Apple User Support

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
jkr
Admin

Apple User Support

Post by jkr » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:17 pm

This thread is for MAC, iPad and iPhone questions,issues, problems and solutions you may run into here at HWF.
Judy (jkr) - member since 2006
Need Help ? Check our HELPFUL HINTS

JudyB
Admin

Re: Apple User Support

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 am

Good morning, everyone!

I've received the following question via email -

"I have tried repeatedly to delete a 2015 (three years ago!) live cam site of Red tailed Hawks in an email folder. Could you please advise how I do this? It will not move to 'trash'. I use an iPad."

I have an iPad, but don't use it for mail, so thought I would ask here to see if those of you more familiar with iPads could help her. I'll send her a link to this post so she can also check for solutions.

Thanks! :ty:

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm

JudyB wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 am
Good morning, everyone!

"I have tried repeatedly to delete a 2015 (three years ago!) live cam site of Red tailed Hawks in an email folder. Could you please advise how I do this? It will not move to 'trash'. I use an iPad."

I have an iPad, but don't use it for mail, so thought I would ask here to see if those of you more familiar with iPads could help her. I'll send her a link to this post so she can also check for solutions.

Hi Judy! I just saw this question and had to find out for myself because I was just curious. So I googled, as I do for mostly everything I don't know... and did find an answer via YouTube. If you search the following in Youtube the first video that comes up is the one I looked at. Search this: How to Fix "Unable to move message to trash" in iOS Mail. It is by AppleToolBox, so I would say pretty reliable. Hope it helps.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:38 pm

SueB wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm
JudyB wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 am
Good morning, everyone!

Hi Judy! I just saw this question and had to find out for myself because I was just curious. So I googled, as I do for mostly everything I don't know... and did find an answer via YouTube. If you search the following in Youtube the first video that comes up is the one I looked at. Search this: How to Fix "Unable to move message to trash" in iOS Mail. It is by AppleToolBox, so I would say pretty reliable. Hope it helps.
Thanks, Sue! I also generally google things like this - but didn't know enough about how Mail worked to tell what answers might be useful. I'll provide a link to the person who asked.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:46 pm

My new MacBook Air ( Mojave) takes wonderful videos but I have no idea how to post one. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.
Marianne
AKA: Marianne

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:00 am

Kitcat11848 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:46 pm
My new MacBook Air ( Mojave) takes wonderful videos but I have no idea how to post one. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.
Marianne
I'm afraid we don't have a way to upload videos directly here, Marianne, so you'd need to upload them to some place like YouTube and then post a link here. If you have questions about that, please let us know. Thanks!

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:49 pm

Thanks Judy.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi JudyB, today I tried to log in on my iphone and the forum kept telling me I was using an invalid username and/or password. I tried a few times until it locked me out. This is a screenshot of what I keep getting. I did try doing the CAPTCHA too. To my knowledge, I have not changed anything. I’ve also been knocked off quite a few times lately on my ipad but can always reenter my username and password. Not sure why it won’t work on my iphone. I have also cleared my cache and restared my iphone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
5CC7CFFC-358A-4276-83B9-8D227E6CACBC.jpeg
Marianne

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Wed May 11, 2022 6:57 am

JudyB, not sure you will see this but hope so. How do I do a “ view topic post?” I want to put B15’s last known
Sighting on the opening page and It seems everyone uses “ view topic” to do that. I did find some instructions about topics using the gavel, but tried on the practice thread and couldn’t make it work so I must be missing something. Maybe those instructions are for pc’s and not Apple? Thanks in advance.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu May 12, 2022 10:40 am

Kitcat11848 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:57 am
JudyB, not sure you will see this but hope so. How do I do a “ view topic post?” I want to put B15’s last known sighting on the opening page and It seems everyone uses “ view topic” to do that. I did find some instructions about topics using the gavel, but tried on the practice thread and couldn’t make it work so I must be missing something. Maybe those instructions are for pc’s and not Apple? Thanks in advance.
Marianne, it's always OK to send me a PM to call my attention to a post like this if I don't respond within a day or two.

As to your question - this is Berry College, right? I think all you need to do is edit the timeline post viewtopic.php?f=44&t=573#p492227. As a TA, you should see the little pencil/Edit button in the top right of each post:
20220512_001.jpg
20220512_001.jpg (4.47 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
Click that, and you should be able to edit the post to add the info. If that's not what you're asking, please try again. :)

And thanks for helping to keep the timeline updated - it's a big help!

(Love the "big wings!" picture here - viewtopic.php?f=44&t=573&start=3420#p575459!)

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:19 pm

Judy, I just got the new iPhone 14 pro max and I cannot log in to the forum. I have cleared the history and website data, restarted my phone and the forum still does not recognize my username and password. I can access it from my iPad and computer, just not my new phone. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

Marianne

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:35 pm

Good Evening Judy,

I have a weird look to my forum posting page and am wondering if it’s my iPad ( updated last night) or a forum issue. Here is a picture of what it looks like now. Before the white text box was directly below the edit bar. I’ve tried to move it up but not having any success. I did all the usual things- clear history, restart computer. I’m sure it’s something simple that I’m missing. Didn’t you say you have an ipad?
IMG_1238.jpeg
Also when I convert my pictures from png. To jpeg. I have less info. It just says IMG_then a number. JPEG.
I’m thinking this is a result of the Apple update. :dunno:
Marianne

Return to “Technical Help”