Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Report cams up/down or if you need technical assistance.
User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 am

Jean wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:55 pm
8:52pm......Don't know what is going on with the embedded cam views for the past day or so. When trying to click on YT and take a fullscreen s'cap they freeze and spinning circles appear. They seem to come back in a bit but it is impossible to get any s'caps from there. And with the rollback being so long now it is almost useless for finding anything. No one has that much time to try to find the particular thing they are looking for in that rollback now that it is so long. It was much better at a 4 hour rollback. And the cam controls are so slow to respond at times............really frustrating.
DDuckies2 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:04 pm
Per what Jean says in previous post- Who controls how long the play back option goes? Are there choices? In my opinion 4 to 6 hours would be so much better, as then at least we can find what we are looking for. :) .
Jean, I will try to check with Ken later today to see if there has been any progress with updating the internet service at Delta 2 - at the very least, that might help with the cam controls. I have noticed that when I reload my live cams page for Surrey after doing a reboot, I have been getting a spinning circle on the cam I didn't reboot - which hadn't been an issue in the past. They usually both come up eventually, but it does seem to take longer.

As to the dvr, I'll check the YouTube admin page later today. In the past, all we've had is the option to turn on the dvr - and I suspect that still all we have. The increase to 12 hours is a YouTube "feature" - and I have not been able to find a way to ask about it on Google - all I get is how to watch YouTube TV. I can also try asking on the help forums - I didn't ever get a reply to the last question I had, but other people do get answers, and maybe someone there knows the answer to this. I'd love to have it as an option - that way we could have one cam recording for 12 hours in case something happened during the night or at some other point when no one was watching - but could more easily take screenshots from what we've just observed (which is what I'd do for Surrey if I could - if we have or get the option of setting the length for the rollback, it would be up to each cam's observer team to decide on a strategy).

I'll post if/when I learn anything - and if anyone can think of a way to google this that gets useful information, please let me know! Thanks!

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 14896
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Thank you Judy! :)
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

amyklai
Topic Assistant
Posts: 3289
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by amyklai » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:04 am

7.04a Can the WR cams all be rebooted?

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:53 am

amyklai wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:04 am
7.04a Can the WR cams all be rebooted?
Sorry - I'm just getting here. Do they still need to be rebooted, Amy?

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 18083
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:57 am

Have a question about topic notifications from the forum. Beginning last evening I started getting email notifications of topic notifications. I have never gotten these before. But the problem is I continue to get the notifications even if I go to the forum to check. Also, it states I can click to no longer unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:...But I don't want to unsubscribe from all topics. What am I to do to not receive email notifications of these but to continue to see the notifications on the forum at the top of the page? Is there a setting for change the notification process? Hope this makes sense?
2019-06-19_6-49-51.jpg
2019-06-19_6-50-30.jpg
edit: 7:30 I am still receiving email notifications:
2019-06-19_8-29-45.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:12 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:57 am
Have a question about topic notifications from the forum. Beginning last evening I started getting email notifications of topic notifications. I have never gotten these before. But the problem is I continue to get the notifications even if I go to the forum to check. Also, it states I can click to no longer unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:...But I don't want to unsubscribe from all topics. What am I to do to not receive email notifications of these but to continue to see the notifications on the forum at the top of the page? Is there a setting for change the notification process? Hope this makes sense?2019-06-19_6-49-51.jpg2019-06-19_6-50-30.jpg

edit: 7:30 I am still receiving email notifications:
2019-06-19_8-29-45.jpg
I'm not sure if this will help, but the first thing I'd check is your Notification Options.

To do that, click on your name in the upper right corner of any page, then choose User Control Panel.

Click on the Board Preferences tab and you should see Edit Notification Options in the column on the left:
20190619_001.jpg
I might have some options you don't - ignore any minor differences, and make sure email is not checked for those notifications where you don't want it.

While I was looking at this, I also was reminded that you can both bookmark and subscribe to topics:
20190619_002.jpg
Is it possible that you accidentally clicked somewhere and have something both bookmarked and subscribed? You can see what you have in each category in the User Control Panel under the Overview tab:
20190619_003.jpg
20190619_003.jpg (21.63 KiB) Viewed 289 times

I hope this helps. If not, please let me know, and I'll try to dig a bit deeper.

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 18083
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:13 am

Thanks so much, Judy, for the instructions. I am not sure how that happened but deselected all email notifications and now not showing any. Hopefully, this will work and will see. This is how the notifications now look with email option turned off.
2019-06-19_10-10-05.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

amyklai
Topic Assistant
Posts: 3289
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by amyklai » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:40 am

6.40a Can the NORTH WR cam be rebooted?

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:46 am

amyklai wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:40 am
6.40a Can the NORTH WR cam be rebooted?
It seems to be streaming now - does it still need a reboot? (Sorry about the delay - had some appointments this morning.)

amyklai
Topic Assistant
Posts: 3289
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by amyklai » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:51 am

JudyB wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:46 am
amyklai wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:40 am
6.40a Can the NORTH WR cam be rebooted?
It seems to be streaming now - does it still need a reboot? (Sorry about the delay - had some appointments this morning.)
Its ok for now Judy ,, thank you

amyklai
Topic Assistant
Posts: 3289
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by amyklai » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:36 am

8.35a Judy NORTH at WR needs rebooting this morning

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:45 am

amyklai wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:36 am
8.35a Judy NORTH at WR needs rebooting this morning
Done. I had trouble connecting, so there may be an issue with the internet at the site.

User avatar
Yolande
Topic Assistant
Posts: 5337
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Yolande » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Afternoon ....the PTZ and embedded cams are all down at HM. I'm not sure how long they've been down - guessing about an hour, though..

Thanks!

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:05 pm

Yolande wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:01 pm
Afternoon ....the PTZ and embedded cams are all down at HM. I'm not sure how long they've been down - guessing about an hour, though..

Thanks!
Thanks, Yolande. I'm not seeing any outages in the area so I'll send a text to Ken to see if there's anything he can do.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Yolande wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:01 pm
Afternoon ....the PTZ and embedded cams are all down at HM. I'm not sure how long they've been down - guessing about an hour, though..

Thanks!
I spoke to Ken. He can reach the computer at HM that's connected to the internet, and he can reach the antenna that gets the signals from the tree - but he can't reach the antenna at the tree that sends the signals from the cams to the computer. At this point he isn't going to be able to get out there to check on the equipment at the base of the tree - so I think our best bet is to send good thoughts that the cams will come back up on their own. It's possible that someone is doing some sort of maintenance out there and has turned off some circuits or something - and will turn them back on eventually - but we don't have anyone on site who can check on that for us.

User avatar
Yolande
Topic Assistant
Posts: 5337
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Yolande » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:38 pm

JudyB wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:35 pm
Yolande wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:01 pm
Afternoon ....the PTZ and embedded cams are all down at HM. I'm not sure how long they've been down - guessing about an hour, though..

Thanks!
I spoke to Ken. He can reach the computer at HM that's connected to the internet, and he can reach the antenna that gets the signals from the tree - but he can't reach the antenna at the tree that sends the signals from the cams to the computer. At this point he isn't going to be able to get out there to check on the equipment at the base of the tree - so I think our best bet is to send good thoughts that the cams will come back up on their own. It's possible that someone is doing some sort of maintenance out there and has turned off some circuits or something - and will turn them back on eventually - but we don't have anyone on site who can check on that for us.

Hi Judy, and thanks so much! The cams did come back up so all is good...

User avatar
Lynne
Zoomer
Posts: 4389
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Lynne » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:15 pm

WR North cam is sputtering - needs reboot?
Thank you :bye 1:

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 18083
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:55 pm

1:54 pm the east cam at Delta 2 is showing offline for 42 minutes at this time. The west cam is working fine. Have not checked the zoomer cams though.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:55 pm
1:54 pm the east cam at Delta 2 is showing offline for 42 minutes at this time. The west cam is working fine. Have not checked the zoomer cams though.
2:05 pm
The East zoomer cam is working, so I'm trying a reboot to see if that will jump-start the embedded cam. If not, I'll send a message to Ken.

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:09 pm

JudyB wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:06 pm
Sandy_W wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:55 pm
1:54 pm the east cam at Delta 2 is showing offline for 42 minutes at this time. The west cam is working fine. Have not checked the zoomer cams though.
2:05 pm
The East zoomer cam is working, so I'm trying a reboot to see if that will jump-start the embedded cam. If not, I'll send a message to Ken.
Added - it worked! The embedded cam is back.

User avatar
Lynne
Zoomer
Posts: 4389
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Lynne » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:24 pm

It's 6:22pm Wednesday - the North cam is not streaming at WR. I don't know what the problem is.
Thanks for any help.
:bye 1:

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:42 pm

Lynne wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:24 pm
It's 6:22pm Wednesday - the North cam is not streaming at WR. I don't know what the problem is.
Thanks for any help.
:bye 1:
Unfortunately that camera seems to need to be rebooted far more often than the others (though Surrey North is a close second) - and I thank you for posting to let us know.

And I've rebooted it, and it's streaming, at least for now.

User avatar
Lynne
Zoomer
Posts: 4389
Joined: Feb 22, 2018

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Lynne » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:05 pm

JudyB wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:42 pm
Lynne wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:24 pm
It's 6:22pm Wednesday - the North cam is not streaming at WR. I don't know what the problem is.
Thanks for any help.
:bye 1:
Unfortunately that camera seems to need to be rebooted far more often than the others (though Surrey North is a close second) - and I thank you for posting to let us know.

And I've rebooted it, and it's streaming, at least for now.
Thank you! :bye 1:

User avatar
SueB
Zoomer
Posts: 22929
Joined: Feb 20, 2018
Location: SW Florida

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by SueB » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Good Afternoon! The Delta cams (embedded) seem to be going off and on every few minutes or so. Sandy had been on the Zoomer cams when all cams went down at 11:58 am. Her post indicates that they came back on and that she logged off at 12:06 pm. Since that time it looks like the embedded cams have been off and on a few times. Currently they both appear to be up for 8 minutes but I just wanted to post this in case they go down again.

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 39426
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 am

SUNDAY , JUNE 30 , 2019

Good Early Morning Judy !

Re Harrison Mills

The S embedded cam is down and has spinning circle .. maybe a reboot will help
screenshot_09.jpg
The S Direct Access cam is streaming

Thanks
Bev
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
IrishEyes
Forum Assistant
Posts: 39426
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

!

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:14 am

4:15a
Re H Mills

S Cam is streaming
screenshot_32.jpg
I don't know if it came back on its own or what !
Image

HELPFUL HINTS...Be Respectful !....Bev...member since 08/04/09

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 18083
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:35 am

7:34 am July 1st. the Delta 2 cams, both the embedded cams and zoomer cams were cycling on and off this morning.

8:06 am the embedded cams have been offline for 4 minutes at this time.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

User avatar
Jean
Topic Assistant
Posts: 14896
Joined: Feb 19, 2018
Location: Langley, BC

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Jean » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:20 am

9:19am..........To add to Sandy's report..............just got here and the rollback only goes to 8:23am............not a good time to have cams go off as our eaglets are turning 11 weeks old tomorrow and the next day. Could fledge soon.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

User avatar
Sandy_W
Topic Assistant
Posts: 18083
Joined: Feb 22, 2018
Location: Arkansas

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by Sandy_W » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:36 am

10:30 am lost both zoomer cams at Delta. They went black then lost connection. They are on the nest but the west cam is on a close up. I can't get back on as showing Can't reach this page. The east cam looked like it came back but actually it didn't as on a time loop. 10:44 am all cams are offline and can't reach the zoomer log in pages.

10:49 am the cams came back online and was able to log in. Positioned the cams and logged off. But a couple of minutes later the embedded cams offline again.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

User avatar
JudyB
Admin
Posts: 4159
Joined: Dec 09, 2017
Location: Midcoast Maine

Re: Report Cams Down and Forum Errors

Post by JudyB » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Sandy_W wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:36 am
10:30 am lost both zoomer cams at Delta. They went black then lost connection. They are on the nest but the west cam is on a close up. I can't get back on as showing Can't reach this page. The east cam looked like it came back but actually it didn't as on a time loop. 10:44 am all cams are offline and can't reach the zoomer log in pages.

10:49 am the cams came back online and was able to log in. Positioned the cams and logged off. But a couple of minutes later the embedded cams offline again.
The embedded cams at Delta are both streaming now, though it's anyone's guess how long they'll stay up. Ken is still working on upgraded service to the site, but apparently there can be a wait of several weeks or more to get that installed.

Post Reply

Return to “Technical Help”