Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
SueB
Zoomer

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:31 pm

Journi wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:25 pm
Hello again! Well, just now (4:21pm CT) I had to sign in again and then it took about 25 seconds before I could post. Down on the left bottom of my PC screen it said "Waiting for Hancock Wildlife org". Is anyone else having this problem tonight?
Thanks, Journi
Hi Journi! Yes, having problems with response time on the forum. I'm not posting right now but refreshing my screen and moving from one thread to another is taking a long time. Even took a long time to log in. I know Jean at Delta is also having problems this afternoon.

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:47 pm

Sue - Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one having response problems tonight.
I'll try to refresh my page in order to post, but it's taking so long to do just one post.
I'm trying to keep the SWFEC readers/posters up to date on what is going on, but not sure what to tell them right now.
I might just have to call it a night and hope that this problems can be fixed soon.
Thanks again! ~Journi

:arrow: Sue...after I sent you this post, I refreshed my page on SWF forum and now my posts are okay!
Have a good night! ~Journi
:)
Click on s'caps to enlarge
🌄 .. .Look deeper into nature, and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein . 🌻

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 pm

SueB wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:31 pm
Journi wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:25 pm
Hello again! Well, just now (4:21pm CT) I had to sign in again and then it took about 25 seconds before I could post. Down on the left bottom of my PC screen it said "Waiting for Hancock Wildlife org". Is anyone else having this problem tonight?
Thanks, Journi
Hi Journi! Yes, having problems with response time on the forum. I'm not posting right now but refreshing my screen and moving from one thread to another is taking a long time. Even took a long time to log in. I know Jean at Delta is also having problems this afternoon.
Journi wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:47 pm
Sue - Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one having response problems tonight.
I'll try to refresh my page in order to post, but it's taking so long to do just one post.
I'm trying to keep the SWFEC readers/posters up to date on what is going on, but not sure what to tell them right now.
I might just have to call it a night and hope that this problems can be fixed soon.
Thanks again! ~Journi

:arrow: Sue...after I sent you this post, I refreshed my page on SWF forum and now my posts are okay!
Have a good night! ~Journi
:)
Hi Sue, Journi and everyone else having problems. I just got home, and see that David Hathaway made a change somewhere between 2:40 and 3 pm pacific (5:40 - 6 pm eastern) to speed things up to what they used to be (he'd turned something off while working on the issue of people not being able to log in).

Hopefully now people will be able to log in - and post quickly!

If other issues come up and you can log in and post, please post on this thread.

If you can't log in, email me at [email protected] (or my personal email if you have it - or Facebook - but keeping issues here is best for reaching many people at once, if you can get here). Thanks!

Note: If you are not able to log in, you probably need to delete your cookies - details posted earlier in this thread and an announcement post is hopefully coming soon.

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:53 am

Good morning JudyB
I don't know what was done yesterday but this early morning for you, all works perfectly for me today
I use Edge, i did nothing, this morning i had to log in in the first time (normal) and now with the remember me selected i can leave HWF and come back as i want and all is good
so a big :ty: to you and to all the support team :huggie:
:rh: E9 :rh: 2 to 3 years old
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017-2018-2019

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:22 pm

Philjo56France wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:53 am
Good morning JudyB
I don't know what was done yesterday but this early morning for you, all works perfectly for me today
I use Edge, i did nothing, this morning i had to log in in the first time (normal) and now with the remember me selected i can leave HWF and come back as i want and all is good
so a big :ty: to you and to all the support team :huggie:
Thanks, Philjo - keeping fingers crossed that we've now found and fixed all the bugs.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Judyb, looks like I’m still having login problems. If I’m off a foum site or don’t post for a period of time ( not sure if it’s 10 min. like SueB stated), I have to log back in again. I have cleaned the cache and cookies on all my Apple devices but I still get timed out. I had that same problem way back but y’all fixed it. Now with these latest updates, that problem is back, at least for me.
AKA: Marianne

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:09 pm

North cam - SR is pixelating and time is off (clock appears to go backwards in seconds)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:23 pm

gemini wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:09 pm
North cam - SR is pixelating and time is off (clock appears to go backwards in seconds)
Tried a reboot - it's better now, but I have doubts about it lasting more than 10 minutes - I plan to be at the computer until around 4 pm, and will send a message to Ken if it's starting to act up.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:30 pm

Kitcat11848 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:34 pm
Judyb, looks like I’m still having login problems. If I’m off a foum site or don’t post for a period of time ( not sure if it’s 10 min. like SueB stated), I have to log back in again. I have cleaned the cache and cookies on all my Apple devices but I still get timed out. I had that same problem way back but y’all fixed it. Now with these latest updates, that problem is back, at least for me.
Thanks for letting us know, Marianne, and I'm not ignoring you :hug: , but waiting to see if people with other browsers are also still having trouble. You're definitely not alone, but so far I haven't had anywhere near as many reports as before, so I'm hoping we're getting close.

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:08 pm

Judy, it has actually been better today. I wasn’t on much but only had to sign in one time. Thanks so much for all your help in getting this issue resolved. Computers are wonderful when they work but a major pain when there are problems.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:18 am

Good Morning All! The Delta 2 embedded cams have been going off and on since around 1:20 am Nest time. They’ve been down 6 times based on the number of YouTube videos that are out there for today.

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:44 am

Just to add to what Sue wrote about the Delta 2 cams, I took a look at the other HWF cams all seem to be having the same offline issue.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:08 am

Good Morning !

Re the H Mills and SR cams...

The embedded cams are down and they do occasionally cut in..... the direct access zoomer cams are streaming !

It is a windy day at both those nests !

Thank you

Bev

ADDED

:oops2: Just saw the above posts when I responded to Judys post !

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:47 am

8:46 am
All of the embedded cams seem to be having some issues, so I sent an email to Ken. It is the weekend so he may not be available to look at the Wowza for a while, but hopefully they'll be back before too long.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:56 am

JudyB wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:47 am
8:46 am
All of the embedded cams seem to be having some issues, so I sent an email to Ken. It is the weekend so he may not be available to look at the Wowza for a while, but hopefully they'll be back before too long.

Thanks Judy !

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:48 pm

1:45 pm
Ken rebooted the Wowza; I was out at the time, and came back to find 5 embedded cams streaming (D2 West, both HM, and WR North and WA) - and 4 that say they've been down for 7 or more hours (Delta East, WR closeup and both Surrey Reserve cams). I checked them with the zoomer link and all were fine - so I sent Ken another text.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:17 pm

2:13 pm
Ken texted that he had fixed everything - and the Surrey cams are both up - but now HM South and WR closeup are down. Maybe too many people posting pictures from the Puppy Bowl? Or it could be the wind and snow.

2:20 pm
Surrey North just went to spinning circle; snowing fairly hard there.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Re logging in

5:27pm
Hi Judy.. for the record I had to login 4 times so far today

Thanks

Bev

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:46 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:29 pm
Re logging in

Thanks

Bev
Thanks, Bev - trying to keep track of what is still not working well.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:49 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:46 pm
IrishEyes wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:29 pm
Re logging in

Thanks

Bev
Thanks, Bev - trying to keep track of what is still not working well.
You are welcome Judy and have a good night :hug:

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:48 pm

Judy, FYI: I’m stll having login problems. I’ve had to login at least 5 times today on both my ipad and Macbook.

Heather L
Zoomer

Post by Heather L » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:22 pm

Me too! Today I deleted cookies specifically for Hancock Wildlife on my chrome browser and still had problems. It seems to me No ryhme or reason as to when I can post or not post . :(

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:37 am

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2019

Good Morning!

3:36a Nest time.....The embedded and direct access zoomer cams are down at H Mills ! I don't know if there is a power outage or if it is the wind on H Mills ! I suspect a power outage but I have been wrong before !

SR N Cam is down .

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:32 am

8:30 am
Sent a message to Ken to let him know that SR North has spinning circle, WR CU is offline, and the power is out at HM so all cams are down.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 am

Good Morning All! I just noticed that the Delta W Embedded Cam is down and has been for 36 minutes....which is just about the time that I logged off of the W Zoomer cam....kind of odd. In any case, the E Embedded Cam is still working so it's just the W Embedded cam that is down.

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 am

Log-in/Log-out Issue - I wanted to post this separately....as I was on the Zoomer Cams this morning and going back and forth to post, I was logged out automatically three times.....the first time was after 8 minutes of inactivity, then 17 minutes, then 1 minute....

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:32 pm

I was checking SR and saw this
This is weird
'
1:28p
N Cam showing Delta 2W and S Cam SR
screenshot_02.jpg

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:19 pm

2:19pm...........The W embedded cam is still offline at Delta2.

Bev, it looks like your found our cam! :w00t:
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:24 pm

IrishEyes wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:32 pm
I was checking SR and saw this
This is weird
'
1:28p
N Cam showing Delta 2W and S Cam SR
screenshot_02.jpg
I think when Ken was rebooting the Wowza, he mixed up a couple of camera codes. I noticed that Delta West isn't streaming on the Delta Live Cams page, so am guessing the feed from Surrey North (which has issues more frequently than most) is going into that channel.

Added - just saw your post, Jean - and I agree! :thumlft:

I'll try giving him a call - not sure I can explain that in a text message, given how challenged I am at typing on my phone!

Added - left a message for him at 2:28 pm.

Added - I just checked the BC Hydro outage map, and power is still out (or maybe out again - they said it was because of a tree down this morning and now it says because of a snowstorm); either way, the report said a crew was expected to arrive around now, so hopefully the power will be restored soon - and if we're lucky at least one of the cams will come back up on its own soon afterwards.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:04 pm

3:02 pm
I just got off the phone with Ken, and all the cams are back where they belong - and he also got the embedded version of White Rock close-up streaming!

And the power outages site says the crew is onsite to begin work on the Harrison Mills outage.

Things are improving!

Return to “Technical Help”