Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
JudyB
Admin

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Jean wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:50 pm
1:50pm.........Any word yet on the Delta2 cams? They have been down now for over 24 hours.
I just checked with Ken and he won't be able to get out there to reboot them until tomorrow. :(

Wish I had better news....

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm

The embedded east cam at Delta 2 went offline around 3:15 pm or so. Before it went offline, the time got stuck at 3:14 pm
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm
The embedded east cam at Delta 2 went offline around 3:15 pm or so. Before it went offline, the time got stuck at 3:14 pm
Thanks, Sandy! Nice to look in and see the eagles - but I also see the time is off and it's stuck in a loop. This is something that can often be helped by a reboot, so I'll try that.

Added - that seemed to work. I had to reload the embedded cam page to get the stream, but both are now on the correct time.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:46 am

6:43 am - Good Morning All! I just pulled up the Delta 2 embedded cams about 30 minutes ago and they seem to keep going off and on....has happened at least 3 or 4 times in the last 15 minutes. I check the W Zoomer cam while the embedded cams were down and that was up for some reason. Just wondering if anything can be checked.

Also, just curious as to what the problem was the other day when the cams were down completely for over a day. I understand that Ken had to make a visit to the nest area to reset the cams, or something, but just wondering if he found out what caused that issue.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:48 am

SueB wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:46 am
6:43 am - Good Morning All! I just pulled up the Delta 2 embedded cams about 30 minutes ago and they seem to keep going off and on....has happened at least 3 or 4 times in the last 15 minutes. I check the W Zoomer cam while the embedded cams were down and that was up for some reason. Just wondering if anything can be checked.

Also, just curious as to what the problem was the other day when the cams were down completely for over a day. I understand that Ken had to make a visit to the nest area to reset the cams, or something, but just wondering if he found out what caused that issue.
Good question about the problem the other day - I was assuming he needed to reboot the modem or some other piece of hardware on site (I don't know if there's a computer involved or just the modem) - but didn't ask. There is someone local who can sometimes do that, but they weren't available.

The Harrison Mills embedded cams are also going on and off (they seem fine when we log in directly), and we've been having that issue with the Surrey cams - I haven't checked White Rock yet this morning. I rebooted one of the HM cams and that didn't help, so I have doubts about it helping at Delta 2. I can try rebooting one of them if you'd like - let me know which one. And if it helps, I'll do the other. But I'm reluctant to reboot them when it's unlikely to help for more than a couple of minutes.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:03 am

I just checked the White Rock embedded cams, and the two I was watching went to spinning circles after a minute or two.

And both Surrey Reserve cams are down, though I got the North cam back after reloading the page a few times; haven't tried the South again.

I'll send a message to Ken to let him know - this seems likely to be an issue with some of the equipment at his place rather than with any of the individual cams.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:07 am

JudyB wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:48 am
SueB wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:46 am

Good question about the problem the other day - I was assuming he needed to reboot the modem or some other piece of hardware on site (I don't know if there's a computer involved or just the modem) - but didn't ask. There is someone local who can sometimes do that, but they weren't available.

The Harrison Mills embedded cams are also going on and off (they seem fine when we log in directly), and we've been having that issue with the Surrey cams - I haven't checked White Rock yet this morning. I rebooted one of the HM cams and that didn't help, so I have doubts about it helping at Delta 2. I can try rebooting one of them if you'd like - let me know which one. And if it helps, I'll do the other. But I'm reluctant to reboot them when it's unlikely to help for more than a couple of minutes.
Thanks for your reply Judy. No need to reboot them if it didn't work for H/M. I'm assuming it must be a YouTube issue then and hopefully that will be cleared up soon. Thanks again!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:04 pm

1:00 pm
I've had the Surrey and Harrison Mills cams up for the last hour or so, and the sound was occasionally a bit choppy, but I didn't see any spinning circles (well, until right now - trying to type while I have 4 large cam windows open may be overloading my internet connection; all 4 cams now have spinning circles).

1:07 pm
After reloading several times, everything is back except Surrey Reserve South. Not sure if it's just me of if the cams went down for everyone.

1:12 pm
Delta 2 embedded cams went offline shortly after I brought them up to check. I could be causing this if I was logging into one of the cams directly using the zoomer link, because that uses bandwidth - but viewing them on my computer doesn't affect the stream from YouTube - which is what's going down.

1:14 pm
Delta 2 cams are back. I'm quietly tiptoeing out....

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:31 pm

2:33 pm from Delta 2 the west embedded cams is spinning circles. The east embedded cams also goes offline and then back on.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:31 pm
2:33 pm from Delta 2 the west embedded cams is spinning circles. The east embedded cams also goes offline and then back on.
Thanks, Sandy - they're working now - no clue how long it will last. :dunno:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi everyone! I spoke to Ken, and he'll try to check the cams but doesn't know at this point why we were having issues with the embedded cams today.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:04 pm

JudyB wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:57 pm
Hi everyone! I spoke to Ken, and he'll try to check the cams but doesn't know at this point why we were having issues with the embedded cams today.

Thansk so much Judy for all you did today . :huggie: . thankfully the cams are streaming well at H Mills right now :luck:

Good Lick Ken .. :grhug:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:35 am

SATURDAY , NOVEMBER 17, 2018

Good Morning Judy and all

7:33a .. Re H Mills

Both embedded cams are stopping and going ......... the South is the worse

Thank you
Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:05 am

Good Morning All! We are having the same issue as HM with the Delta 2 Embedded Cams, going off and on quite a bit.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:26 am

Cam issue at Delta2. 9:20 am both embedded cams are offline. The zoomer cams have gone black and offline line. Right now the cams are pointed toward the field and not sure if I was quick enough to bring them back to the nest. So there is a question there. Will stay until I can see if can bring them back if not back when the cams come back online.

Edit: as I was posting this at 9:25 am, the zoomer cams came back online but not the embedded cams. Was able to bring the cams back to the nest.

Edit: Before I was able to click to log off, the zoomer cams went black again. 9:28 am logging off both cams but they are offline.

Return to “Technical Help”