoomers should still be able to connect, and everything should be up and running again soon - hopefully better than ever!
Thanks Judy.. was going to report.. but embedded at Delta back again.. Thanks a bunch to you and Ken!!
You're welcome, Bonnie! Surrey South is still having some issues and as far as I know the White Rock Bluff cam is still not able to stream - but everything else should be back up. If not, please let me know!

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 17922
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:04 am

Delta 2 cams: 11:00 in the middle of logging off of both cams, the zoomer cams went down as well as the embedded cams went offline. I "think" both cams are on the nest but will check when them come back online.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4118
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:04 am
Delta 2 cams: 11:00 in the middle of logging off of both cams, the zoomer cams went down as well as the embedded cams went offline. I "think" both cams are on the nest but will check when them come back online.
I also can't connect to any of the cams - I'll send a text to Ken.

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 14896
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:40 pm

4:39pm..........Thanks Judy. Sue managed to keep the cams going for about an hour and a half this afternoon (at least she didn't mention any problems). Then tonight they went down for me at least 3 or 4 times while I was on them for only about 45 minutes.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 39056
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 pm

5:14pn...... Surrey Reserve South Cam is sputtering !

Thanks

Bev..
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4118
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:23 am

Jean wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:40 pm
4:39pm..........Thanks Judy. Sue managed to keep the cams going for about an hour and a half this afternoon (at least she didn't mention any problems). Then tonight they went down for me at least 3 or 4 times while I was on them for only about 45 minutes.
Sorry I didn't get back here yesterday, Jean. Are the cams doing better today? Surrey South is looking OK at the moment, so Ken may have rebooted the Wowza server - though that wouldn't help with the zoomer links as they are direct to the cams.

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 14896
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:45 pm

12:44pm.......Judy, I think they are ok now............there are no post about problems so far today. I am IN on both cams now and will let you know if they are still acting up. Thanks.

ADDED..............1:30pm............Cams working great Judy!
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 39056
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:13 am

Monday , January 14, 2019

Re H Mills !

A Huge Thank You to Ken for getting the H Mills Cams back on line ! :ty:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 14896
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm

12:39pm............At Delta2..............I was on the cams for only about 35 minutes and all cams went down twice..........first time for about 9 minutes, the second time for 4 minutes. As the rollback only went back 15 minutes from the current time when I got there I assume the cams have been going off and on before then too.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4118
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Jean wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm
12:39pm............At Delta2..............I was on the cams for only about 35 minutes and all cams went down twice..........first time for about 9 minutes, the second time for 4 minutes. As the rollback only went back 15 minutes from the current time when I got there I assume the cams have been going off and on before then too.
Thanks, Jean - I'll send a message to Ken.

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 14896
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:56 am

11:55am.........All cams at Delta2 going off and on constantly while I was trying to use the zoomer cams...............they went off 3 or 4 times in the 20 minutes that I was there.

Wondering if our heavy frost of the past couple days could be affecting them?
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4118
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:04 pm

Jean wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:56 am
11:55am.........All cams at Delta2 going off and on constantly while I was trying to use the zoomer cams...............they went off 3 or 4 times in the 20 minutes that I was there.

Wondering if our heavy frost of the past couple days could be affecting them?
Good question, Jean. I have no idea what parts are outdoors, and they have to be protected from rain and stuff like that, but moisture does get inside things, so who knows. I didn't hear back from Ken that he had done anything to the cams the last time I contacted him and they were back. He might have done some sort of remote reboot - but I usually get a quick text when he follows up on something. Shall I send him a message, or do you want to see if they're better once it gets a bit warmer (assuming it's going to get warmer - I'm noticing I'm no longer seeing the sun at Surrey Reserve).

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 14896
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:55 pm

2:54pm........Judy I will be on the cams soon. Sue was on them and the rollback was good so maybe they are ok now. Maybe the warmth of the afternoon sun helps, don't know. I will let you know if there is any further issue.

3:09pm...........ADDED: Judy, I see the cams are still going on and off so could you please let Ken know? Thanks!
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
gemini
Admin
Posts: 1134
Joined: Dec 15, 2017
Location: North Vancouver, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by gemini » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:40 am

Surrey Reserve:

10:38 am South cam sound is stuttering and pixelating. North cam is fine.

South cam just went down - refreshed and got the spinning circle.
Image

Member since: 7/31/2006

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4118
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 am

Ken just changed the cam feeds for the Surrey cams - they had been mis-labeled originally, with the cam called North actually being in the South, and vice-versa. He also rebooted the Wowza server, which fixed the spinning circle, but I'm still seeing some issues - maybe because of the wind?

User avatar
gemini
Admin
Posts: 1134
Joined: Dec 15, 2017
Location: North Vancouver, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by gemini » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:19 am

10:15 am SR - North Cam is stuttering and pixelating.

11:45 am North cam now spinning circle.
Image

Member since: 7/31/2006

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 17922
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 am

10:27 am Delta 2: the east cam as it is stalled at 9:46 am.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4118
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 am
10:27 am Delta 2: the east cam as it is stalled at 9:46 am.
12:45 pm
Thanks, Sandy - both are OK now, so maybe Ken did a reboot.

User avatar
Yolande
Topic Assistant
Posts: 5303
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Yolande » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:58 am

Morning! firstly, the embedded cams at HM seem to be staying up and, on the odd occasion when there is some buffering, come back up on a reload - or on their own in a minute or so.

Thanks so much, Judy and Ken...!

There does seem to be a problem with the focus on both PTZs though. The focus will go slightly off - just enough to get a blur - when they are being zoomed. I find I have to refocus the SPTZ at least once or twice during a zoom. Also, even if the cams are focused before shutting down the PTZs, they seem to unfocus all on their own, and are slightly off by the next zoom.

I don't know much about it, but wonder if the default setting is now different since the cams last went down and the reboot that got them back... Haven't a clue.

This isn't a huge problem, but we aren't here all the time to refocus the cams, and the blur has been noted a few times in the HM forum.

Thanks ...

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4118
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:29 am

Yolande wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:58 am
Morning! firstly, the embedded cams at HM seem to be staying up and, on the odd occasion when there is some buffering, come back up on a reload - or on their own in a minute or so.

Thanks so much, Judy and Ken...!

There does seem to be a problem with the focus on both PTZs though. The focus will go slightly off - just enough to get a blur - when they are being zoomed. I find I have to refocus the SPTZ at least once or twice during a zoom. Also, even if the cams are focused before shutting down the PTZs, they seem to unfocus all on their own, and are slightly off by the next zoom.

I don't know much about it, but wonder if the default setting is now different since the cams last went down and the reboot that got them back... Haven't a clue.

This isn't a huge problem, but we aren't here all the time to refocus the cams, and the blur has been noted a few times in the HM forum.

Thanks ...
Good morning, Yolande. I did not find a setting that would disable autofocus - I didn't check the manual, but usually it's an easy setting to find on those cams that have it (and finding things in Vivotek manuals tends to be a bit of a challenge :%: ). I only worked with the North cam since you were logged into the South - and we all know the North cam has some issues because the dome didn't get cleaned this year - so that did make it harder for me to tell what was happening with the focus. I did make one change - which you or any other zoomer can try on the South cam - I changed the speed for the focus from -1 to 3, which means it should change focus faster (fastest is +5 - and you're welcome to change it to that). That should speed up the autofocus; the potential downside is if you're trying to focus manually on something in the background, you will probably want to change the setting to somewhere in the minus numbers so it adjusts more slowly. The setting I changed is the bottom one here:
20190120_001.jpg
20190120_001.jpg (6.77 KiB) Viewed 232 times
And as a hint for all zoomers, if the cams seem to be moving too fast or too slow when you're looking around - feel free to change those settings. My reaction time is slow these days, so I prefer slower settings (from 0 to -5) - but I know some of the zoomers who can follow the eagles when they fly off want the cams to move much faster. :)

If you have any questions, please let me know.

User avatar
Yolande
Topic Assistant
Posts: 5303
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Yolande » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Thanks-you Judy - that is a great help! Lots of things to try....

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 22927
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 am

Good Morning All! Sandy_W noted in the Trio thread that all of the posts from Monday are no longer there. She mentioned that the forum was down earlier. I just checked the Delta thread and all of the posts from Monday are also gone.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 39056
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:53 am

TUESDAY , JANUARY 22, 2019

Good Morning everyone !


H Mills ..

The N Embedded is still down since yesterday... !
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 39056
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:57 am

SueB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:53 am
Good Morning All! Sandy_W noted in the Trio thread that all of the posts from Monday are no longer there. She mentioned that the forum was down earlier. I just checked the Delta thread and all of the posts from Monday are also gone.

Hi Sue .. All the nest threads are all the same and this is why

Re: HWF Forum Updates
Report this post Quote
Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:31 am


Well, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that something went wrong with the update. The good news is that David Hathaway has a backup from yesterday morning - so we will probably lose the posts from yesterday but everything else should be there. I’ll post more when I know more.
:offtobed:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

Post Reply

Return to “Technical Help”