TERF01 (tracked 2/23/18 - 9/19/18)

Live Tracking: General Comments; BETA04/Loki; Tracking TERF01; Tracking TERF05;

Moderator: Tracked Eagles TA's

marg
Content Provider

Re: Tracking TERF01

Post by marg » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:42 am

It seems like TERF01 is still in the same area.
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:24 am

TERF01 has not checked in lately so is still in the same area of Bella Coola.
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:10 am

I believe TERF01 has not checked in again and is still in the same area. Maybe, TERF01 will check in soon :luck: .
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:05 am

TERF01 has not checked in lately so I assume is still in Bella Coola.

Information here:

Bella Coola, British Columbia

Although it is not on the coast, the village of Bella Coola, British Columbia, has the distinction of being on salt water.

A sport fisherman's dream, this village is located in the strategic position where the Bella Coola River joins with the salt water of the Pacific. A great many adventures and sights open up to those who find their way to this western terminus of Highway 20.

Bella Coola serves as a major port between Vancouver, BC, and Prince Rupert. At any time the port will be host to anything from fishing boats to pleasure craft travelling BC's Centra Coast. Canneries, log sorting and loading sites and tidal flats are all located in the port area along with facilities such as a restaurant.

This area was first settled because of the trade in oolichan grease for furs, hides and tools from inland. In the late 1800s, Norwegians established Hagensborg just east of Bella Coola, in the Bella Coola Valley. The communities of Bella Coola and Hagensborg share a number of facilities, accommodations and services.

Tweedsmuir Provincial Park, to the east of Bella Coola, provides a wilderness setting for a number of outdoor adventures including hiking the Alexander Mackenzie Heritage Trail. (contact BC Parks for more information).

The nearby communities of Bella Bella, Shearwater and Ocean Falls can be accessed by water to explore British Columbia native culture, experience kayaking and explore numerous inlets and waterfalls.
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:56 pm

I don't know if TERF01 is giving a signal right now? Can anyone tell me if it has been heard from I have nothing to indicate that it has checked in. Thanks.
Last edited by marg on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm afraid TERF01 hasn't uploaded any location data since September 19 - the map on her page on the website (https://hancockwildlife.org/our-project ... ge/terf01/) usually shows the most recent data when you open the page, and September 19 is the date at the top:
20181203_010.jpg

There are several possible reasons why there hasn't been any data uploaded in almost three months. It is possible that something happened to her - but Myles mentioned that TERF04's battery was low - which may mean there was an issue with the batteries in that group of tags. It's also possible that she's spent the last few months somewhere with no cell coverage. TERF04 went two months without uploading any data before we heard from him in mid-November.

It seems unlikely that we have actually lost four of the five eagles David and Myles tagged, especially since three of the four eagles who haven't checked in for more than a month are full adults with proven survival skills - and I am ever the optimist, but it seems more likely that the tags stopped working, or the eagles have been out of the reach of cell towers.

And I hope to hear from TERF01 and the others soon.

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:40 am

I hope that TERF01 is o.k. Judy I have checked her page (indicating where she has travelled and currently is located) often but TERF01 is either in that area or one of the reasons you indicate. :(
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:16 am

TERF01 I believe has checked in.
I cannot seen to click into TERF01 it brings up TERF02 when I click on TERF01?
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

Return to “Live Tracking - Comments”