Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 am
9:00 am Delta 2 east embedded cam is spinning circles and when it streams it is about 20 minutes behind. The zoomer cams and west cam are working fine.
2018-12-14_10-58-53.jpg
Thanks, Sandy - and I'm afraid I'm just seeing this now. As of 3:06 pm, both embedded cams are streaming with the current time.

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 25882
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:44 am

Good Morning All! I was just checking in on the Delta 2 Embedded cams and found that the W Embedded Cam is not streaming.
2018-12-15 09_44_04-Window.jpg

9:00 am - Update: The W Embedded cam is still not streaming. Everything else is running fine.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:14 am

SueB wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:44 am
Good Morning All! I was just checking in on the Delta 2 Embedded cams and found that the W Embedded Cam is not streaming.
2018-12-15 09_44_04-Window.jpg


9:00 am - Update: The W Embedded cam is still not streaming. Everything else is running fine.
10:13 am
I tried a reboot and it didn't help. Checked YouTube and couldn't see any problems (except that it's offline :%: ). I'll call Ken.

10:35 am
It took Ken 20 minutes poking around in the YouTube settings - but it's back!

Thanks, Ken!

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 21376
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:07 pm

4:06 pm Delta 2 embedded east cam has the spinning circle and is stalled at about 28 minutes behind. The time was at 3:38 pm which is about the same time it stopped streaming.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:07 pm
4:06 pm Delta 2 embedded east cam has the spinning circle and is stalled at about 28 minutes behind. The time was at 3:38 pm which is about the same time it stopped streaming.
I'm rebooting East. Ken rebooted the Wowza server earlier today, so hopefully that will get things back on track.

Added - looks good for now. Hopefully both cams will continue to stream peacefully.

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 25882
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:51 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:14 am
SueB wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:44 am
Good Morning All! I was just checking in on the Delta 2 Embedded cams and found that the W Embedded Cam is not streaming.
2018-12-15 09_44_04-Window.jpg


9:00 am - Update: The W Embedded cam is still not streaming. Everything else is running fine.
10:13 am
I tried a reboot and it didn't help. Checked YouTube and couldn't see any problems (except that it's offline :%: ). I'll call Ken.

10:35 am
It took Ken 20 minutes poking around in the YouTube settings - but it's back!

Thanks, Ken!
Thanks Judy & Ken for all your help with this! I really appreciate it.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 51793
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:06 am

MONDAY , DECEMBER 17, 2018

Good Morning Judy !

Re H Mills

8:58am... Both embedded are down at Mills ..we can get the N PTZ Cam and wondering if a reboot of the N Embedded Cam would help

Thanks Bev /
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:35 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:06 am
MONDAY , DECEMBER 17, 2018

Good Morning Judy !

Re H Mills

8:58am... Both embedded are down at Mills ..we can get the N PTZ Cam and wondering if a reboot of the N Embedded Cam would help

Thanks Bev /
Thanks, Bev - I've rebooted North and the embedded cam is streaming again.

Added - also rebooted both Surrey Reserve cams.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 51793
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:19 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:35 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:06 am
MONDAY , DECEMBER 17, 2018

Good Morning Judy !

Re H Mills

8:58am... Both embedded are down at Mills ..we can get the N PTZ Cam and wondering if a reboot of the N Embedded Cam would help

Thanks Bev /
Thanks, Bev - I've rebooted North and the embedded cam is streaming again.

Added - also rebooted both Surrey Reserve cams.


Thanks so much for doing both :hug:
Bev
Added No sound on the N H Mills Cam
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 51793
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 am




Good Morning Judy !

6:30a,.. The Surrey S Cam has spinning circle
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:01 am

IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 am



Good Morning Judy !

6:30a,.. The Surrey S Cam has spinning circle
Good morning, Bev!

Surrey South rebooted.

Audio settings for Harrison North look OK, though maybe a little lower than some other cams - nothing more I can do remotely.

Harrison South is still offline, and will probably need a site visit, probably after the holidays. Hopefully Ken will be able to fix the sound on the North cam at the same time.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 51793
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:06 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:01 am
IrishEyes wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 am



Good Morning Judy !

6:30a,.. The Surrey S Cam has spinning circle
Good morning, Bev!

Surrey South rebooted.

Audio settings for Harrison North look OK, though maybe a little lower than some other cams - nothing more I can do remotely.

Harrison South is still offline, and will probably need a site visit, probably after the holidays. Hopefully Ken will be able to fix the sound on the North cam at the same time.

Thanks so much Judy ! :huggie: and hopefully Ken can do both on his site visit ! :luck: A huge thank you to Ken for all you do ! :grhug:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:56 am

I sent Ken a text message about Surrey South - he said the spinning circle there is generally a Wowza issue.

I'll be offline at least most of the afternoon.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 51793
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:06 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:56 am
I sent Ken a text message about Surrey South - he said the spinning circle there is generally a Wowza issue.

I'll be offline at least most of the afternoon.
Thanks Judy and have a good afternoon !
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:18 am

Good morning, everyone! I thought I'd post the current map of outages from BC Hydro
20181221_001.jpg

It was a very major storm.

Only the Delta 2 cams are streaming, as far as I can tell - and looking at all the outages, I'm surprised that even one nest still has power.

Sending good thoughts to all the people and animals affected by this massive storm. :grhug:

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:30 am

Good very early morning, everyone.

White Rock cams are back up!

Keeping fingers crossed for Harrison Mills and Surrey Reserve.

:offtobed:

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:44 pm

2:38 pm
Ken is on his way to check on the Surrey Reserve cams - his guess is that the power was out for long enough so the internet provider assigned a new IP address to the cams. He'll be able to get that from the equipment on site, and then plug it into his computer when he gets back home - and hopefully we'll be back on line in a few hours.

It looks from the BC Power outages map as if the big outage near Harrison Mills has been fixed - but it does seem to take a while for the cams to restart after an outage, and it might require a site visit, which is not likely to happen until after the 25th. But the North cam does sometimes come back on its own, and the South cam has done that occasionally as well, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a happy holiday surprise. :luck:

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 51793
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:07 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:44 pm
2:38 pm
Ken is on his way to check on the Surrey Reserve cams - his guess is that the power was out for long enough so the internet provider assigned a new IP address to the cams. He'll be able to get that from the equipment on site, and then plug it into his computer when he gets back home - and hopefully we'll be back on line in a few hours.

It looks from the BC Power outages map as if the big outage near Harrison Mills has been fixed - but it does seem to take a while for the cams to restart after an outage, and it might require a site visit, which is not likely to happen until after the 25th. But the North cam does sometimes come back on its own, and the South cam has done that occasionally as well, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for a happy holiday surprise. :luck:
Thanks so much Judy for the updates and you Ken for all you do and good luck !

Have a wonderful Christmas Judy and Ken !
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

DDuckies2
Zoomer
Posts: 5882
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: White Rock/Surrey BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by DDuckies2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:23 am

WHITE ROCK SOUTH AXIS zoom cam down. Also live stream down. :)

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:56 am

DDuckies2 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:23 am
WHITE ROCK SOUTH AXIS zoom cam down. Also live stream down. :)
Thanks, Dianne - I'll let Ken know. I'm going to ask Ken to give priority to Surrey Reserve because both cams are down there, and the other three White Rock cams are up - but they're not that far apart so perhaps he'll be able to check them both on the same trip.

Has the live stream been up at all? I know Ken has been trying to figure out why it won't stream to YouTube, but hadn't heard that he's succeeded.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:13 pm

1:12 pm
I just found a message from Ken sent around 12:20 - the Surrey Reserve cams are back (thank you, Ken!) and he says he'll be working on the rest.

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 25882
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:47 am

9:46 am - Good Morning All! The Delta 2 Embedded cams went down at 9:39 am. I was on the zoomer cams at the time and they did not go down. I logged off the zoomer cams at 9:42 am and they were still fine so I think it's just the embedded cams that are down at this point.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:52 am

Surrey and White Rock embedded cams went down about the same time - I'm guessing Ken's doing something with the Wowza server - will go find my cell phone to see if he sent me a message.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:37 am

11:29 am
I just heard from Ken - it was an issue with the modem at his place that connects to the high speed line he's using for the cameras. He's switched them to his regular internet service for now (which means we might have a bit more buffering, though we're hoping not), and a technician is coming on Sunday to figure out what's wrong with the modem.

For now - Delta 2, Surrey Reserve and the usual 3 cams at White Rock are streaming; the Harrison Mills cams may still come up on their own at some point - or Ken may need to make a site visit after the first of the year. And much as I miss seeing them (and reading the great coverage), it may be helpful if they don't come up in terms of keeping things streaming on the slower connection.

And on that note, the Surrey embedded cams just went down. As did Delta. I'm not going to bother checking White Rock - and with luck Ken was just rebooting something and they'll be back soon.

Stay tuned.


11:39 am
They're back!

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 51793
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:13 pm

SATURDAY , DECEMBER 29, 2018


Good Afternoon Judy!

11:50a
S Surrey Cam has spinning circle

Thanks
Bev!

PS Thanks for the update on the cams from Dec. 28 Judy!
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Good afternoon, Bev and all -

Ken's tried rebooting the Wowza server a couple of times, but we can't keep the Surrey embedded cams streaming - they start losing time to spinning circles almost immediately. I also rebooted them with no improvement. Hopefully the internet folks will be able to get to his house as scheduled tomorrow, and once the high speed connection there is back up, the cams should be streaming better.

Baita
Zoomer
Posts: 1691
Joined: Mar 02, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Baita » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Thank you Judy for the information about the cams. I appreciate all the work that people are putting into restarting the streaming. Have a good Sunday! :grhug: :rh:
I follow SWFL, Harrison Mills, and Smøla

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 51793
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:44 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:29 pm
Good afternoon, Bev and all -

Ken's tried rebooting the Wowza server a couple of times, but we can't keep the Surrey embedded cams streaming - they start losing time to spinning circles almost immediately. I also rebooted them with no improvement. Hopefully the internet folks will be able to get to his house as scheduled tomorrow, and once the high speed connection there is back up, the cams should be streaming better.
Thanks so much Judy .. :luck: for tomorrow :grhug:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 17391
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:24 am

10:24am...........All cams are going on and off at Delta2 right now..........don't seem to want to stay on.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 5019
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:38 am

Jean wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:24 am
10:24am...........All cams are going on and off at Delta2 right now..........don't seem to want to stay on.
Thanks, Jean! I'll send an email to Ken - sounds as if something may need rebooting on site, though he may be able to do that remotely.

I tried logging into the cams - got a sign-in screen for East but never connected, and didn't even get a sign-in screen for West (though I didn't wait very long).

Post Reply

Return to “Technical Help”