Request a New Thread Here

Request a new thread to follow and report on a new topic on a regular basis here
gemini
Admin

Request a New Thread Here

Post by gemini » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Post here if you want to request a new topic.

stim
Content Provider

Re: Request a New Thread Here

Post by stim » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi Sharon! I have finally opened our MabelRd/9thSt eagles nest thread on the forum Nests in BC with Ground Observers.
I also have a new eagle nest to post on, will call the thread East Porpoise Bay Rd Eagles' Nest by Blue Heron sign, Sechelt BC on the Sunshine Coast BC.
Hoping this is all good with you.
Sandra

March 14 I have opened our Marsh Nest in Sechelt thread.

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:41 pm

I'm looking for the Sidney nest thread as I had it bookmarked on my favourites and now I seem to not be able to locate it could you please link me JudiW my e mail address is [email protected]

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:44 pm

What am I doing wrong here? JudiW

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:07 pm

JudiW wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:41 pm
I'm looking for the Sidney nest thread as I had it bookmarked on my favourites and now I seem to not be able to locate it could you please link me JudiW my e mail address is [email protected]
Hi Judi! Sorry for the delay replying - things have been busy lately and I haven't been able to be online that much.

The Sidney thread is here - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=295 and there's a picture of an eagle in the nest in the last post!

SueD

Post by SueD » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:38 pm

Question: Is there a way to create a general thread in the "Falcoln" forum? I see threads devoted to particular nests, but not a general thread for photos or screenshots. I have a screenshot of a pygmy falcon from a recent WildEarth safari drive that I'd like to share.

Also, would it be possible to add Red-tailed Hawk and Sharp-shinned Hawk threads to the "Other Raptors" forum? Right now there's only a thread devoted specifically to the Cooper's Hawk. Thanks!
aka byline ~ 2012

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:03 am

The Trio eagles now have a live cam and I have built a new thread for the 2020-2021 nesting season. Here is a link to the new forum for this coming year. Please, if there are any questions, please let me know. Thanks!
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:54 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:03 am
The Trio eagles now have a live cam and I have built a new thread for the 2020-2021 nesting season. Here is a link to the new forum for this coming year. Please, if there are any questions, please let me know. Thanks!
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536
Thanks, Sandy! Since you can start the thread, all you really need to do is post on the Site Map thread to say that your new thread is ready - and I see you did that - viewtopic.php?f=70&t=14#p401732.

Posting there lets gemini update the Site Map to link to the new thread, and she also moves the old locked threads to the Archives.

This thread is more for requests like SueD's above (which I did not see :oops2: - I think I need to add notifications for this thread so that won't happen again).

And we get confused ourselves some of the time - it is a large forum! :yes:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:07 pm

SueD wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:38 pm
Question: Is there a way to create a general thread in the "Falcoln" forum? I see threads devoted to particular nests, but not a general thread for photos or screenshots. I have a screenshot of a pygmy falcon from a recent WildEarth safari drive that I'd like to share.

Also, would it be possible to add Red-tailed Hawk and Sharp-shinned Hawk threads to the "Other Raptors" forum? Right now there's only a thread devoted specifically to the Cooper's Hawk. Thanks!
Gosh, Sue, I am so sorry. :oops2: I am just now seeing this - and I will add this thread to the ones that send notifications so I don't miss future requests.

If you're still interested, I'll be happy to add a "Random Falcon Nests and News" thread, with the usual notice that if there's enough interest in a particular nest, we can set up a thread for it.

And I'll be happy to add threads for Red-Tailed and Sharp-shinned Hawks - also probably suggesting that we could set up thread for specific nests if there's interest over time.

I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner - and wish you a Happy New Year!

SueD

Post by SueD » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:44 am

Thank you, Judy! I had forgotten about this, myself. I will have to track down that falcon screenshot. A general thread would be good. And yes, if you could add the red-tailed hawk and sharp-shinned hawk threads, I would appreciate it.
aka byline ~ 2012

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:47 pm

SueD wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:44 am
Thank you, Judy! I had forgotten about this, myself. I will have to track down that falcon screenshot. A general thread would be good. And yes, if you could add the red-tailed hawk and sharp-shinned hawk threads, I would appreciate it.
Done!

Random Falcon Nests and News - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=545

Red-Tailed Hawks - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=546

Sharp-shinned Hawks - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=547

Please feel free to post if there are other species you'd like to post about from time to time.

Note: I added a "reserved" post as a second post in case we discover something we think should go at the beginning of the thread - have to admit that right now I'm curious why a hawk would be called "sharp-shinned." I have this image of a hawk subduing its prey by kicking it with a very sharp shin. :roll: Off to google the name....

SueD

Post by SueD » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Thank you, Judy! As for sharpies, I'm not sure about how their name came into being, but I do know that sharp-shinned hawks and Cooper's hawks look very similar. There are some subtle clues to tell them apart: https://www.audubon.org/news/a-beginner ... nned-hawks
aka byline ~ 2012

Return to “Request a New Thread”