Eagleholics Anonymous ~ 2018

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Iona

Re: Eagleholics Anonymous ~ 2018

Post by Iona » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:35 pm

Berry College scaps from the 6th
BERRY COLLEGE EAGLES 1 6 19 5 16PM MOM AND DAD CAM 1.jpg
BERRY COLLEGE EAGLES 1 6 19 5 17PM MOM AND DAD CAM2.jpg
BERRY COLLEGE EAGLES 1 6 19 5 28PM LITLE CONCERNED ABOUT MOM'S LEFT LEG.jpg
'

Mom has an injured left leg. I can't remember, but think it happened towards the end of last season.

Love and hugs to all

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Nice s'caps from the Berry College cam Iona. :)
Joined HWF: Sun. Apr 12, 2009

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:00 am

:coffee2: Good Morning :coffee2:

Monday ~ January 07, 2019

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:29 am

Delightful pictures of eagles, and Scott's backyard birds.....makes the morning cheerful.

Well, the dog by my side helps too!

Little, well mini, goldendoodle, has a face like a poodle,
she does not eat strudel (but I do)
She has barks for each expression,
varying in digression.....

From you woke me up, wooh wooh, to woof,
a pine cone to chase on the path, all is good.
And WOOF, which is yeah Dad is home....
all is good.
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:25 pm

Good day friends

Einstein stopped an old guy in the yard today trying to get in the gate and pet him and the guy persitted until Einstein went and sat down in his favourite spot and then the old guy waves at Einstein and goes up the street like Einstein human :mihihi: we think he's our fur child
...…should take Einstein to some Residence so that he can be a therapy dog in his old age 12 1/2 to old people as they all love him in the neighborhood but that sounds like to much work to me :%: :grhug:
IMG_1130[98]_edited.jpg
Gary took this photo of an eagle perched on the Arthur Lang Bridge coming home from work walking on the bike and pedestian lanes .....the closest pole is a seagul but the far photo is of an eagle on top of a WIFI pole :mihihi: 5G or 6G pronounced wowee Mr Eagle
20190104_124349[168]_edited.jpg
20190104_124349[168]_edited_edited.jpg

Iona

Post by Iona » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:39 pm

txelements

Post by txelements » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm

:wave:

Reading

:huggie:

:bye 1:

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:30 pm

To all my Nesties :wave: :love: :grhug:

:announce:
We have got a big problem up here in the North West with our Orca Pod is dying off because they are starving literally starving and they haven't had any babies in 4 years and the Pod has gotten very small...…. especially this year as with all the rain, has not allowed the salmon to be plentiful going to spawn they get washed out to sea and most of our Aquatic birds, Orca, Eagles, Seals etc are starving for lack of salmon so the eagles have taken up the Delta city landfill that does the trimmings bins for the City of Vancouver because there is lots of protein in the soil made from trimmings...….
I also know they also feed on Herring but have not been to the Hornby Island chat lately to find how strong the Herring Run was just the Harrison River Salmon Run, and it was not good, so if salmon are scarce in North Western Canada then it staves all of our wildlife which depend on Salmon for a meal including the Grizzly Bears.
So they are thinking of feeding harbor seals to the Orca so they will survive or if they keep starving for lack of fish (not plastic) the Pod will die off in a year the experts say. But the thought of feeding the Orcas Seals is a bit unsettling to me also......just my opinion :chin: :ohmy: what do you get out of this Scott and Elle it's bad eh our pristine Rain Forest being clear cutted and on the Island Elle and even David I heard him talking about the Eagles on the news the other day, we are in a bad mess environmentally? BC is now polluted with plastic our pristine waters are killing off the Orcas eating the plastic because of low Salmon count this November eco system gone arrie :shame:
We must do something to save the planet :cry1: Just don't pollute...…. drink from paper straws not plastic and like Victortia BC you can't get plastic grocery bags they are all paper :thumlft: follow the trend the rest of BC

JudiW :bye 1: :grhug:

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:11 pm

Everything's better with a dog by your side Carolyn. :)

Lovey pics of Einstein and the eagle Judi. :)
There are similar problems world wide and if there isn't a buck to be made from it, it stays on the back burner. (Just my opinion.)

Cute vid of Sizzle with the pups Iona. :)

:wave: Naoma

Grandkids, Foxes, Minks, etc. - UPDATE January 7, 2019

Chickadee
20190107_chickadee.jpg

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:19 pm

Its right here in BC Scott we need to help save our pristine water ways and our Orcas.....home first ……….just my opinion

mmud
Content Provider

Post by mmud » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:00 am

:coffee2: Good Morning :coffee2:

Tuesday ~ January 08, 2019

windsong
Topic Assistant

Post by windsong » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:41 am

Good Morning All, just catching up.

January is always busy for me. Had to work inventory last week, wooee is it tiring. I left work went home ate dinner, then went straight to bed early each night. Glad to have that over now.

Elle - glad your owl is ok, hope you get a sighting yourself soon. Birthday is July 10. Looking forward to it.

My poor kitty has been traumatized. Sunday Porter got his head stuck in the loop of a plastic bag that had some pine cones in it. He took off running scared and frightened and I chased after trying to get him unstuck. Well I did finally get the bag off him, and after about 5 minutes he was fine and happy. But poor Zoe was really frightened by the whole thing. She went and hid downstairs and would not come out all day. Finally in the evening I went and got her out of hiding and brought her upstairs, where she promptly got on the chair underneath the dinning room table and stayed a few hours. Just before we got ready to go to bed she came down from the chair and got some food and water. But all day Monday she was still very nervous and only came out a bit. This morning she was better, but still nervous. At least she is eating and drinking and moving about a bit. I think it will take a few days of patience and love for her to settle back down. Strange Porter is usually the scaredy cat and Zoe the brave. But this time Porter got over it quickly, and Zoe is shaken up. Just goes to show you never know. I wish I had gotten rid of the pine cones right away and recycled the bag like I usually do, but I got busy and just set them down for a few minutes, well it doesn't take a cat long to get curious. Oh well live and learn. Thankfully they are both all right.

Gotta go back and check out some of the links, hugs all :grhug:
Fly like an eagle and touch the sky! - Pat
Member since 7/29/2016

Helpful Hints

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:55 am

Wow Windy its all in being a forever cat or dog or pet parent our furbabies are like our children....glad both are alright she will come around cats have 9 lives and very independent so they say dogs have only 1 :cat: :cat: You are a good kitty owner you suffered the most stress over the dilemma and the cats got 8 lives left :mihihi:

elle
Content Provider

Post by elle » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:39 pm

Thanks Windy for your b-day which when I went to record it I realised I already had it on the list. Obviously I have asked you for it already and either you did not remember or you were being polite not telling me you had already given it to me. The important thing is it is recorded and I will hopefully remember to wish all of you a Happy Birthday on the appropriate dates. I am glad you are looking forward to it. You are still a youngster. Probably the baby on the thread. :)
Oh my about Porter. :cat: Poor kitty. And a timely example of the hazards of plastic to animals. Who would have thought the wonderful invention of plastic products would be such an environmental disaster. I was out for lunch downtown today and there was a demonstration in the inner harbour about the plight of our resident Orca pod. I hope we can save them. :luck:
Still no owl sighting in my yard. It has found a good source for rats apparently and I just hope no one has resorted to poison. I have a poster in the window of my car about rat poison and it is amazing how many people have asked me about it. A lot of people don't even think about it so I am pleased I have educated some potential poisoners.
Rodenticides.jpg
I actually put a copy of the poster on one of those black rat poison boxes I saw outside an apartment building and when I went back a couple of days later the box was gone. The power of One. If we all do our little bit it adds up to a lot.
More rain here and strong wind at times too. But it has been a pretty mild winter so far. I hope it stays that way.
:bye 1:
Be the change that you want to see in the world. – Mohandas K. Gandhi

Vancouver Island Contact and
Member since August 2006

Woodlands Bleu

Post by Woodlands Bleu » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:36 pm

The power of one,
cannot be undone, we leave a path,
we chart a course, we make a difference....
Keep it up....

An owl, eats it prey, we see that thing fly away,
a hawk too, taking what is its due,
we know to applaud their course, bravo!

Good Night all,
carolyn
An upside down dog is a happy dog dreaming sweet dreams.
carolyn

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”