NCTC - Shepherdstown, West Virginia, 2017-2018

To store all archived 'Other North American Eagle Cams' topics

Moderator: N Amer Eagle Cam TA's

Darlene
Admin

Re: NCTC - Shepherdstown, West Virginia - 2018

Post by Darlene » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:21 pm

What a wonderful tribute Debs, thank you! I am so sad to lose Belle. The first year I started watching was the year Liberty died and Smitty took over. As sad as it was I fell in love with him and Belle was such an amazing mom. I hope for a positive season here next year in spite of being devastated Belle is gone!
Darlene, Langley, member since May 10 2006

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Darlene thanks so much :rh: I remember your support and presence here 2011 was a tough season too. Thank you for your tremendous support here at this nest :huggie:

We miss Doreen here too ... its been a tough year for her and tonight i learned Doreen is in the hospital again.
God speed my friend from all of us here ... hopefully you are home soon :huggie:

:nite:

WVEagles

Post by WVEagles » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi Eagle lovers! The live cam is up and running. The eagles made a short visit to the nest tonight. Here is the video of there visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXoKpkjJddg&t=112s

Have a nice evening!
Terri

WVEagles

Post by WVEagles » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Good evening to everyone who watches this nest. The eagles made a visit to the nest. The female was first to the nest. The visit lasted about 14 minutes. The still cam is up and there is sound on the live cam now. Hope you enjoy their visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJbtHlHmH1c&t=529s

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:04 am

November 10, 2018

Morning Friends :bye 1:

Terri thanks for dropping in and updating us here.

The new eagle cam is high definition and it has pan, tilt and zoom capability. Randy Robinson, Biologist with NCTC shared a video of the cam install ... here is the link to his video update.

Thanks Randy for the terrific update and many thanks to Clayton too for all the tech support :ty:

https://www.facebook.com/USFWSNCTC/vide ... 1NTc4NjA2/

The eagles have been visiting the nest. We assume it is a new pair since Belle was injured this past spring.

I am going to lock this page soon and open a new thread for the 2019 season!

Debs
Forum Assistant

Post by Debs » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:18 pm

November 11, 2018

Today was a very sad day ... as we learned of the passing of our dear friend Doreen :rh:
I cannot imagine life without you here! All the days and nights we perched side by side talking about life at this nest or about nothing at all ... not to mention the lengthy phone calls fretting or belly laughing about life's events! I already miss you buddy :wub:

Doreen's laughter and sunshine will be missed here and all around the forum :cry1:

Doreen :rh: soar high my friend ... until we meet again :huggie:

Hugs to our friends here :grhug:

In honor of Doreen i am locking this thread and unlocking the 2019 thread, which is dedicated to Doreen's memory and all the love and time she devoted to these birds!

Here is the link to the new thread viewtopic.php?f=44&t=350

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”