please be aware that nothing is permanent here
Jean
Topic Assistant

Re: Practice Thread

Post by Jean » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:22 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:08 pm
Neat! And a lovely picture, too!

I don't think I ever slide anything anywhere - tried way back when, but sometimes files are copied and sometimes they're moved, and I sort of gave up on it. My s'caps go to a folder, and I click Browse and they're usually the top pictures there - so for me it's quick - but I can see how this would work better for you. I don't remember seeing any way to turn off the Attachments label, but I'll take a look.
That would be wonderful if we could get rid of the "Attachments" label...........a very simple way to post s'caps and I think the other Delta zoomers are doing that.

So my question is............how important is it to try to post s'caps without the Attachments label showing?
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:44 pm

I see no problem with having the Attachments label, Jean.

I didn't see any option to remove it in the settings, so we'd need to tweak the software - and that might be possible - but not until we get everything else up and running.

If the Attachments label is a problem for people, please remind me in a couple of weeks, and I'll see if I can take a look at the code and figure how to remove it - phpBB has a good support forum, and I can generally find instructions for doing almost everything I've wanted to do.

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:25 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:44 pm
I see no problem with having the Attachments label, Jean.

I didn't see any option to remove it in the settings, so we'd need to tweak the software - and that might be possible - but not until we get everything else up and running.

If the Attachments label is a problem for people, please remind me in a couple of weeks, and I'll see if I can take a look at the code and figure how to remove it - phpBB has a good support forum, and I can generally find instructions for doing almost everything I've wanted to do.
Thanks Judy, I personally don't have a big issue with the Attachment label............but I know it looks cleaner without it. FYI........here is the message that comes up when you click on "attachments" when you are posting something:
Attachments
1.JPG
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:54 pm

I am having the attachment problem also-- it seems because when you hit the insert image icon above all you get is the [img's] & no where to go to your computer to get the address/file of the photo you would have to know it and copy & paste ?- which is why I
used attachment below - then it gives you add files box & goes to your computer but it has to be over 500 by 500 to not get the word attachment on photo {if mine are close I increase them to at least 500 both ways}
& then you have to click on place inline too or lose it--I am going to go look how to put on photos using icon above
all I get from insert image above is [img]s {3rd icon from the right} is this how others are doing it I just started a few hours ago doing it
2018-02-25_180858.jpg
---
Last edited by queenie on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behold the birds of the heaven, that they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not ye of much more value then they? ~ ASV Matt. 6:26

amd
Topic Assistant

Post by amd » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:35 pm

let's see if I can do this.... :fonz: here goes....
6:43 pm Berry nest, raining
-- little B's head peeking out and is over Ma Berry's left foot
643.jpg
643b.jpg
648.jpg
added --- Yay! success! Really neat! Thanks JudyB for pointing me in the right direction regarding the signature line!!
I am so rusty....lol!!
Last edited by amd on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle
(member since 2013)

queenie
Topic Assistant

Post by queenie » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:43 pm

viewtopic.php?f=52&p=1114#p1114
^wonder how you did that? mine above link was less than 500 up & down like your's but I got the attachment on it & then I also got it on my previous post until I started an attachment just to get the address and then copied & pasted it in my img 's and somehow the attachment like right above went away {in my previous post}
but here it is again using just attachment
Attachments
2018-02-25_182237.jpg
Behold the birds of the heaven, that they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not ye of much more value then they? ~ ASV Matt. 6:26

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Re: Test s'cap

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:42 pm

4E6BD92E-CC07-4981-A7F8-B9E417A0D541.jpeg
AKA: Marianne

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:28 pm

Trying to post Eaglewoman's photo
Terri-big.jpg
One of my photos - 713 KB (forum should allow up to 999) (note - we used a cropped version of this - I'm posting it only because it's between 500 and 1000 KB - Chelsea's a lovely cat, but the setting's a mess!)

ChelseaGirl2017.jpg
That worked.

Trying one that's 1.69 MB (which shouldn't work at current settings) - and it doesn't.

According to the settings on the old forum, attachments appeared to be limited to 512 KB (.5 MB) - but they weren't. So I'm off to raise the settings here.

And here's a very large picture of Chelsea Girl that I was able to post on the old forum:
mfFzIUOER90226170253.jpg

And it took a l-o-n-g time to load - but it loaded.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Love the pictures of Chelsea Girl Judy..she is so photogenic... :)

Trying PNG full screen capture

No Luck..... said it was too big .. no size mentioned..
Here it is converted JPEG
screenshot_01.jpg
Tried the png one again and it loaded at 1.7MB
Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 10.27.02 PM.png
Will try another PNG
Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 10.34.18 PM.png
and it went through at 1.4 MB

Will see what tomorrow will bring when I try to post a png s'cap on the nest threads.. ..... :)

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 am

Have a question about the new forum site searching on the Internet. I attempted to show my students the new site by simply doing a search for the Hancock Wildlife forum. I tried several different combinations but no luck. The old site kept coming up. I was able to go to an email Jean sent to me to get the "absolute address" with the https: address. When will the new forum site be "searchable?"

Thanks so much and certainly enjoying the new posting procedures and the feel of the new site. Appreciate all the hard work put into making this so enjoyable.
Sandy
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:16 am

Sandy, I think the new forum is searchable under:

http://forum.hancockwildlife.org/

I just found it using google. (the word forum in front of the usual link is the change) Eventually the link may change back but for now it should work. Be sure and check the link under the Hancock name that comes up.

Maddy
Topic Assistant

Re: Test s'cap

Post by Maddy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:24 pm

E9 is 7 yo now

Pauljk

Post by Pauljk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:03 pm

Visitor on the DC nest yesterday. It seemed to make itself at home for a while till MrP performed an eviction. Here's the video of that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyafYiC ... e=youtu.be.
Capture.JPG
© 2018 American Eagle Foundation, EAGLES.ORG

FlyForeverFree
Topic Assistant

Post by FlyForeverFree » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:19 pm

Dunrovin nest practice time, :mihihi:

Tuesday, March 6th 2018

Newsflash... from the Dunrovin FB group
march 6 dunrovin fb.JPG

early evening activities from the Redwing Blackbirds

march 6 dunrovin 1639.JPG
march 6 dunrovin 1700.JPG
“No matter how few possessions you own or how little money you have, loving wildlife and nature will make you rich beyond measure.”

― Paul Oxton

rainna4

Post by rainna4 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:18 am

Giving this a try......
Monday Mornings.jpg
Monday Mornings.jpg (29.97 KiB) Viewed 5975 times
picture from SWFlorida Chat, author unknown by me.

Rainna

Return to “Practice Area”