Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 75426
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:06 pm

FYI

6:29pmBoth embedded cams are streaming at H Mills
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
gemini
Admin
Posts: 2335
Joined: Dec 15, 2017
Location: North Vancouver, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by gemini » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:55 pm

11:58 pm The SR North Cam is stuck at 3:45 pm. (scap posted on SR thread)
Image


Member since: 7/31/2006

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:48 am

Good morning, everyone. Morning embedded cam check.

Delta 2 West is streaming; East says live stream offline
Harrison Mills North and South are both streaming
Surrey Reserve South is streaming; North is stuck at 6 am with a spinning circle
White Rock CU/West is streaming; WA appears to be streaming and the time stamp is close, but the spinning circle is showing up frequently for me; North says live stream offline

Last I knew, Ken and I were both having trouble logging into White Rock North with the admin account necessary to update the link to YouTube; he's working on a way around that.

I looked for early morning visits on those cams that had dvr from then (all the streaming ones), and did not see any eagles.

I'll send this update to Ken.

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 36966
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:59 am

Good Morning All!

Both of the Delta 2 Embedded cams are offline now.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:15 am

11:09 am
I've been out running errands and came back to find a message from Ken. He called about 10:20 pacific time to let me know he was going back out to White Rock to try to connect to the North/HikVision cam.

I see the Surrey embedded cams are down, and a quick check suggests that only Harrison Mills North is currently streaming, so he may be resetting all the links again.

According to the instructions on the Facebook help site, once the links are set, they should stay set - and I'm hoping that will start happening sooner rather than later.

I'm going to be away from the computer starting around 1 pm pacific; I'll have my phone and may be able to check in occasionally, but no promises.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 75426
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:06 am

WEDNESDAY, SEPT.30, 2020

Good Morning Judy

Re H Mills .

N embedded Cam has spinning circle and is stuck at 11:55pm last night.

S embedded Cam is down


Both PTZ Cams are streaming

Thank You

Bev

EtA..Both embedded cams at SR are down since 4am this morning ..
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:13 am

Good morning, everyone!

7:13 am

I just spoke with Ken. He had to move some equipment, so all embedded cams are down at the moment. He will be reloading them into the Wowza to send to YouTube, so hopefully they will start coming back up soon.

He is still having trouble communicating with the HikVision cam, and is working with the people at HikVision to resolve that. The cam itself is streaming fine, and I can log in, but not as an administrator.

Off-topic - we are getting some much-needed rain here today - unfortunately accompanied by some strong winds, so I may lose power at some point. I should be able to check email on my phone if that happens, but won't be posting much.

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 36966
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:29 am

Thanks for the update Judy! I just happened to check the Delta 2 Embedded cams while I was on the zoomer cams and both were up.

E Embedded Cam came up at 8:38 am
W Embedded Cam came up at 8:22 am

Thanks to you and Ken for all the time you have been putting in to try to get everything up and runnin!

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:49 am

Thanks, Sue! I think all the embedded cams are streaming except White Rock WA - thank you, Ken!

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 75426
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:16 am

JudyB wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:13 am
Good morning, everyone!

7:13 am

I just spoke with Ken. He had to move some equipment, so all embedded cams are down at the moment. He will be reloading them into the Wowza to send to YouTube, so hopefully they will start coming back up soon.

He is still having trouble communicating with the HikVision cam, and is working with the people at HikVision to resolve that. The cam itself is streaming fine, and I can log in, but not as an administrator.

Off-topic - we are getting some much-needed rain here today - unfortunately accompanied by some strong winds, so I may lose power at some point. I should be able to check email on my phone if that happens, but won't be posting much.
Thank You Judy for the update.. I posted it on H Mills ..sorry 11:28a the H Mills embedded cams are down.Hope all is well in Maine and you have your power :hug: I was away from my computer and I didn't know they were back. :oops2:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 26641
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:30 am

11:29am............Sorry to report the embedded cams at Delta are down again............don't know for how long but there were streaming shortly after 10am.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:04 pm

11:50 am
It looks as if all the embedded cams are down except White Rock North.

There's a song my husband sings about feeling as if you're taking one step forward then two steps back. We will get there eventually - but it's sure not easy.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 75426
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:09 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:04 pm
11:50 am
It looks as if all the embedded cams are down except White Rock North.

There's a song my husband sings about feeling as if you're taking one step forward then two steps back. We will get there eventually - but it's sure not easy.
Thank you Judy and Ken for all you do~ :hug:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 75426
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:59 pm

HI ... 1:52pm Nest time ...... The N Embedded Cam is streaming on H Mills :thumlft:

2:02pm S Embedded Cam ia streaning at H Mills :thumlft:

Thank You Judy and Ken :grhug:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 75426
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:28 pm

2:25p Nest time .Sorry ..both embedded cams are down at H Mills .... It is encouraging they were up ....... thank you so much Judy and Ken ! :hug:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:51 am

Good morning....

I think only the Delta embedded cams are streaming this morning.

Ken is planning to switch to a newly rebuilt server at some point today, and all embedded cams will be down while that happens. If we're lucky, once he's done that, maybe at least most of them will start streaming again.
:luck:

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:01 pm

Ken has started reloading the cams to the new improved Wowza server (completely rebuilt, more RAM, new hard drive, updated software).

As of 5:51 pm, the Delta 2 cams are streaming.


I'm also doing some testing on my personal YouTube page https://youtube.com/user/WatchingEagletsGrow - I don't know how long it will last, but for the moment it streaming a low res version of Surrey Reserve South; at the moment we think the reason I can't stream a higher res version is the upload speed at the Surrey Reserve site, because I was able to stream the Delta 2 East cam on my page at full high res when we tested that, suggesting that the limitation is not at my end. WARNING - the sound is awful from Surrey is awful, probably because the encoding software I'm using can't handle the format the cam uses.

The primary thing we're testing here is if the stream stays up longer on my site than on the HWF sites or if they both go down at the same time.

I'm not sure if Ken will add Surrey South to his new server - but he is working on getting the other cams streaming there so they'll appear on the Live Cam pages..

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 75426
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:06 pm

JudyB wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:01 pm
Ken has started reloading the cams to the new improved Wowza server (completely rebuilt, more RAM, new hard drive, updated software).

As of 5:51 pm, the Delta 2 cams are streaming.


I'm also doing some testing on my personal YouTube page https://youtube.com/user/WatchingEagletsGrow - I don't know how long it will last, but for the moment it streaming a low res version of Surrey Reserve South; at the moment we think the reason I can't stream a higher res version is the upload speed at the Surrey Reserve site, because I was able to stream the Delta 2 East cam on my page at full high res when we tested that, suggesting that the limitation is not at my end. WARNING - the sound from Surrey is awful, probably because the free encoding software I'm using can't handle the format the cam uses.

The primary thing we're testing here is if the stream stays up longer on my site than on the HWF sites or if they both go down at the same time.

I'm not sure if Ken will add Surrey South to his new server - but he is working on getting the other cams streaming there so they'll appear on the Live Cam pages..
Thanks,so much Judy and Ken for all your hard work and all you are doing .. good luck :luck: :hug:
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 26641
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:36 pm

6:36...........FYI.............Both Delta embedded cams came back between 5 and 5:30pm.........but both have gone down again in the last few minutes and are now playing old videos.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 36966
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 am

Good Morning All! Both Delta 2 Embedded cams are back online but the W Embedded Cam does not have a rollback on it so we can only see whatever is currently LIVE.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 am

SueB wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 am
Good Morning All! Both Delta 2 Embedded cams are back online but the W Embedded Cam does not have a rollback on it so we can only see whatever is currently LIVE.
I tried changing it, but it doesn't seem to have taken my change. Ken may need to restart the stream - I'll send him a message about this, but I'm hoping he's taking a break as I think he was up half the night.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:34 am

October 2, 8:25 am

Delta 2 embedded cams are streaming (dvr is not working on West)

Harrison Mills embedded cams are streaming

I have a low-res version of Surrey Reserve South streaming on my personal YouTube page https://youtube.com/user/WatchingEagletsGrow using a free encoder (so not going through the Wowza software). I had an issue with the sound but got that fixed this morning. I think the signal from the cam is not strong enough for me to stream it at a higher resolution, though I may try that again later today - but at least this will let us see if there are any visits. I did do a quick test of my setup with the feed from Delta 2 East and could stream that at full high res 1080HD, so the limiting factor is not my computer (though I don't have enough bandwidth to stream more than one or maybe two cams - and my open source encoder is made for a single stream.

None of the White Rock embedded cams were streaming the last time I checked.

User avatar
Yolande
Topic Assistant
Posts: 8733
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Yolande » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:13 am

Morning Judy and all...

The embedded cams are down at HM at the moment...

Also, I was not able to pull the SPTZ back as far as we used to - so we are getting a quite 'close-up' view of the nest when it is pulled back as far as it will go...
Untitled 56792.jpg
This is how it would normally look when fully pilled back....
Untitled 23718.jpg
Thanks!

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 36966
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:26 am

JudyB wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 am
SueB wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 am
Good Morning All! Both Delta 2 Embedded cams are back online but the W Embedded Cam does not have a rollback on it so we can only see whatever is currently LIVE.
I tried changing it, but it doesn't seem to have taken my change. Ken may need to restart the stream - I'll send him a message about this, but I'm hoping he's taking a break as I think he was up half the night.
Thanks Judy....and Ken. Yes I bet he was up very late as I see the Delta cams came up around 2 am so that must mean he was up at that point too.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:25 am

SueB wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:26 am
JudyB wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 am
SueB wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 am
Good Morning All! Both Delta 2 Embedded cams are back online but the W Embedded Cam does not have a rollback on it so we can only see whatever is currently LIVE.
I tried changing it, but it doesn't seem to have taken my change. Ken may need to restart the stream - I'll send him a message about this, but I'm hoping he's taking a break as I think he was up half the night.
Thanks Judy....and Ken. Yes I bet he was up very late as I see the Delta cams came up around 2 am so that must mean he was up at that point too.
Fixed! Ken had to stop the stream briefly so he could make the change.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:39 am

Yolande wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:13 am
Morning Judy and all...

The embedded cams are down at HM at the moment...

Also, I was not able to pull the SPTZ back as far as we used to - so we are getting a quite 'close-up' view of the nest when it is pulled back as far as it will go...
Untitled 56792.jpg

This is how it would normally look when fully pilled back....
Untitled 23718.jpg

Thanks!
Thanks, Yolande -

It looks as if Ken changed this setting as part of trying different things to keep the cams streaming (they are usually set for Full HD even if the stream we're sending is smaller):
20201002_001.jpg
20201002_001.jpg (9.66 KiB) Viewed 124 times
and now it's only showing part of the stream. He's in the middle of trying something else, but I'll ask about setting it back when I get a chance.

User avatar
Yolande
Topic Assistant
Posts: 8733
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Yolande » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 am

Thanks so much, Judy.. Perhaps Ken will be able to restore the 'view' on the SPTZ. I seem to remember it happening before...

I know you are both already very busy right now, though!

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 35247
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:59 am

10:58 am from Delta 2 east and west embedded cams: east cam is offline and the west cam does now have rollback on the DVR.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:24 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:59 am
10:58 am from Delta 2 east and west embedded cams: east cam is offline and the west cam does now have rollback on the DVR.
Both Delta embedded cams appear to be streaming - East dvr only goes back a few minutes, so I think Ken just restarted it.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 8543
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:32 am

Yolande wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 am
Thanks so much, Judy.. Perhaps Ken will be able to restore the 'view' on the SPTZ. I seem to remember it happening before...

I know you are both already very busy right now, though!
He and I are both able to do it - but I just checked and he made the same change at Harrison North, so he may be seeing if it affects ... something. If we knew the something that needed fixing, it would be easier to figure how to do it - but since we don't, we probably will try other things that cause temporary issues. So far this doesn't seem to have helped (the HM embedded cams are down) so he may be planning to put it back soon (or it may be part of a bigger experiment). Please remind me tomorrow if it's still set this way. Thanks!

Post Reply

Return to “Technical Help”